Lightbulb To me this is a perfect year to award a Lifetime Achievement DPOY

In order to sidestep the controversy around whether a rookie on a losing team warrants it or not, it should probably just go to a guy who was one of the all-time great defenders at his peak, and is still thriving in the league more than 20 seasons into his career.

I'm not gonna reveal whom specifically I'm thinking of, but I think it's fair to say that a player in such a circumstance as I've laid out deserves to be recognized for his longstanding contributions as a defensive player AND a defensive leader.

If Kobe can receive a lifetime achievement MVP in 08 and Steph can receive a lifetime achievement FMVP in 22, then I think it is reasonable to award a lifetime achievement DPOY this season. It's time.

And again, I'm not gonna tell you which player I believe deserves it, you'll have to look at the evidence and decide for yourself.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: To me this is a perfect year to award a Lifetime Achievement DPOY

LeBron should have had like 4 DPOY awards by now, the amount of times he's been snubbed needs to be studied

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    LeBron should have had like 4 DPOY awards by now, the amount of times he's been snubbed needs to be studied
    BIG Facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    LOL - they should study them AFTER Duncan.

Dunking on everybody in the park

And the scoring title this year should be reevaluated. There’s a guy who is setting a new record for scoring every time he plays and he’s not gonna get the scoring title. It’s a scandal.