Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Would you take prime Hakeem/Shaq/Duncan over prime Jokic today?

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    What the **** are you dudes even thinking when you make threads like this?

Take to what? What is the situation?
    To the prom perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    To the prom perhaps?
    What is the situation? Take to what? A team? What team? 1 vs 1? A game of chess?

The level of thoughtless bullshit that floods sports discussion is ridiculous. And I don't even dislike the alt your using, but **** you!

This new LeBron and JJ podcast is already better than The Last Dance propaganda series btw

Facts Are Misleading

Nobody, Jokic is literally the perfect big ever created.

He can score 30ppg on efficiency not known to exist at 30ppg in playoff runs. His style of play promotes ultimate team basketball. He's amongst the top 5 passers I've ever seen in my life and clearly the best passing big ever my a mile. He's a solid defender. Stretches the floor.

Facts Are Misleading

The other bigs here do certain things better than Jokic, Duncan and Hakeems defense being the major one. Hakeems post ups look prettier but I doubt they're actually more effective than Jokic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther View Post
    Obviously posted by a guy who never saw him play and is just pulling up stats.. the team was derailed by injuries and cocaine addictions during that time.. As far as Jordan goes stat guy.. please pull up Hakeem's win total verses Jordan's 90's bulls. Something people always forget, the bulls had no answer for him. Bill Cartwright ect.. paleassse

The Bulls are lucky we didn't come out of the Western Conference (would've changed Jordan's entire legacy).. They can thank the Super Sonics for that.. styles make fights. We didn't match up against them.. the same way the "badass Jordan bulls" didn't match up against us. We definitely matched up against them, but Jordan decided to take a Dave Chappelle hiatus and play shitty baseball.

Take your Jordan retirement B.S. and shove it.. would've loved to see Hakeem slay him (like so many others) during that run too

And this is exactly why... we done with yall from the 80s and 90s. It was crackhead league with weak shooters and all right hand dribblers. So many dudes back then had no handle with the left hand... that's why they was always posting.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

You know what is probably one of Hakeem's greatest accomplishments... He was drafted in front of Michael Jordan.. and NO ONE QUESTIONS IT.
    So was Sam Bowie.

And Jokic was a 2nd round pick and is dominating the league.

I'm taking all of them over Jokic in the 90s. It's a tougher question for today. On the current team I'm sticking with Jokic. It's built too well for him. On a brand new team and if I'm only looking at their primes then I'd take Shaq then Hakeem then Jokic then Duncan. Over a career? Not sure but Hakeem last.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

If I have to start a team from scratch tomorrow I take Jokic. Orlando Shaq would probably be a better player in today's league than prime Shaq. If I already have a good PG, I take Hakeem or Shaq first. Duncan is the one whose game least translates to current playing style. If I have a full roster and have a last spot on it I probably take Jokic. So basically: if I have nothing or almost everything I pick Jokic. If I have certain pieces and need the center post to be played than Hakeem or Orlando Shaq. Prime Shaq and Duncan as good as they were are not really good fits today.

Then again: I may be totally wrong. It's a very tough question.

Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan easy and probably David Robinson too. You guys underestimate the would be impact these Goat level bigmen would have on a league that is not built to defend them.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan easy and probably David Robinson too. You guys underestimate the would be impact these Goat level bigmen would have on a league that is not built to defend them.
    Can you build a contender with Rony Seikaly as your 2nd guy? If so what would be his stats?

You know what is probably one of Hakeem's greatest accomplishments... He was drafted in front of Michael Jordan.. and NO ONE QUESTIONS IT.
    Who would question that. He was clear cut number one.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

I slightly disagree. Shaq is a real physical mismatch in any era. But he would need to run a lot more and his defense wouldn't be that effective (id we are talking about Lakers Shaq as 'prime'). Hakeem and Duncan would be great defenders, especially Hakeem. The more mobile and laterally quick the better. On offense though: I think Lakers Shaq can't run at this speed for an 82 game season. That's why I said I'd replace him with Orlando Shaq. Duncan could do the same thing he did 20 years ago. Which is great but not at Joker's level on offense. Do you really have to defend Duncan or even Hakeem though? Let them have their 25-30 points. As long as they are not playmakers on a high level it's probably less effective for the team.

Embiid is not a worse scorer than Hakeem. He is better in scoring alone than Duncan and you can argue him being close to Orlando Shaq. And injuries aside, Embiid didn't take the 76ers very far in the past. Many players can score now.

Jokic is unique because he runs the offense. You don't need a true PG as long as he is playing. That's a big difference maker.

As good as Jokic is as a playmaker the style of play and era makes him look better than he actually is.

Another thing nobody talks about is the improved numbers across the board those guys would have especially the assist numbers considering the amount of shooters they would have playing with them.

Shaq could easily go for 35ppg 13rebs 6asts 3blks in his prime today why would Jokic's playmaking make him better?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

As good as Jokic is as a playmaker the style of play and era makes him look better than he actually is.

Another thing nobody talks about is the improved numbers across the board those guys would have especially the assist numbers considering the amount of shooters they would have playing with them.

Shaq could easily go for 35ppg 13rebs 6asts 3blks in his prime today why would Jokic's playmaking make him better?
    great point... could joker take the punishment Pat Ewing , keem, and Tim would of taken