Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Default Re: Has anyone fasted for over 24 hours?

When Poopsie says he had a health scare, it means he's fat.

National High School Star

I tend to do at least 1 16-18 hour fast every week...I've gone over 24 hours before

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    I'm on a recent health kick due to a recent health scare that I thought I had. It turns out it was nothing (all in my head/hypochondriac brain), but at the same token, it has left me a bit traumatized, so I've been researching all sorts of ways to boost your immune system and fix your cells naturally and came across the benefits of fasting. I have read that a 24 hour fast once or twice a week is all you need.

I even started drinking green tea and I guess I went overboard yesterday cause I was peeing every 10 minutes.

Toss a little salt in your water. It’ll help you do the next 24hrs assuming you’re picking up where you left off (first 24hrs). I’ve done 72 before. Just once to see. 36 seems to be a sweet spot for me.once every 2 weeks I’ll do a. 24hr fast. Black coffee can also help you prolong a fast if y oh feel yourself struggling. Don’t add anything in the coffee tho. I don’t drink coffee like that to begin with. But found doing longer fasts it’ll get you over the hump. Fasting will help you lose weight if that’s what you’re going for? Also I recommend eating soft foods coming off a fast. Don’t wanna shock ya digestive system after a long fast.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Toss a little salt in your water. It’ll help you do the next 24hrs assuming you’re picking up where you left off (first 24hrs). I’ve done 72 before. Just once to see. 36 seems to be a sweet spot for me.once every 2 weeks I’ll do a. 24hr fast. Black coffee can also help you prolong a fast if y oh feel yourself struggling. Don’t add anything in the coffee tho. I don’t drink coffee like that to begin with. But found doing longer fasts it’ll get you over the hump. Fasting will help you lose weight if that’s what you’re going for? Also I recommend eating soft foods coming off a fast. Don’t wanna shock ya digestive system after a long fast.
    A 36 hour fast is coming soon. I’m not doing it to lose weight, even though that’s a great benefit of fasting. I have been doing research on how fasting can kill off harmful radicals in your body and can generate new stem cells and that’s what I’m focusing on. Certain studies have shown that fasting can kill cancer cells too so that’s pretty f’n cool. I’m at that age where shit starts to hurt more in my body and the last thing I want to do is go to the doctor and have them tell me I have some sort of debilitating disease or condition.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs View Post
    But the real question is, is it worth the mental sacrifice? Those 5 days of not eating would be excruciating. I get how privileged we are to even be able to eat everyday cause people starve for days in other countries, but regardless, idk if I’ll even be able to make it past the 30 hour mark before feeling like absolute shit
    I found that once you reach 30 hours or so your body adapts and starts to consume fat reserves for energy and you no longer feel hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I found that once you reach 30 hours or so your body adapts and starts to consume fat reserves for energy and you no longer feel hungry.
    More like muscle mass. So anyone thinking they can just fast for a long period of time to chip down fat is sadly mistaken. Then you’ll find yourself needed to rebuild muscle which is more important than fat loss. If you wanna lose fat build muscle. It’ll help you in the long run.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

More like muscle mass. So anyone thinking they can just fast for a long period of time to chip down fat is sadly mistaken. Then you’ll find yourself needed to rebuild muscle which is more important than fat loss. If you wanna lose fat build muscle. It’ll help you in the long run.
    Ketogenic diet on top of fasting will solve that problem. So long as you're taking in minimal carbs and high protein and healthy fats your body will maintain its muscle mass and shed fat while in ketosis.

Im jealous of you guys. I cant fast. My immune system and metabolism shut off and my body starts breaking down. And this is only after like, 16 hours.

Ive tried to push past it thinking my body just needs time to adapt but it never does. It just gets worse. Ive tried countless times. Even if I try to just eat low cal for an extended time instead of fasting, I gain weight and get infections. My metabolism just wont work on low calories.

Ive learned through a lot of difficulty the only way my body will function is to concede to my big appetite, and if I wanna stay relatively in shape I have to just keep my activity level up consistently. Unfortunately I cannot diet my way down the scale.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

When Poopsie says he is not doing something to lose weight, he's lying.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Ketogenic diet on top of fasting will solve that problem. So long as you're taking in minimal carbs and high protein and healthy fats your body will maintain its muscle mass and shed fat while in ketosis.
    Scam diet. That weight you lost will be back once your diet changes.

The Truth Is Out There Media Moderator's Avatar

What diet to recommend? Running from dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Media Moderator View Post
    What diet to recommend? Running from dogs?
    Keto is good if you have issues with your gut or trying to cut. But generally speaking it’s a difficult diet to sustain. But hey if it works for you then so be it. More efficient to cut fat by building muscle. But we are all different so do what works for you.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

so you are saying once you stop dieting, the weight will come back?

that’s how it always works lol.

if you go off your diet and eat whatever…you will probably gain unwanted weight.

isn’t that how it is with any diet? lol

I don’t get this

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    so you are saying once you stop dieting, the weight will come back?

that’s how it always works lol.

if you go off your diet and eat whatever…you will probably gain unwanted weight.

isn’t that how it is with any diet? lol

I don’t get this
    I’m really confused at what you’re asking here. Trying to figure out if you’re being funny (most likely) or genuinely asking (doubtful). Go look up a keto diet and how long one can sustain such a diet. How sensitive and restrictive it can be.