Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Has anyone fasted for over 24 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    so you are saying once you stop dieting, the weight will come back?

that’s how it always works lol.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I do get what Gobb is saying though we are all addicted to carbs. Trying eating just steak and chicken and vegetables and youll realize how bad you missed carbs.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I do get what Gobb is saying though we are all addicted to carbs. Trying eating just steak and chicken and vegetables and youll realize how bad you missed carbs.
    There are also huge genetic factors at play. About 50% of the population has a gene that allows them to process carbs better. They call it the "farmer" gene and I personally have both copies of it. Some have 1 copy. And other have two copies of the "hunter gatherer" gene. Obviously one gene isn't the be all end all here, but they've found that gene to be the most relevant. There are tons of genes at play which dictate how well you do on a specific diet.

Just like there are tons of people who don't produce lactase as adults. They shouldn't be eating dairy, obviously

I've done a full keto diet before and my cortisol levels eventually raised and caused insomnia. I mostly agree with Gobb on it, it's not really sustainable for most people. A better option is a low-ish carb diet that favors vegetables, lentils, fruit, and nuts for carb sources instead of heaps of flour/gluten based foods. You are still able to feed and diversify your gut microbiota on limited carbs but on keto it has been shown to lower populations and diversity. We don't know the extent yet of how important the microbiota is, but I'm guessing it's massive considering there are several diseases and immune issues related to lack of bifobacteria in the gut as one example.
    Last edited by AlternativeAcc.; 04-16-2024 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    A 36 hour fast is coming soon. I’m not doing it to lose weight, even though that’s a great benefit of fasting. I have been doing research on how fasting can kill off harmful radicals in your body and can generate new stem cells and that’s what I’m focusing on. Certain studies have shown that fasting can kill cancer cells too so that’s pretty f’n cool. I’m at that age where shit starts to hurt more in my body and the last thing I want to do is go to the doctor and have them tell me I have some sort of debilitating disease or condition.
    I'm going to try and do 5 days starting this week, probably 36 hours the next week and then a permanent 3 day fast weekly for at least 3 months. I'll give you some tips:

Don't do 24 hours like others have suggested, you mind as well do 36 because you'll feel less hungry when waking up after that one day without eating. Also, your metabolism will increase up to 36 hours and then stagnate, so for weight loss and to get going with fasting this is a good start. It's not that hard either, just don't fking eat for a day and then wait until lunch.
    Eat two table spoons of salt per day, rock or Himalayan salt, large crystals. Just toss it in and flush down with water like they're small pills, it's the easiest.
    Don't sip water all day, but drink a good amount when you're thirsty.

For general health:
    Fast 3 days per week.
    Get into cold water, fairly close to freezing, 1.5 to 3 minutes per day.
    Sauna 3 times per week if you can set it up.
    Start doing sprints, work up to 3-5 sprints 3-5 days per week. Average sprint should be about 7 seconds, some longer and some shorter - probably never sprint for more than 20-30 seconds.
    Zone 2 training if you feel like it, jogging, incline walk or stationary biking, work up to 1hr sessions.
    Do some strength training, depending on how big you want to be.
    Eat lots of organic meats and a little bit of fermented foods. Kimchi, sauerkraut, cranberries, carrot with ginger, beets, aged cheese from non pasteurized milk, stuff like that. Don't eat non-fermented vegetables, you need to get rid of the carbohydrates and defense chemicals before putting it through your body.

I’ve never done super long fasts, just 18-24hrs typically.

My girl has done up to 72-hour water fasts.

It does increase HGH, and burn tons of fat in Ketosis.
    But comes with some manageable risks.
    She’s an eye surgeon, so she knows how to diagnose and manage any potential risks.

Not recommended for someone who isn’t very knowledgeable about the body and diet to just jump into a very long fast, without preparing with appropriate supplements and knowledge, to know what to be sensitive to, that can indicate any risks you want to avoid and/or quickly neutralize.

I recommend checking out Mind pump show on YouTube

fasting is for *******