Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: How come Pro-Palestine protesters are always young disheveled looking dorks??

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Default Re: How come Pro-Palestine protesters are always young disheveled looking dorks??

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    This guy supports Israel?

I wouldn't say I am pro-Palestine but I am against Israel's over the top response to the terrorist attacks. I believe Hamas is funded by Israel to self-harm. With Hamas attacking Israel, Israel continues to be the beneficiary of support and complete oversight of Palestine and their sovereignty. Call my beliefs of Israel a conspiracy but one must admit it has merit, especially when considering the US's own history with the middle-east. Either way, what Israel is doing right now to all of Gaza (not just the 'terrorist') is criminal. How are they determining who is part of Hamas versus isn't amongst the population? And dont get me started about the aid...
    Last edited by rawimpact; 04-05-2024 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Fair.

How do you feel about regular Islamic folks having their livelihoods (and often lives) stolen by wealthy Jews and Christians in the area acting on financial interest?
    Notice how he didn't respond to this

He doesn't condemn the murder of innocent children and women all because of the religion they're associated with.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs View Post
    Notice how he didn't respond to this

He doesn't condemn the murder of innocent children and women all because of the religion they're associated with.

All I see is Israel eradicating Hamas. If Hamas is hiding in buildings and hospitals where thousands of innocent civilians are also in (which has been proven to be true), then while it is a shame, these victims are casualties of war and the finger should be pointed at the people who put these innocent lives in that position in the first place, and that's Hamas. If Israel does not eliminate Hamas from every corner of Gaza, then Hamas will reorganize and attack Israel again.

Anyone with a brain knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing;[URL="tel:14897216"
    14897216[/URL]]All I see is Israel eradicating Hamas. If Hamas is hiding in buildings and hospitals where thousands of innocent civilians are also in (which has been proven to be true), then while it is a shame, these victims are casualties of war and the finger should be pointed at the people who put these innocent lives in that position in the first place, and that's Hamas. If Israel does not eliminate Hamas from every corner of Gaza, then Hamas will reorganize and attack Israel again.

Anyone with a brain knows this.

so how exactly are they determining who is part of hamas and who isn’t? We’re the 13000 children killed also part of Hamas? There have been 31k deaths, so one out of every three has been a child pat. Let that sink in. We’ve stated innocent until proven guilty on numerous topics in regards to the domestic issues here but do you not believe that thought process should be applied everywhere? Is due process limited to the United States? I for one believe it needs to be worldwide hence why I condemn the actions of Israel, not that anyone cares or is listening. And I say that as someone who has historically voted republican.

everyone should have a right to defend themselves in court, not just be slaughtered because an armed militia thinks you’re a terrorist.

if we want to recognize Israel as an allie we have to hold them accountable and to a similar standard as ourselves otherwise we’re making a grave mistake.

apologizes on the typos I am on my phone.
    Last edited by rawimpact; 04-05-2024 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    so how exactly are they determining who is part of hamas and who isn’t? We’re the 13000 children killed also part of Hamas? There have been 31k deaths, so one out of every three has been a child pat. Let that sink in. We’ve stated innocent until proven guilty on numerous topics in regards to the domestic issues here but do you not believe that thought process should be applied everywhere? Is due process limited to the United States? I for one believe it needs to be worldwide hence why I condemn the actions of Israel, not that anyone cares or is listening. And I say that as someone who has historically voted republican.

everyone should have a right to defend themselves in court, not just be slaughtered because an armed militia thinks you’re a terrorist.

if we want to recognize Israel as an allie we have to hold them accountable and to a similar standard as ourselves otherwise we’re making a grave mistake.

apologizes on the typos I am on my phone.
    I'm only stating what I think is Israel's mindset right now. It's impossible to determine who is Hamas and who isn't. The Hamas network is literally underground. The entire network is literally underneath every building in Gaza. So you warn citizens that you're going to level the building, and after a determined amount of time, you level it, destroying the tunnel network beneath it.

