Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Mike Greenberg says Lakers should rest Lebron and AD tomorrow and tank vs Pelican

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Somebody give Mike a wedgie.
    I feel like this should happen every single day of greenie’s life.
    And twice every Shabbos...
    but the Shabbos wedgie should be done more harshly…
    With a section of ERUV cable.

All Greenie’s wedgie deserving nature aside…

….he’s absolutely correct.

The smarter play is to avoid Denver, because with LA’s size, they can bully OKC on the boards.
    Chet is obviously exploitable on the offensive glass, if you want proof of how badly ? Watch Dallas first matchup with them after the trade deadline. OKC got absolutely murdered on the offensive glass.
    Chet only weighs 205lbs
    Biyombo weighs 235-240, but is only 6’8”, and he’s a slightly knock-kneed toe runner, and therefore, moves with very little force and very little ability to bang inside like you might think.

Dort is a strong player and so is Hayward, but neither is an actual interior rebounder.
    OKC is great in transition, and Shai is really a great half court player, but they are the most exploitable young #1 seed I’ve seen in awhile.

Also, imagine tomorrow’s game if BOTH the pelicans AND lakers try to lose the game on purpose, since both have squads that can bully OKC on the glass badly. Pelicans have Valanciunas & Zion, who will absolutely make Chet cry like a child. Nance & Zeller will help bully OKC young players too.

I wanna see both Pels and Lakers try to lose this game in the most embarrassing fashion lol
    Last edited by BarberSchool; 04-15-2024 at 06:02 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Mike Greenberg says Lakers should rest Lebron and AD tomorrow and tank vs Pelican

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Uhh BS

The team that wins the finals is not always the team that is the best. It's all about match ups... Denver does not match up well against the lakers and history has shown that.

That said, I Agree... you never throw a game if it means risking the playoffs.
    Match ups matter but the overwhelming majority of the time the better team wins a playoff series. Denver beats the Lakers consistently because they're a much better team, and that generally should be the difference between the champions and a team that is in the bottom portion of the playoff seeds. Doesn't change the fact that a team that is serious about winning a championship should not be afraid of anyone.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    I feel like this should happen every single day of greenie’s life.
    And twice every Shabbos...
    but the Shabbos wedgie should be done more harshly…
    With a section of ERUV cable.

All Greenie’s wedgie deserving nature aside…

….he’s absolutely correct.

The smarter play is to avoid Denver, because with LA’s size, they can bully OKC on the boards.
    Chet is obviously exploitable on the offensive glass, if you want proof of how badly ? Watch Dallas first matchup with them after the trade deadline. OKC got absolutely murdered on the offensive glass.
    Chet only weighs 205lbs
    Biyombo weighs 235-240, but is only 6’8”, and he’s a slightly knock-kneed toe runner, and therefore, moves with very little force and very little ability to bang inside like you might think.

Dort is a strong player and so is Hayward, but neither is an actual interior rebounder.
    OKC is great in transition, and Shai is really a great half court player, but they are the most exploitable young #1 seed I’ve seen in awhile.

Also, imagine tomorrow’s game if BOTH the pelicans AND lakers try to lose the game on purpose, since both have squads that can bully OKC on the glass badly. Pelicans have Valanciunas & Zion, who will absolutely make Chet cry like a child. Nance & Zeller will help bully OKC young players too.

I wanna see both Pels and Lakers try to lose this game in the most embarrassing fashion lol
    OKC is punching way over their weight with the 1 seed. Half court physical playoff basketball is going to wreck them combined with the fact they have 0 experience and are completely outweighed physically. They're gonna get wrecked and everybody knows it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Also that analysis is making me want to heavy bet on the under.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    They should have tanked on Sunday lol.
    wut?

Thatd be very retarded

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    OKC is punching way over their weight with the 1 seed. Half court physical playoff basketball is going to wreck them combined with the fact they have 0 experience and are completely outweighed physically. They're gonna get wrecked and everybody knows it.
    Possibly

I like them on the one hand because theyre deep and they play poised, those two things are important in the playoffs.

