Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Mike Greenberg says Lakers should rest Lebron and AD tomorrow and tank vs Pelican

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Lebron and AD when healthy and playing have generally owned the warriors. They knocked them out of the last play in tournament they faced each other in and knocked them out of the playoffs last year with a RIDICULOUS FTA disparity. 160 to 80.

The refs can curb momentum by giving AD, Lebron, and Reaves a million FTs and the warriors have a serious problem with the Lakers size and AD flopping all over. Reaves alone shot more free throws than Curry and Klay which is crazy. Shit... shroeder shot more free throws than Curry and Klay too.

You fellas aren't thinking long term. The 7 seed is a death sentence gauntlet right now. While the 8 seed has a pretty path. In the long term if you're looking to win a ring as an underdog it's worth risking 1 game for a whole slate of easier playoff matchups. It's actually a ****ing no brainer. And yall know I specialize in that so I'm being for real with you big Zestys.
    I understand what you're saying but it's not a no brainer when both possible matchups have washed you out from 3 as proof of concept. If it was a team there were no doubts about beating it's genius. I'm not confident the Lakers for sure beat the Kings in a 7 game series let alone a one off game the way they've played against LA. The momentum of beating Denver in an upset could carry them to a chip.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Mike Greenberg says Lakers should rest Lebron and AD tomorrow and tank vs Pelican

Right now, there is a disadvantage to being a first seed: you get less time to prepare for your opponent than the 2nd 3rd and 4th seeds do. The NBA should correct this. How? Let the first seed and only the first seed pick who they will play in the first round. At the end of the season, before any play-in games, they submit to the league the order of the teams that they want to play in the first round (but that order is kept secret).

This would also make it extremely unlikely that any team would tank a play-in game to get to the other side of the bracket, because they wouldn’t know that that would be the result. Also, it would mean that the other seeds would only know for sure who they would play when the first seed does. Suppose, for example, that Brunson went down with an injury last Sunday while getting the second seed. I could easily see the Celtics deciding to play the Brunsonless Knicks in the first round and screwing up everyone else’s preparation. And why not? They are the first seed, they should get the easiest opponent.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    Let the first seed and only the first seed pick who they will play in the first round. At the end of the season, before any play-in games, they submit to the league the order of the teams that they want to play in the first round (but that order is kept secret).
    I’m in !
    Love this idea, applying it to this season’s western conference race for the 1 seed would have been

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    I’m in !
    Love this idea, applying it to this season’s western conference race for the 1 seed would have been
    OKC wanted the Lakers.