If I was a fly on the wall in these meetings between Netanyahu and his war commanders, I would wager that the consensus decision is to wipe out everything that they perceive to be a Hamas hideout or threat. And it's not like they haven't warned Gazans to flee certain areas. They have. They have dropped leaflets from the sky, etc. Contrary to what every psycho Liberal wants you to believe, there isn't anyone who is happy or cheering on all this death and destruction. But I firmly believe Israel came to the decision a long time ago that their goal was to never have this happen again and this is the only way they were going to achieve that. Smoke out or crush every Hamas militant no matter what the cost. Hamas will never exist in Gaza after Israel is done.

Plus, and this is a big deal that most people overlook, Hamas has still not released their hostages. That's if they're still even alive.

And Israel understands what other nations apparently don't. That if you cease fire now and if you do not get every last Hamas rat left, then Israel will be attacked again. It's not a matter of if, it will be a matter of when.

NBA Superstar

So we're thinking that ending Hamas resolves the issues in the region? This is why people call you, and those sharing similar views on this issue, short-sighted. This is not just about Hamas. They're merely the vessel at the moment.

The Israel-Palestine relationship was fractured a very long time ago. All measures this extreme are going to do is scar impressionable people and create an entire new militant group, or groups 5, 10, 20 years from now.

This is not the end. You're either lying to yourself or are willfully ignorant if you think all Israel is after (big picture-wise in particular) is eliminating Hamas.

So we're thinking that ending Hamas resolves the issues in the region? This is why people call you, and those sharing similar views on this issue, short-sighted. This is not just about Hamas. They're merely the vessel at the moment.

The Israel-Palestine relationship was fractured a very long time ago. All measures this extreme are going to do is scar impressionable people and create an entire new militant group, or groups 5, 10, 20 years from now.

This is not the end. You're either lying to yourself or are willfully ignorant if you think all Israel is after (big picture-wise in particular) is eliminating Hamas.
    There is nothing short-sighted about this. To the contrary actually. What's short-sighted is thinking that killing a few Hamas militants in retaliation after October 7th will end the war. Israel is not turning back around and begging them to release our hostages while they ask for 20 or 30 Hamas terrorists to be released for one Israeli hostage. You cannot bargain with these people. You can only hope to eradicate them and control the narrative from here on out.

The issue in the region will never be solved so long as Muslims continue to hate Jews and want to take back Israel from the Jews. What this current situation resolves is the issue of Hamas in Gaza which has been the immediate threat to Israel for some time now.

If Israel can eliminate Hamas by doing more than they've ever done before to stop them, then it's a win-win for Israel and for stability in that region. It just seems like the lot of you want Israel to get bombed and then want Israel to just go tit for tat for years and years to come. War doesn't work that way.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    There is nothing short-sighted about this. To the contrary actually. What's short-sighted is thinking that killing a few Hamas militants in retaliation after October 7th will end the war. Israel is not turning back around and begging them to release our hostages while they ask for 20 or 30 Hamas terrorists to be released for one Israeli hostage. You cannot bargain with these people. You can only hope to eradicate them and control the narrative from here on out.

The issue in the region will never be solved so long as Muslims continue to hate Jews and want to take back Israel from the Jews. What this current situation resolves is the issue of Hamas in Gaza which has been the immediate threat to Israel for some time now.

If Israel can eliminate Hamas by doing more than they've ever done before to stop them, then it's a win-win for Israel and for stability in that region. It just seems like the lot of you want Israel to get bombed and then want Israel to just go tit for tat for years and years to come. War doesn't work that way.
    And you think this energy is purely coming from one side?

It seems like you're on the side of Israel in wanting to eliminate Palestine as a country, but ignoring the repercussions that would have.

And you think this energy is purely coming from one side?

It seems like you're on the side of Israel in wanting to eliminate Palestine as a country, but ignoring the repercussions that would have.
    If Israel wanted to eliminate Palestine as a country, they would have done it years ago. And they could have done it in a day or two with their military firepower.

