Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Zach Edey MONSTER 30 points and 21 rebounds performance in March Madness first ro

Zach is undeniably more mobile than Brook Lopez, let alone a handful of starting and backup centers in the NBA right now. I can continue to reference combine numbers but I'll just post this GIF:

Can you nitpick aspects of his defense? Sure. But you can do that for a lot of centers in the NBA. And how Zach is playing for Purdue isn't 100% indicative of how he will on an NBA team. He's being asked to shoulder an incredibly large offensive burden and is more concerned with not getting fouled out or gassing out than contesting every possible shot.

Default Re: Zach Edey MONSTER 30 points and 21 rebounds performance in March Madness first ro

Four rounds into the NCAA tournament, Zach is averaging 30.0 ppg, 16.3 rpg, 1.8 apg, 0.8 spg, 1.8 bpg, 2.0 topg, shooting 65.6% FG and 66.9% TS in 34 minutes per game.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    I watched him one full game and that was enough for me to lose interest. He was so passive protecting the rim it was embarrasing.

Edey's low steal and foul rate are signs of how passive he is on D. He literally has the lowest steal rate of any draft prospect in either round.
    I think a lot of that can be attributed to how important it is that he stay on the floor as much as possible. Purdue relies so heavily on him that if he gets into foul trouble then they’re hurting.

I would imagine the coaches tell him not to take unnecessary chances on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    I think a lot of that can be attributed to how important it is that he stay on the floor as much as possible. Purdue relies so heavily on him that if he gets into foul trouble then they’re hurting.

I would imagine the coaches tell him not to take unnecessary chances on defense.
    Totally agree with you. Saw many times where he couldve tried to block a shot or a reach in but chose not to because he was probably instructed not to take dumb, silly chance fouls.

First player since Oscar in 1960 to lead the nation in scoring while also getting to the final 4

The first half against Gonzaga his defense was so lame even the announcers were commenting on it. If he has to take more than a step to contest a shot it isn't happening. No thanks.

He only averages 2.5 fouls per 40 minutes so he could be a lot more aggressive without worrying about foul trouble.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    The first half against Gonzaga his defense was so lame even the announcers were commenting on it. If he has to take more than a step to contest a shot it isn't happening. No thanks.

He only averages 2.5 fouls per 40 minutes so he could be a lot more aggressive without worrying about foul trouble.
    Again, whatever it is that they're doing is working. If they can still hold teams the way they do, keep him on the court, and win ball games then why ask him to play more aggressively on D?

Again, whatever it is that they're doing is working. If they can still hold teams the way they do, keep him on the court, and win ball games then why ask him to play more aggressively on D?
    I don't think he actually can protect the rim effectively. You are giving him a pass on the assumption that the coaches are telling him not to contest shots near the rim which is pretty ridiculous. Protecting the rim is typically the top priority of every defense.

Winning in college doesn't mean crap to me. It doesn't seem to matter to the mock drafts either.

Facts Are Misleading

He's going to have a good career overseas.

Or a forgotten career in the NBA.

Edey's defense from the first half vs Gonzaga.

The Canadian Yao

NBA All-star

it's like watching Sidney Crosby not using his stick and just tries to muscle and score.

A skillset suitable for 90s ball. Not impressed.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

I see :

85% Ivica Zubac
    15% Yao Ming

I hear a lot of younger high school & early 20’s dudes, confidently proclaim he isn’t an NBA player, one of them to his credit said Zach would be a good euroleague player. That’s very true.

But I’m not convinced there isn’t a team who wants to incorporate a player like this onto their rotation.
    He’s not some incompetent, uncoachable ret@rd.
    And dude can manhandle many current NBA bigs, and set insanely great screens.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post

But I’m not convinced there isn’t a team who wants to incorporate a player like this onto their rotation.
    He’s not some incompetent, uncoachable ret@rd.
    And dude can manhandle many current NBA bigs, and set insanely great screens.
    how about this, we'll let Zach be your personal physical training coach and guru. And every time you can't lose body fat or gain muscle, you'll sleep in a doggy cage and post those pictures on social media.

let me guess, you just pooped and piss your pants because Zach banging your loose a-hole to help you lose weight probably isn't gonna pass this test.

odd a guy who can't even work at McDonalds got a gimmick called BarberSchool

National High School Star

He should develop into an Aaron Gordon type...I don't think he's going to win you a title on his own but he should have a roster spot in the next level.