They do lack strength and historically that makes playoff ball tough, these days tho if you can just out shoot your opponent you have a pretty good chance of beating them.

Im torn on what to expect from them. I have a hard time seeing anyone just running em out of the gym. Theyre not gonna throw in the towel and theyre gonna battle. I think they can extend a series to 6 or 7 games against anyone, and then at that point anything can happen especially with HCA for OKC.

Judging from most predictions Im seeing I seem to be giving them a better chance than most. Altho Im not saying I think their odds of winning the conference are GOOD. Just better than what most people seem to be giving them.

ESPN is cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    333%
    It’s gonna be brutal, especially when Daigenault wins coach of the year, and Shai wins MVP, and then they get their sh!t pushed in. PSA…. I have no ill will towards any OKC player in history besides Westbrick. Love me some Shai, Dort, and And y’all group of young players. Coach is good, deserving. Jussayin, y’all finna get bullied bad and if you make it out the first round, Dallas gonna take your lunch money while smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    ESPN is cancer.
    Agreed. Only people I don’t hate on there anymore are Legler, Reddick, Owumike (she’s not super fine but great fun personality), Bilas, Hubie Brown, Jon Barry, and Michael Wilbon … as far as basketball personalities go.

Steven A, Windhorst, Doris Burke, Perk, Windhorst, Jefferson f@ggot a$$, and Mike Breen can’t dry up and blow away fast enough.

Avoiding Denver? So you avoid Denver and then what? lol At some point you will have to cross paths if your goal is to get deep into playoffs if not nba finals. Or wait you’re hoping to avoid Denver and someone else defeats them. Then somehow you’ll have a better chance at beating the team that beat them?

Whoever agreed with ESPN you can tell you walked the long way home to avoid “bullies”.

“I have better odds of not getting my ass kicked”.

Shame

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Avoiding Denver? So you avoid Denver and then what? lol At some point you will have to cross paths if your goal is to get deep into playoffs if not nba finals. Or wait you’re hoping to avoid Denver and someone else defeats them. Then somehow you’ll have a better chance at beating the team that beat them?

Whoever agreed with ESPN you can tell you walked the long way home to avoid “bullies”.

“I have better odds of not getting my ass kicked”.

Shame
    with each additional hard fought series, there’s a chance Denver accumulates some bumps and bruises and God forbid, and injury.

NBA Playoffs are HARD.
    Physically and MENTALLY.
    Survival of the fittest.

Each additional round you can avoid your superior, you do so. Attrition.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    with each additional hard fought series, there’s a chance Denver accumulates some bumps and bruises and God forbid, and injury.

NBA Playoffs are HARD.
    Physically and MENTALLY.
    Survival of the fittest.

Each additional round you can avoid your superior, you do so. Attrition.
    That’s a weak mentality. You might as well wish injury on Denver. You probably do. Imagine having Lebron James, Anthony Davis, “ar-16”. And sitting here writing down Xmas list of hopefuls so you don’t have to see Denver or meet a healthy Denver team. Kobe is literally rolling over in his grave at some of these comments. Definitely not mamba mentality.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    That’s a weak mentality. You might as well wish injury on Denver. You probably do. Imagine having Lebron James, Anthony Davis, “ar-16”. And sitting here writing down Xmas list of hopefuls so you don’t have to see Denver or meet a healthy Denver team. Kobe is literally rolling over in his grave at some of these comments. Definitely not mamba mentality.
    lol nah.
    I hate the LeFraud & Day-To-Davis lakers.
    If they Face Denver, I’d love to see Murray/Jokic/Gordon sweep em.
    Just saying, that’s the concept of this thread.
    Whoever faces Denver in that first round is 99% goin fishin.

Quote Originally Posted by CurryOverLebron View Post

Feels kinda accurate