Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default JJ Redick & LeBron James podcast "Mind the Game" episode 1

I expect this to be a relative flop. JJ was hitting on something when he posed the question on First take: "Do the fans want to be educated or not?" The obvious answer is mostly not. Fans want to be entertained above all else.

It's not as straight to the point as Kobe's analysis that aired years ago called "Detail" but it's worth a listen. Redick does say that episode 2 will be a lot more X's & O's, to be fair though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: JJ Redick & LeBron James podcast "Mind the Game" episode 1

LeBron is a basketball genius, this is a must watch for anyone wanting to learn more insight of the game of basketball

We Done Wit Da 90s!!

I rule the local playground

Hopefully Bron shares his PED stack!

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Mind the game podcast with jj redick . Why the hell would he do a iq podcast with jj fking redick. Redick is one of the lowest iq players ever. All he did was run around the court chucking contested 3’s, the dude couldn’t even make a simple bound pass half the time. Why not do a podcast with rondo or jokic or draymond (if you wanted to do a podcast with someone who already has a podcast). Hell even Jeremy Lin would have been a better choice.

It would be like doing an art of shooting podcast with Jeff green or something …foh this is so random
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 03-19-2024 at 07:38 PM.

Good High School Starter Chuckbe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Mind the game podcast with jj redick . Why the hell would he do a iq podcast with jj fking redick. Redick is one of the lowest iq players ever. All he did was run around the court chucking contested 3’s, the dude couldn’t even make a simple bound pass half the time. Why not do a podcast with rondo or jokic or draymond (if you wanted to do a podcast with someone who already has a podcast). Hell even Jeremy Lin would have been a better choice.

It would be like doing an art of shooting podcast with Jeff green or something …foh this is so random

Are you oay?

College superstar

More narcissistic shit from lebron

College superstar

JJ: Can you develop basketball IQ at the highest level?

Bran: They told me I had the uncanny ability to process information faster than anyone they've ever seen.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I know I’ve dabbled in having a high opinion of oneself. Fundamentally I’m OK with it. Especially when someone has earned it as thoroughly as LeBron has obviously earned the right to have a high opinion of his basketball playing. That said the clips I have seen are still probably the most narcissistic thing I have ever seen from an athlete who I don’t think is doing it as a bit. And I say that having read more than one of Wilt Chamberlain‘s books.

He is leaning so heavily into being a douche I almost have to assume it is a bit…but I really think he’s serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I know I’ve dabbled in having a high opinion of oneself. Fundamentally I’m OK with it. Especially when someone has earned it as thoroughly as LeBron has obviously earned the right to have a high opinion of his basketball playing. That said the clips I have seen are still probably the most narcissistic thing I have ever seen from an athlete who I don’t think is doing it as a bit. And I say that having read more than one of Wilt Chamberlain‘s books.

He is leaning so heavily into being a douche I almost have to assume it is a bit…but I really think he’s serious.
    Seething.

Pretty good podcast actually. I enjoyed listening to it and loved the part when Bron said most players can't flip plays in their head.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Pretty good podcast actually. I enjoyed listening to it and loved the part when Bron said most players can't flip plays in their head.
    and he points out that he could Do it when he was eight

College superstar

Imagine a kid asking Tyson for boxing tips on how to have power in both hands and Tyson answering by saying, when I was 8 I could already put cows to sleep with my punch. Some boxers now can't even do it, but I could at a young age and people said I was the strongest they've seen. How insightful from a boxing perspective.

Wow, this show is purely about basketball? JJ, not calling out that BS? And still you wonder why you dont get a wider audience.