Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: H.S student suspended 3 days for using term 'illegal alien'

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    He asked if they were "space aliens" and that led to altercation with another student and then he was suspended. Which means that YOU don't care what this implies otherwise you would have known that.
    Where did you get this from?

He asked if they were "space aliens" and that led to altercation with another student and then he was suspended. Which means that YOU don't care what this implies otherwise you would have known that.
    Where in the article I posted does it say that there was an altercation between 2 students?

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Where in the article I posted does it say that there was an altercation between 2 students?
    I didn't get it from that article because that article is crap. I took the time to look into it. You should also if this story means something to you.

https://jocoreport.com/student-suspe...english-class/

Christian responded to his teacher, asking, “Like space aliens or illegal aliens without green cards?”

According to an email describing the incident, sent to local officials and shared with Carolina Journal, a young man in class took offense to Christian’s question and reportedly threatened to fight him, prompting the teacher to call in the assistant principal. Ultimately, Christian’s words were deemed by administrative staff to be offensive and disrespectful to classmates who are Hispanic.

So no, this wasn't some super woke teacher out to remove everyone's liberty. A fight was about to break out and the teacher called the Principle in due to that. They removed the kid from class.

So no, this wasn't some super woke teacher out to remove everyone's liberty. A fight was about to break out and the teacher called the Principle in due to that. They removed the kid from class.
    You article states he was suspended due to his questions towards the teacher .... just like my article did. No mention of an altercation taking place.

Keep making yourself look dumber, chico.

Exactly, from how the article you posted it sounds like nothing would have happened if that one kid didn't try to start a fight. Must have been a super woke administrator then to deem his words as racist and harmful.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    Exactly, from how the article you posted it sounds like nothing would have happened if that one kid didn't try to start a fight. Must have been a super woke administrator then to deem his words as racist and harmful.
    That's where the teacher should have spoke up for the student and tell the assistant principal that the student was only asking for confirmation and not asking his questions in a racial manner.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

https://jocoreport.com/student-suspe...english-class/

Christian responded to his teacher, asking, “Like space aliens or illegal aliens without green cards?”

According to an email describing the incident, sent to local officials and shared with Carolina Journal, a young man in class took offense to Christian’s question and reportedly threatened to fight him, prompting the teacher to call in the assistant principal. Ultimately, Christian’s words were deemed by administrative staff to be offensive and disrespectful to classmates who are Hispanic.
    Yeah... that infringes on liberty.

People can ask questions... if you're offended enough to fight somebody over their questions or ignorance that means YOU'RE the problem (the kid that got offended).

Not the world I want to live in. I have a right to be ignorant and ask questions... heck, I have a right to tease or even be purposefully controversial if I want to. Words don't actually hurt people. I'll just look like a moron and maybe be shamed if I say something out of line.

Cancel culture run amok. School board canceled that kid to try and shut him up with brute force when his question was almost certainly no where near the level of punishment they delivered. I got suspended for 3 days for fist fighting back in the day... this? Total nonsense. They could have just called his parents and said he made a remark that another student didn't like, just letting you know maybe talk to him about the issue so he understands others might view it differently etc...

I'd take my kids out of that school if I was the parent. Sensitive people dictating the direction of our culture, rules, laws, etc is a travesty.

It's not cancel culture, it's a principle preventing a fight and saving a kid from getting his ass beat.

Either way, woke or not, I was the only one here that finally decided to read up. The rest of you just want to be tribal.

It's not cancel culture, it's a principle preventing a fight and saving a kid from getting his ass beat.

Either way, woke or not, I was the only one here that finally decided to read up. The rest of you just want to be tribal.
    What? First off - the OTHER kid threatened to fight him right? Shouldn't HE be the one that got suspended by your logic? (I think neither should.. since nothing happened beyond words...) But again by your logic surely the one threatening violence is the one in the wrong is he not? Or do you seriously want to live in a world where violent sensitive people dictate everyone's actions?

The Truth Is Out There Media Moderator's Avatar

Good news is sometimes these woke teachers have to pay a price. A teacher in Seattle recently kicked a student out of class and suspended him for a day for saying he identified as straight. I didn't realize teachers had the authority to suspend students, but apparently they are allowed to suspend them up to a full day. But the next week, the school suspended the same teacher for telling students the Oct 07 Hamas attack on citizens was freedom fighter retaliation.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous View Post
    What? First off - the OTHER kid threatened to fight him right? Shouldn't HE be the one that got suspended by your logic? (I think neither should.. since nothing happened beyond words...) But again by your logic the one threatening violence is the one in the wrong is he not? Do you seriously want to live in a world where violent sensitive people dictate everyone's actions?
    Neither of us were there so it's impossible to say which kid was most at fault, but my point was that isn't "cancel culture" Kids been fighting in school since school was invented.

Actually you were the only one who said an altercation took place and that was the reasoning for the suspension.

Neither of us were there so it's impossible to say which kid was most at fault, but my point was that isn't "cancel culture" Kids been fighting in school since school was invented.
    Just answer this question: Do you want to live in a world where violent sensitive people control yours and other peoples actions. Yes or no?