Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: I legit had one of my friends tell me that the current nuggets would beat the KD

I would never be friends with a pathological liar.

Default Re: I legit had one of my friends tell me that the current nuggets would beat the KD

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Nuggets defense would be comical against those Warriors shooting and athletic abilities. It would be a field day.

The Dubs actually had an elite defense on top of GOAT offense.
    It would be comical how no one on the Warriors could guard Jokic and he just destroys them with passing if they start to double.

As great as the 2017 Warriors are (minimum top 3 team all-time), you could make a case they never faced a real challenge. Kawhi got hurt so the Spurs were derailed. Then they played the Cavs in the Finals who were a GOAT-level offensive machine but super weak on D. So they may not be invincible. But Denver is not a historically great team so I don't see them having a great chance.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    The points you made about the Bulls are not moving the needle, they are still totally outmatched. MJ could score 50ppg and those Bulls still lose. MJ could give KD some trouble, but NO one on the Bulls can stop Curry. Pippen routinely got roasted by much worse players than KD/Curry. Basketball isn't 2 on 2, the Warriors depth/role players were elite two way guys. Outside of MJ, there is simply not enough firepower at all on those Bulls teams. The Bulls can't win taking 10 threes per game.

Also the 2017 Warriors were either the best or second best defense in the league...

Also idk why you bring up the 2018 Warriors when my whole post was about the 2017 Warriors. 2018 Warriors were not as good due to chemistry issues building.
    Harper, Jordan and Pippen could keep up with Steph. Pippen, Rodman, Harper & MJ could defend Durant in ISO. Only issue is their lack of 3s but they'd take more under today's rules and with how much attention MJ demands in the paint he'd be able to find Kukoc & Kerr for open corner 3s. Not sure if MJ and Pippen could make their own share of 3s but with modern NBA rules they'd have better looks instead of the bailout ones they were shooting with their low volume in the late 90s.

All I know is no one on GS side would be able to check MJ 1 on 1. Issue is Rodman is not a real threat offensively but he'd get some easy looks in the paint as guys help off him.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Those Warriors teams sucked against adversity. They were the most talented team of all time but also the most mentally weak championship team ever. Kawhi was taking it to them and had the Spurs up 25. Zaza injured him and Warriors go on 18-0 run and Curry and KD got to finish the game with a decent box score, like they weren’t choking the game away up til that point. Lebron had the 50 point game in the finals and had the Warriors playing scared. Durant was completely rattled and allowed Lebron to bait him into a charge. It took a bogus call on a perfect charge drawn by Lebron into Hill missing a layup, then choking at the line. Hill needs to thank JR for what happened after next because Smith took all the attention off of George Hill with probably the most brain dead play in sports history.

The Nuggets are much better than that Cavs team and 17 Spurs and Jokic is one of the best players ever. Can they match GS’s talent? Nope. But GS gets rattled whenever they aren’t able to completely overwhelm you with talent, especially come conference finals and finals times. If it’s a regular season game or exhibition they destroy Denver though.

I feel like the bulls would do better then the nuggets but they both are still losing

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    Those Warriors teams sucked against adversity. They were the most talented team of all time but also the most mentally weak championship team ever. Kawhi was taking it to them and had the Spurs up 25. Zaza injured him and Warriors go on 18-0 run and Curry and KD got to finish the game with a decent box score, like they weren’t choking the game away up til that point. Lebron had the 50 point game in the finals and had the Warriors playing scared. Durant was completely rattled and allowed Lebron to bait him into a charge. It took a bogus call on a perfect charge drawn by Lebron into Hill missing a layup, then choking at the line. Hill needs to thank JR for what happened after next because Smith took all the attention off of George Hill with probably the most brain dead play in sports history.

The Nuggets are much better than that Cavs team and 17 Spurs and Jokic is one of the best players ever. Can they match GS’s talent? Nope. But GS gets rattled whenever they aren’t able to completely overwhelm you with talent, especially come conference finals and finals times. If it’s a regular season game or exhibition they destroy Denver though.
    They're a great dynasty. However, all of their four rings with curry also had them facing opposing teams (otw and in the finals) that were hampered by respective injuries to different players. Namely;

2015 - no kevin love at all in the series matchup and kyrie irving going down in game 1 of the finals.

2017 - again, during the first game of the wcf zaza injured kawhi and the warriors had no more competition since.

2018 - cp3 going down in game 5 of the wcf, with the rockets blowing a 3-2 lead without him. LeKong with an undisclosed hand injury due to punching a wall in game 1 of the finals out of frustration at smith's stupidity by the end of 4th quarter.

2022 - ja morant (i hate him so much but he can't be overlooked) with a knee injury in game 3 of the west semifinals while jayson tatum had an undisclosed wrist injury in the finals that severely affected his shooting throughout the series.

Now those titles aren't necessarily asterisks but just something worthy to have in mind if they're being brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Harper, Jordan and Pippen could keep up with Steph. Pippen, Rodman, Harper & MJ could defend Durant in ISO. Only issue is their lack of 3s but they'd take more under today's rules and with how much attention MJ demands in the paint he'd be able to find Kukoc & Kerr for open corner 3s. Not sure if MJ and Pippen could make their own share of 3s but with modern NBA rules they'd have better looks instead of the bailout ones they were shooting with their low volume in the late 90s.

All I know is no one on GS side would be able to check MJ 1 on 1. Issue is Rodman is not a real threat offensively but he'd get some easy looks in the paint as guys help off him.

Those Warriors with KD would have lost to the Spurs first round if it wasn't for a dirty injury play.

Then they would have lost the following year to the Rockets if they didn't choke. Seems fairly reasonable to suggest another team could have beat them?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking View Post
    Those Warriors with KD would have lost to the Spurs first round if it wasn't for a dirty injury play.

Then they would have lost the following year to the Rockets if they didn't choke. Seems fairly reasonable to suggest another team could have beat them?
    Bulls Jordan would beat them without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by r0drig0lac View Post
    They have a very solid defense but jordan without enough help on the offensive end can end up being a mismatch.

Probably not.

Teams are just better run now. Even less talented teams now can keep up due to the efficiency at which the 3 ball is shot.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

No chance. They don’t have the firepower to keep up. And I don’t know why no one acknowledges the fact that if you want to claim ‘today’s defenders aren’t allowed to touch you anymore’ you also have to acknowledge the Bulls’ defense will be significantly worse. Can’t have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    The Rockets almost did it. Would you not take the 2024 Nuggets over the 2018 Rockets? Jokic is as unstoppable of a player as we've ever seen, and they run one of the best offenses in NBA history. Murray can give you 2-3 great games in a series where Jokic doesn't even have to go off.
    2017 Warriors are better than the 2018 Warriors.

96 Bulls aren't beating the 2017 Warriors

That Warriors team would destroy them with shooting