Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gen Z is really pushing the “The 90s were awful” angle lately.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Don't ***** out now dude.

We were talking tiers of guys who were ambidextrous. I done TOLD you there were multiple star players who were far more ambidextrous than Jordan and had better lefts to which you scoffed at and tried to call me an idiot.

And then Kyrie... one of the guys I EXPLICITLY mentioned buries a left handed skyhook over Jokic! Of all people... to win the game.

Eat your crow son.
    Who is WE you fukking moron? I have not argued with you about MJs right/left tendencies at all in this thread. Da Realist a few pages back was the one talking to you about that. I only chimed into one of your posts saying that Lebron was a natural lefty but I've otherwise made no posts in this thread arguing about ambidextrous players so literally, what the fukk are you going on about?? I don't even disagree with the premise that MJ was right-dominant, so you're even more of a clown trying to assign shit to me that I haven't even argued. If you didn't post so much daily shit to whoever gives you the time of day, you'd actually keep track of who said what to you.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 03-17-2024 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Who is WE you fukking moron? I have not argued with you about MJs right/left tendencies at all in this thread. Da Realist a few pages back was the one talking to you about that. I only chimed into one of your posts saying that Lebron was a natural lefty but I've otherwise made no posts in this thread arguing about ambidextrous players so literally, what the fukk are you going on about?? I don't even disagree with the premise that MJ was right-dominant, so you're even more of a clown trying to assign shit to me that I haven't even argued. If you didn't post so much daily shit to whoever gives you the time of day, you'd actually keep track of who said what to you.

NBA lottery pick

The 90's was the most powerful era. Only era where top 3 players in the league won league and or finals mvp each year.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    33/8/8 is reasonable, 40 PPG would only happen if 3ball was his coach (and the team would be abysmal)
    33 is on the low side, this is a higher scoring, guard centric league today with less physical defense, Jordan scored 33 or better multiple times in his career.

I also think he would take it as a challenge to not let anyone else win a scoring title so long as he was in his peak/prime, so whoever is at no.1 would be coming down.

He has the ability to do that and wouldn't need much motivation.

A team should be able to comfortably manage that level of scoring today anyway

Jordan - 36 ppg
    Option 2 - 21 ppg
    Option 3 - 14 ppg
    Option 4 - 10 ppg
    Option 5 - 9 ppg
    Bench - 30 ppg

= 120 points ... that's not really absurd for today at all.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    He's like a troll who would argue that Kobe has a better left hand than MJ just because Kobe uses his left for scratching his balls

Very good NBA starter

I agree with this guy, the main reason the 90s were better was because the players loved playing basketball. They wanted to play every single game for the fans.

We underestimate that a bunch of players today are into ball for the gossip on Instagram and twitter.

That's why it's the euros who dominate today, basketball is not a mainstream sport in Europe, soccer is. So a euro that plays basketbal does it for the love of the game, while the wannabe socialities go into soccer where they are just as arrogant and useless.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    I agree with this guy, the main reason the 90s were better was because the players loved playing basketball. They wanted to play every single game for the fans.

We underestimate that a bunch of players today are into ball for the gossip on Instagram and twitter.

That's why it's the euros who dominate today, basketball is not a mainstream sport in Europe, soccer is. So a euro that plays basketbal does it for the love of the game, while the wannabe socialities go into soccer where they are just as arrogant and useless.

lol the example of the Grizzlies today taking some of the most 3s in the game while having the worst 3 point percentages at shooting the 3 kind of sums up today's brand of brain dead basketball.

These players are dumb as bricks and the coaches probably know better but are powerless to do much about it.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    lol the example of the Grizzlies today taking some of the most 3s in the game while having the worst 3 point percentages at shooting the 3 kind of sums up today's brand of brain dead basketball.

These players are dumb as bricks and the coaches probably know better but are powerless to do much about it.
    Yep, that really hit deep.

Imagine being trash at shooting 3s, 34.8% and thinking that because 33% * 3 = 1, then you should just keep bombing. Completely idiocy.

If the Grizzlies shooting 3s is his best point than it doesn't hold a candle to the multiple 3-4 hour long, even longer, "done with the 90s" breakdowns I have seen.

Sad to see so many gen X and older millennials become the new "ok boomer" guys.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post

Imagine being trash at shooting 3s, 34.8% and thinking that because 33% * 3 = 1, then you should just keep bombing. Completely idiocy.
    The Bum keeps shooting them and he's just trying to get to 30%

NBA rookie of the year

This also shows the stupidity of cherry picking low lights. You can do it for any era, like this guy made the 2016 Finals (Cavs-Warriors) look like shit.

Go to 3:16 in the video for the relevant point.

It's so disingenuous what a few idiots are doing to get some clicks.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 03-18-2024 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    This also shows the stupidity of cherry picking low lights. You can do it for any era, like this guy made the 2016 Finals (Cavs-Warriors) look like shit.

Go to 3:16 in the video for the relevant point.

It's so disingenuous what a few idiots are doing to get some clicks.
    We done wit da 2016 Finals, BIG TRASH!!!

Jordan stans had this coming for all the slandering of the modern era. We did this same thing to the 60a and 70s to argue Mjs greatness in the 90s. Then again to the 2000's, the 10s and now. Apparently the only window of good basketball the NBA has ever seen lasted from 85--98, strange coincidence. Also I can't understand the uproar about Mjs left hand when the literal "Jordan Rules" we glorify so much were based on sending him left lol.

Quote Originally Posted by John Salley
    “Push him left! That's your Jordan rule right there, That's all I'm allowed to give away.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiah Thomas
    "Jordan was a reluctant passer," Thomas said. "He didn't like to pass. He was the first volume shooter. He wasn't like, now you see kids that got great handles and all that, he didn't, he didn't have great handles. Couldn't go left, and if he went left more than two-three times, he had to pick it up.

"So, the rules were very simple - left side of the floor, send him left. Right side of the floor, send him left. In the middle, send him left. Now, when he's going left, we wanted the trap to be visible. So, I'm going left, and the first person that he sees now, is running at him. And you, as a defender, your job is to take away his right hand because now, as a passer, we want that ball going in the air. And if the ball goes in the air, we're quick enough to rotate and get back and match up...

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

The Bad Boys, one of the best defensive teams in history, pushed MJ left yet he still averaged:

1988: 27 pts, 49% (5 games)
    1989: 30 pts, 46% (6 games)
    1990: 32 pts, 47% (7 games)
    1991: 30 pts, 54% (4 games)

The Pistons did not push MJ left because he had no left hand. They pushed him left because if they didn't, he would have averaged 40 on them and the Bulls would have probably beaten them sooner than 1991.

In the 1988 playoffs the Pistons held Larry Bird, who once shot left for a whole game, to 20 pts on 35% over 6 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist View Post
    The Bad Boys, one of the best defensive teams in history, pushed MJ left yet he still averaged:

1988: 27 pts, 49% (5 games)
    1989: 30 pts, 46% (6 games)
    1990: 32 pts, 47% (7 games)
    1991: 30 pts, 54% (4 games)

The Pistons did not push MJ left because he had no left hand. They pushed him left because if they didn't, he would have averaged 40 on them and the Bulls would have probably beaten them sooner than 1991.

In the 1988 playoffs the Pistons held Larry Bird, who once shot left for a whole game, to 20 pts on 35% over 6 games.
    I beleive you, you know better than the only guys from his era to beat him like a drum. Of course he could go left, but he couldn't do as much going left apparently. Hence his weak hand, LeBron had a similar scouting report on him early too. They both developed it to the point of no longer being a weakness. Difference was Lebron was day one comfortably finishing with either hand and it was touted as an advanced skill. You guys keep trying to tune thus narrative out whenever we had Clyde Drexler, aka one of Mj's rival for best in the game looking at the ball when he dribbled amongst other things. Also in the 90s there were flashy moves that only certain guys could pull off and nowadays there's bench guys who can do double fake fadeqays and reverse layups as normal shots in their arsenal. There were literally only a handful of guys in the 90s thst had a basic level crossover, now there's tons. The game has evolved alot fellas.