But Israel has given Palestine plenty of time and concessions to get their shit straight for years. There is a reason why Egypt and Jordan want nothing to do with Palestine and there is a reason why Iran (a terrorist nation that chants "Death to America") does.

This idea that Israel wants to eliminate Palestine is once again a fake narrative by people who despise Israel. The only nation that wants a two-state solution is Israel. Not the other way around. This anti-Israel hate or this extreme criticism of Israel and how they have handled themselves surrounded by an ideology that doesn't want them there is just weird.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    If Israel wanted to eliminate Palestine as a country, they would have done it years ago. And they could have done it in a day or two with their military firepower.

But Israel has given Palestine plenty of time and concessions to get their shit straight for years. There is a reason why Egypt and Jordan want nothing to do with Palestine and there is a reason why Iran (a terrorist nation that chants "Death to America") does.

This idea that Israel wants to eliminate Palestine is once again a fake narrative by people who despise Israel. The only nation that wants a two-state solution is Israel. Not the other way around. This anti-Israel hate or this extreme criticism of Israel and how they have handled themselves surrounded by an ideology that doesn't want them there is just weird.
    I personally have no dog in this fight. I have no ill will towards Israel as a country, although I think some of the extreme practices and views of Netanyahu and that ilk to be reprehensible.

I'm more interested in attempting to call it like I see rather than picking a side. I've found that this tends to allow for more objectivity.

But yea...of course Israel could in theory eliminate Palestine. That was never the question...

Where we differ is you seem to think that this hasn't been done purely out of the goodness of their hearts. I believe that there are several reasons, particularly the financial relationships with world superpowers who back them, that are almost entirely behind that decision not to. If you actually learn about the history here and the vision of some of the leaders in Israel you might be willing to concede that no...MAYBE they don't want a two-state nation; they're just forced into it.

I think you're missing a piece of this puzzle. Again, it doesn't always have to be "this thing is bad and this thing is good". It's okay to recognize that the situation can be uncomfortable and harmful for both parties.

I personally have no dog in this fight. I have no ill will towards Israel as a country, although I think some of the extreme practices and views of Netanyahu and that ilk to be reprehensible.

I'm more interested in attempting to call it like I see rather than picking a side. I've found that this tends to allow for more objectivity.

But yea...of course Israel could in theory eliminate Palestine. That was never the question...

Where we differ is you seem to think that this hasn't been done purely out of the goodness of their hearts. I believe that there are several reasons, particularly the financial relationships with world superpowers who back them, that are almost entirely behind that decision not to. If you actually learn about the history here and the vision of some of the leaders in Israel you might be willing to concede that no...MAYBE they don't want a two-state nation; they're just forced into it.

I think you're missing a piece of this puzzle. Again, it doesn't always have to be "this thing is bad and this thing is good". It's okay to recognize that the situation can be uncomfortable and harmful for both parties.
    Well, you have to have a dog in this fight and it has to be for Israel as a nation, otherwise you're stating that Hamas is justified in its terror tactics towards Israel. One side is a country that inhabits Jews, Christians, Muslims and they co-exist peacefully, and the other is a worldwide recognized terrorist group who has called for the annihilation of the Jewish state and who teaches their children from a young age to hate Jews and Christians. One is a thriving Democracy who treats all of its citizens as equals with equal rights, and the other is not a Democracy where women do not have equal rights and throws gays off rooftops. So yeah, not having a dog in this fight sounds pretty crazy to me.

And I have stated multiple times that the loss of life here on both sides is tragic and unfortunate. I wish it didn't have to happen. But I cannot see Israel as the aggressors here when we look at who they are fighting against. They are fighting against an ideology that would have no problem killing us and subjugating our women. Yeahhhh I think I'll support Israel time and time again.

Blubadub Chewy pretending he didn’t once say gay people should be thrown off rooftops

The hippopottapattymus ladies and gents

Banned

I'm halfway confident that all the protestors and activists who are appalled over the loss of innocent life in Palestine would dance and cheer if the country of Israel and all it's inhabitants were nuked and cratered out of existence.

So it's kind of hard to take them seriously.