Question Are you surprised the Celtics are still playing starters with nothing on the line?

Theyve clinched home court throughout the playoffs. Their seeding cannot be changed.

Im not saying it’s the wrong call I just think it’s an interesting one. I can understand the reasoning, since theres some new faces this year and every extra game helps increase continuity. And the C’s have had issues with consistency and toughness in the postseason. Finishing out the grind maybe helps build momentum (altho theyre getting their ass kicked right now).

Im not sure Id take the risk. It’s not likely but an injury could happen. You could lose someone for the playoffs in a completely meaningless game. If they really need their final 3-4 games to get focused and on track Im not sure I like their chances anyway.

I guess there is a conditioning aspect that a full two weeks off could impact. Altho Id think about maybe playing the starters every other game at this point and splitting the difference between risk and momentum. Keep em a bit more fresh and healed up without halting their routine entirely.

Default Re: Are you surprised the Celtics are still playing starters with nothing on the line

An injury can happen in practice too. Guys want to play. There's stuff they can pick up playing these games vs Bucks & Knicks. I'm sure they didn't care about winning the game itself, and they didn't go all out on defense/offense, but it's a great opportunity to try different stuff.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Default Re: Are you surprised the Celtics are still playing starters with nothing on the line

Can you imagine Celtics fans hearts if Porzingis got injured in the final game of the season ?