Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Things growing up in the 90's that the current generation doesnt understand

Pirating movies and music off lime wire.

And having it tak e 4 hours to download on dial up aol.

Default Re: Things growing up in the 90's that the current generation doesnt understand

1-900 numbers

dad inviting his weird friends over to play games that i didn't like.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    dad inviting his weird friends over to play games that i didn't like.

College superstar

90’s were wack as shit especially the late 90’s.

Anyone who was old enough to actually grow up in the 90’s knows this.

Traffic bt was good too compared to today.

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned. Saturday Morning Cartoons or just Cartoons in general after school. Fox Kids or WB kids. I'm not even sure if Cartoons even come on the night 4 networks of NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox.
    Even shows geared towards kids/teens like Saved By The Bell and even NBA Inside Stuff was geared towards the younger crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Cars in that era mostly had crappy 4-speed automatics back then and didn't have huge infotainment screens yet. At least we get to see them now with 6 to 10 gears and head-units that have smartphone capability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Traffic bt was good too compared to today.
    In an attempt to reach his goal and get 100,000 post as fast as humanly possible, Axe has resorted to inserting himself into this thread to post about life in the 90s, when he wasn't even alive yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    In an attempt to reach his goal and get 100,000 post as fast as humanly possible, Axe has resorted to inserting himself into this thread to post about life in the 90s, when he wasn't even alive yet.
    I was thinking the same thing. No way that fat hot pocket-eating jobless jabroni was alive in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Surprised this hasn't been mentioned. Saturday Morning Cartoons or just Cartoons in general after school. Fox Kids or WB kids. I'm not even sure if Cartoons even come on the night 4 networks of NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox.
    Even shows geared towards kids/teens like Saved By The Bell and even NBA Inside Stuff was geared towards the younger crowd.
    Yeah Saturday mornings for me was Reading Rainbow, X-Men, Saved By the Bell, and NBA Inside Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Pirating movies and music off lime wire.

And having it tak e 4 hours to download on dial up aol.
    I doubt you downloaded movies on a 56k modem on a platform that didn't even exist in the 90s. You're mixing up 90s and early 2000s. In the 90s you pirated off of newsgroups and movie pirating would've cost a fortune during most of the 90s.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    I doubt you downloaded movies on a 56k modem on a platform that didn't even exist in the 90s. You're mixing up 90s and early 2000s. In the 90s you pirated off of newsgroups and movie pirating would've cost a fortune during most of the 90s.
    Yeah you could only get music in the 90's and it took forever you would use up all your free AOL hours discs.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    So freaking autistic he has to show everyone else in several threads that i have truly established a free real estate inside his incel pea brain. What a sore loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    As usual, whiny ass poopsie has to bring up food yet again so the others can see that the number of people weighing significantly less than him is higher now than when he joined this board way back in 2010.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    In the 90’s you could copy VHS if you had it set up and then there was the ability to burn CDs.

I think you are right though napster then kazaa and lime wire were at the tail end of 90’s/early 2000’s. It’s close enough where I can see the slight bleed through between the two eras though