Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Dunk of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Ah, that would explain it then. I was like how hard can it be to find this info lol....

Damn, Xavier Tillman at 6"8 has 10.25" long hands. For reference Kawhi is considered to have claws and his are 9.75" length.
    The craziest hand length I've seen is Mychal Mulder: 6'3.5" tall with 10.0" long hands. And Rondo: 6'0" tall with 9.5" long hands.

Bill Russell is 6'9 and 5/8ths tall with 10.5" hands. Shaq is around 7'0.25" tall with 11.0" long hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    The craziest hand length I've seen is Mychal Mulder: 6'3.5" tall with 10.0" long hands. And Rondo: 6'0" tall with 9.5" long hands.

Bill Russell is 6'9 and 5/8ths tall with 10.5" hands. Shaq is around 7'0.25" tall with 11.0" long hands.
    The site I was looking at records Shaq's hand at 10.5" long.

Nope. This is Dwight's Superman all over again. It's not a dunk if you don't touch rim. It's just an incredibly ferocious layup.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    The site I was looking at records Shaq's hand at 10.5" long.
    I'm not sure where that measurement comes from.

CavsFTW/The Wilt Chamberlain Archive/Dantheman listed Shaq's hand length as 11":

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...cluded_on_how/

I'm not sure where he got the number but he's very credible when it comes to these sorts of measurements. Has searched newspaper archives and stuff. He got the Bill Russell measurement from research done for a book called The Rivalry: Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, and the Golden Age of Basketball.