Question Race for the western conference 1 seed with two games to go….

Denver (56-24) has final two games against Memphis and San Antonio.

OKC (55-25) final two games are against Dallas and Milwaukee. OKC was 3-1 against Denver this season, so they own the tiebreaker against Denver.

Minnesnowta (55-25) final two games are against Atlanta and Phoenix. They’re 2-2 against Denver this season, and both play in the same division; so it goes to a 3rd tiebreaker scenario : record within their own division ….

Dallas gotta be praying that Denver winds up with the 2 seed, because Dallas can beat both OKC (with rebounding and better half court scoring), and Minny a variety of ways. Assuming they dispose of the clippers 1st round which I don’t think would be difficult as baby Luka already had 5 40+ point games against younger healthier versions of PG & Kawhi.

Western conference playoffs are gonna be lit AF.

Anyone know who has a better divisional record between Minnesnowta & Denver ?

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Race for the western conference 1 seed with two games to go….

In any case, Denver moving past OKC should clinch the MVP for Jokic, though I do think it should be Luka, but I doubt it. They'll want to give it back to Jokic for the Embiid fiasco last year.

Both Minnesnowta & OKC have 12-4 divisional records, versus Denver 10-6 divisional record. So that 3rd tiebreaker either way goes against Denver if they all finish with same record.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    In any case, Denver moving past OKC should clinch the MVP for Jokic, though I do think it should be Luka, but I doubt it. They'll want to give it back to Jokic for the Embiid fiasco last year.
    Luka had way way too many defensive possession where he quit to be MVP this year. He didn’t earn it on both sides of the ball this year. He’s the best offensive player in the league, but his perimeter defensive effort is still holding him back from being MVP & a champion yet. I don’t care that he was top ten in steals per game. His perimeter defensive footwork and effort are really bad, and eye test proved it over and over. Livley and Gafford cleaned up a lot of his perimeter laziness.

Denver was #1 this afternoon,
    now a few hours later,
    they slipped to #3

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Denver was #1 this afternoon,
    now a few hours later,
    they slipped to #3
    Same bracket. One more road game in the WCF if both OKC and Denver get there. No change if either team loses before the WCF (and the Wolves are not getting there). It was a potentially very costly loss for Denver. Played too laid-back basketball in some easy games so I guess they deserve it.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    Same bracket. One more road game in the WCF if both OKC and Denver get there. No change if either team loses before the WCF (and the Wolves are not getting there). It was a potentially very costly loss for Denver. Played too laid-back basketball in some easy games so I guess they deserve it.
    I think maybe they were counting on the Spurs not doing something stupid, like winning and thereby dropping two places in the draft.

Very good NBA starter

Luka had way way too many defensive possession where he quit to be MVP this year. He didn’t earn it on both sides of the ball this year. He’s the best offensive player in the league, but his perimeter defensive effort is still holding him back from being MVP & a champion yet. I don’t care that he was top ten in steals per game. His perimeter defensive footwork and effort are really bad, and eye test proved it over and over. Livley and Gafford cleaned up a lot of his perimeter laziness.
    True, he looked out of it and lazy for a good 20 games.

Overall, he still hasn't found a way to stay consistent for a full season yet.

Did the voters care about Nash's defensive effort on the perimeter?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Was before George Floyd.

OKC gets the #1 seed, SGA getting a little well-deserved boost for regular season MVP voting due to that.

and I think this increases both Dallas and the Clippers chances of making deep runs, since either team could murder OKC on the glass in the second round. Western conference playoffs are gonna be really truly great this year.
    Last edited by BarberSchool; 04-14-2024 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Nash’s defensive capability at full effort, was less than Luka’s if he cared and didn’t take possessions off.

But your point is valid nonetheless.
    Nash won it by being both:

1. an unbelievably great point generator, offensive genius floor general, and 50-40-90 guy dropping the best dimes of anyone in his era, for loads of highlight dunks in fast breaks, and highlight dunks in half court.

2. Being a much needed marketing tool for a league trying to clean up its image as they were losing fans in many demographics.

Jokic, Luka and other “talents of a certain appeal” are being utilized the same way as repairmen currently, after the ratings plummeted horrifically during the BLM / bubble season, and after Darryl Morey speaking the truth about the CCP lost the NBA tons of revenue from Chinese viewership.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Does this mean SGA is your MVP now since OKC has 1st place out west?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Does this mean SGA is your MVP now since OKC has 1st place out west?
    I think SGA got a boost from voters for his MVP chances. 1seed, with him leading such a young squad is a fair argument. Deganault probably gonna get coach of the year too.