Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: As a black guy, this is concerning....

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Well I disagree with that. I think black people on average have a signifcant advantage in sports like basektball and football which require fast-twitch muscle fibers primarily.

70% of black people have the ACTN3 R/R genotype which has been found to correlate strongly with speed/power.

about 30% for europeans and 25% for asians.

The thing about sports is theres always a variety of ways to accomplish something, or offset one shortcoming with a strength somewhere else.

If Messi is the GOAT footballer then shouldnt every top player be his exact height, weight, fast twitch muscle etc? Or if it's because of his mind, then every elite player would have his exact IQ. Which obviously is not uniform, and Im not sure Messi is any kind of a scholar anyway.

It’s always a mix of things. Theres no one exact template. Thats what makes sports dynamic, and interesting.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    What about curling?

The GOAT!

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    The thing about sports is theres always a variety of ways to accomplish something, or offset one shortcoming with a strength somewhere else.

If Messi is the GOAT footballer then shouldnt every top player be his exact height, weight, fast twitch muscle etc? Or if it's because of his mind, then every elite player would have his exact IQ. Which obviously is not uniform, and Im not sure Messi is any kind of a scholar anyway.

It’s always a mix of things. Theres no one exact template. Thats what makes sports dynamic, and interesting.
    I mean yeah, of course, generally speaking there is a mix of things that factor in. I'm not disputing that... but there are certain sports that favor fast-twitch dominant athletes, and that is mostly a genetic trait. You mentioned sprinting but American football and basketball also fit the mold favoring this type of genetic trait and also height in basketball which is also largely genetic.

I think if more black people played sports like Tennis or Golf they would probably dominante as well, due to these genetic factors. Albeit, golf is massively skill based so I'm not sure if they would dominate as much as they do basketball, but I think there would be some freakish outliers for sure. Tiger dominated with skills and elite power.

The point of this thread was to point out that mental traits, which are also largely genetic, seem to originate strongly in European/Caucasion athletes. Hand-eye coordination seems to be something that isn't overly represented by one race, but I think white people in general may be slightly better than others. Sport IQ would go to whites in my opinion, which is a huge factor in greatness at the highest level of sport.

Youre entitled to draw whatever conclusions you want about the science, but pretending to be a black guy worried about all the supposed white GOATs... it's just a buzzkill of a thread on the day the playoffs are starting. This is an offseason type of thread at best.

Mods should just delete.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Mods should just delete.
    No need. Ignore the loser like everyone else has. OP is 3ball substituting Jordan with inflammatory racism.

Youre entitled to draw whatever conclusions you want about the science, but pretending to be a black guy worried about all the supposed white GOATs... it's just a buzzkill of a thread on the day the playoffs are starting. This is an offseason type of thread at best.

Mods should just delete.
    I forgot, this is a sacred forum... lol. And you are known for posting nothing but serious, thought provoking threads. Thanks for checking me.

But i'm pretty sure I can identify as whatever race I want. Are you Implying I can't?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

GOAT of MMA - Jon Jones
    GOAT of Boxing - Sugar Ray
    GOAT of athletics - Usain Bolt
    GOAT of Golf - Tiger Woods

Blacks are still on top in the vast majority of sports, y'all can have hockey and swimming ain't no nikka out here competing in those lane ass sports

Btw hats off to you for admitting that Brady is the GOAT of football

Nobody anytime soon will overtake Michael Jordan.
    No chance.
    He is goat for the foreseeable future.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

It's a horrible sign that this forum tolerates this type of controversy. Also if you think the original troll is actually black I can't help you.

Messi being the "GOAT" shows how overrated rings and World Cups are.

People grossly overrate those team achievements in team sports for individuals

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Nobody anytime soon will overtake Michael Jordan.
    No chance.
    He is goat for the foreseeable future.

Lebron already did.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    GOAT of MMA - Jon Jones
    GOAT of Boxing - Sugar Ray
    GOAT of athletics - Usain Bolt
    GOAT of Golf - Tiger Woods

Blacks are still on top in the vast majority of sports, y'all can have hockey and swimming ain't no nikka out here competing in those lane ass sports

Btw hats off to you for admitting that Brady is the GOAT of football
    Jones has a steroid scandal unfortunately. Khabib had he fought a few more years would've been my GOAT.

Sugar Ray has a good case.

Bolt is the GOAT at running fast in a straight line. Not really a sport imo, but I did include the Olympic Games as a category and Phelps is the GOAT of the Olympics.

Woods is half black, half Asian. Most black people in America are mixed European, generally around 30%. His dad has a lighter tone so he definitely had a moderate European mix. Unfortunately I can't say Woods is black. He would be classified as Asian due to his mother's 100% Asian ancestry.

Brady is the GOAT as it stands. Mahomes has only played 1/4th of the time of Brady. He's a much better player than Brady ever was, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Messi being the "GOAT" shows how overrated rings and World Cups are.

People grossly overrate those team achievements in team sports for individuals
    I watched a video a couple months ago that went in depth about the messi/Ronaldo debate. Basically Messi created far more points and had an insane peak so I walked away being fine with Messi as GOAT.

It went into depth on some advanced stats which was also convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    It's a horrible sign that this forum tolerates this type of controversy. Also if you think the original troll is actually black I can't help you.
    Posting this like you aren’t a mod is so funny.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Posting this like you aren’t a mod is so funny.