Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default If it weren’t All-Star weekend and Boozer reacted aggressively…double tech?

is that a foolish enough act that Jason Richardson would get a tech as well?

It’s disrespectful, but I’m not sure it’s any kind of violation though maybe you could reach and call it a discontinued dribble just to nip it in the bud.

In a competitive situation, I think a ref would punish both.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: If it weren’t All-Star weekend and Boozer reacted aggressively…double tech?

Oh hell naw...

Ì would slap that dude straight across his mouth. It s even easier to do that as a pro than in the streets because you could get stomped out or shot for it. Where as pros aren't going to inflict any damage.

Default Re: If it weren’t All-Star weekend and Boozer reacted aggressively…double tech?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post

is that a foolish enough act that Jason Richardson would get a tech as well?

It’s disrespectful, but I’m not sure it’s any kind of violation though maybe you could reach and call it a discontinued dribble just to nip it in the bud.

In a competitive situation, I think a ref would punish both.

I'm not sure there's any grounds for a tech. It's not that dissimilar to throwing it off a guy when youre falling out of bounds. J Rich could say he does it to get into his shooting rhythm and insist it's a competitive play that the defender is responsible for not allowing. Even if it's not true I dont see how the refs could tell him otherwise.

I think the NBA would have to institute a specific rule saying "no intentionally throwing a ball at an opponent's head during play to gain an advantage."

It is a hilarious move, obviously a playground classic and JRich executed it perfectly, a little bit risky tho if you misfire or the guy raises his head a bit and you hit him square in the nose. Then youre probably gonna face some real backlash.

Refs have some Discretion. Not everything is written down. The NFL actually has a section in the rulebook called a palpably unfair act that just covers hard to predict bullshit. They can just stop play and say no you can’t do that even if the rules don’t specify it.

NBA ref did something similar when Bill Walton lost his shoe and then threw it at the ball trying to block the shot because the guy was going to shoot while he was distracted.

Pretty much a “**** outta here…” tech. Doesn’t have to be against the rules.

It’s what prevents Air Bud from making the league. The movie says there’s no rule against a dog playing basketball. And there isn’t. But you try to bring one out there on purpose I’m still not letting you do it.

I think a ref would have the backing of the league to call that a technical. Maybe even a flagrant one.

Alright then how bout this: If he pulls the move and misses the shot… technical. If he makes the shot, whistle gets swallowed.

Ball dont lie.

The ref gave him a “Violating the spirit of the game” tech

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Alright then how bout this: If he pulls the move and misses the shot… technical. If he makes the shot, whistle gets swallowed.

Ball dont lie.
    you do it to DeMarcus Cousins you might be laid out before the ball goes in the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    The ref gave him a “Violating the spirit of the game” tech