Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: I legit had one of my friends tell me that the current nuggets would beat the KD

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    The Rockets almost did it. Would you not take the 2024 Nuggets over the 2018 Rockets? Jokic is as unstoppable of a player as we've ever seen, and they run one of the best offenses in NBA history. Murray can give you 2-3 great games in a series where Jokic doesn't even have to go off.
    Yes, simply because...

Joker > AD

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: I legit had one of my friends tell me that the current nuggets would beat the KD

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    It would be comical how no one on the Warriors could guard Jokic and he just destroys them with passing if they start to double.
    Jokic is going to do his thing regardless. Murray ain't hanging 33/6/5 on sniper %'s against iggy and klay.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    What I hate hearing the most in the claim that the late 90's Bulls would beat, or even destroy, the KD Warriors.

KD/Curry 2017 Warriors are the best team of all time. Too many people forget their insane depth and elite defense.

The late 90's Bulls would be ran off the court and shell shocked. Some people say the Bulls with the 90's rules would be better, but that is still a joke because then you are giving the 2017 Warriors a SHORTENED 3 point line
    90’s Bulls would PHYSICALLY dominate the Warriors so much, it wouldn’t matter how much better they shot the 3.

But as for OP’s topic … it’s your duty to convince him otherwise, and not giving up the argument until he concedes to at least a partial level.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    90’s Bulls would PHYSICALLY dominate the Warriors so much, it wouldn’t matter how much better they shot the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    2017 Warriors are better than the 2018 Warriors.
    The 2018 team had more depth but more injuries as well. They only won 9 less games with Steph missing 31 and the other 3 stars all missing like 9-14 as well. They had an easier road in 2017 with that Kawhi injury.

I would have liked to see this Nugget team against a team with big men to defend Jokic - like 2005 Spurs with a close to prime Duncan (although somewhat hobbled with ankle injury near playoffs), Rasho Nesterovic, Nazr Mohammed - iow, real big men as opposed to what passes today (sans Embiid, of course) as big men. All star Manu, before prime Parker, defensive Bruce Bowen, 3 point shooters Horry and Brent Barry.

KD GSW was more perimeter oriented - but hard to pass up a team with 2 close to peak MVPs - GOAT team.

Anyway, for this round, go Denver!

Good college starter

No way to really know with the current Denver team, but the following game did happen between late 2019 Warriors and Denver when they first started challenging for number 1, a challenge which was probably delayed a couple years because of their own injuries: