Local High School Star

Default Is all music just legally free on YouTube now

Remember years ago we used to have to hunt for music on youtube, like if a new album came out we would have to search for it and often the links would get deleted by YouTube or whatever.

But at some point the actual music studios themselves started posting the links. Like they don't even care if people buy the music anymore it seems, they just stick it up right on YouTube.

Like when Drake has a new album all the tracks just get posted on Drake's YouTube channel.

When did that start? Like I didn't even notice the change.

Pearl jam came out with her first song in years and no one had to buy it because there it was posted right on Pearl jam's YouTube channel

Default Re: Is all music just legally free on YouTube now

They get money from advertisements. But yes, those tracks are easy to rip and download off Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    They get money from advertisements. But yes, those tracks are easy to rip and download off Youtube.
    Hmmm, Blade knows how to rip audio from YouTube. Interesting. Almost as surprising as Jasper knowing how to. Last night I used yt-dlp, which is better than youtube-dl.

College superstar

And in the future this is how all resources will be allocated. Food, clothes, etc.

Technocratic commie shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    And in the future this is how all resources will be allocated. Food, clothes, etc.

Technocratic commie shit.
    There will still be a lot of people who don't have intellect to access all of it though.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

As it should be

I don't know about their particular deals or whatever they have going on but I would assume labels and artists such as these are banking on promotion via uploading the music so they can make more money from touring. Relatively little money is made from streaming. Might as well just put it everywhere and hope for the best. They get some peanuts while people aren't torrenting. The music industry is not as glamorous as some might think.

Not a Beato fan but he tries to explain things in simple terms and makes good points sometimes:

I had a video with a band's music in it and received a notice that the label the music was released through will allow the video to remain up but they will put an ad on it and collect money from it. This is fair imo but that video didn't even have many views and my account is barely active at all these days. There's all kinds of weird things going on with Youtube and the music industry. Many of these artists view counts are kinda fraudulent as there are "click farms".
    Last edited by SATAN; 03-16-2024 at 04:42 AM.