Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: So what do the Lakers do with regards to the play-in / playoff picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal View Post
    I think you have reading comprehension skills.
    Thank you.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: So what do the Lakers do with regards to the play-in / playoff picture?

Lakers would definitely like 1000 fold rather play a young green OKC team over the Nuggets.

I could definitely see them doing OPs strategy. Not only would it allow then to duck Denver in the 1st but it would guarantee they duck them in the 2nd round as well. That's an obvious path they'd rather take.

The Warriors and Kings have no size to guard AD and Lebron when it really counts... and you know they'll get marched to the line with a crazy FTA disparity.

I think you have reading comprehension skills.
    Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    The Warriors and Kings have no size to guard AD and Lebron when it really counts... and you know they'll get marched to the line with a crazy FTA disparity.
    It's all fun in games until LeBron or AD unexpectedly get injured against the Warriors or Kings and it's game over. It's winner take all game, anything can happen, have you seen how good the Warriors have played recently? Plus LeBron is ancient, he needs all the rest he can get. No team in their right mind is losing a play-in game on purpose and the fact that some people think the Lakers will do that just shows how out of touch you guys are.

Lakers would definitely like 1000 fold rather play a young green OKC team over the Nuggets.

I could definitely see them doing OPs strategy. Not only would it allow then to duck Denver in the 1st but it would guarantee they duck them in the 2nd round as well. That's an obvious path they'd rather take.

They did sweep okc in their rs series, despite the latter having a very successful season. However, the winner of that potential matchup could also depend on which big between ad and chetty plays better. If sga can come up on big games, then that would obviously help his team too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    It's all fun in games until LeBron or AD unexpectedly get injured against the Warriors or Kings and it's game over. It's winner take all game, anything can happen, have you seen how good the Warriors have played recently? Plus LeBron is ancient, he needs all the rest he can get. No team in their right mind is losing a play-in game on purpose and the fact that some people think the Lakers will do that just shows how out of touch you guys are.
    Yea well if the Lakers get hurt at any point they're toast. So that's not really a valid point. But the fact remains OKC is a million times easier than Denver AND it would allow them to duck Denver in round 2 as well. It's a no brainer to aim for that.

The 8 seed is actually the best seed to have right now after the 6 seed.

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Careful, the autists among us may tell you to go away.

Careful, the autists among us may tell you to go away.
    You're in your feelings? LOL

Yea well if the Lakers get hurt at any point they're toast. So that's not really a valid point. But the fact remains OKC is a million times easier than Denver AND it would allow them to duck Denver in round 2 as well. It's a no brainer to aim for that.
    Exactly my point as well - LA only goes as far as AD takes them. I wasn't suggested they SHOULD try to lose game #1; merely it's possible they may not have AD based on the 6 min mark of the game I watched today. AD did miss a couple days due to getting smacked in the eye. I could see AD not playing and the game getting out of reach, and LA not being "too worried" about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    You're in your feelings? LOL
    In my feelings over an Internet rando? Nah.

Exactly my point as well - LA only goes as far as AD takes them. I wasn't suggested they SHOULD try to lose game #1; merely it's possible they may not have AD based on the 6 min mark of the game I watched today. AD did miss a couple days due to getting smacked in the eye. I could see AD not playing and the game getting out of reach, and LA not being "too worried" about it.
    You don't see very well in general.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

What kinda bitch shit is this, ain't nobody ducking Denver

Dunking on everybody in the park

They need to lose vs Pelicans and hope GSW wins vs Kings. Lebron loves cooking Curry, it’s a guaranteed win and also Denver is unbeatable for them. OKC are insanely good but they’re not unbeatable.

Anyway doesn’t matter because at some point they’ll face Denver anyway and then it’s over unless Denver has injuries.

Dunking on everybody in the park

You mean LA only goes as far as Mr. ghost with 11 pts playoff games go? LA has 0 chance of winning with that team and depending on Davis. Lebron is the only guy carrying them in every game, the Lakers might aswell just lose the play-in. They’re going nowhere with only 1 great player who is 40 and a bunch of scrubs.

My prediction: Anthony Davis does not play the first game, LAL loses "on purpose" to duck the Nuggets, then the Lakers face the GSW @ home (Davis returns) and get typical favorable call treatment to shore up the #8 playoff spot.
    Lakers win round one 4-2 and advance to the Western conference semi-finals vs. the Clippers.

That's what I think is going to happen.
    You're sure about this, op?