Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: (2) Nuggets vs. (7) Lakers First Round Playoff Series Thread

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    2020 they had good roleplayers like old man rondo and kcp and caruso.

thats the difference between that lakers team which was a top seed in the west all season long, and the lakers teams of the last two years which struggled every close game and struggled to make playoffs.
    I agree.

KCP was with us for a year and I was impressed. He was easily our most consistent player and always played hard even though we sucked.

When Denver traded for him I was like wow he is a perfect fit there.

He would make a big difference on this Lakers team but they just had to have another star.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    I don’t think Lakers roleplayers suck, coaching just has a big impact on them. Put Braun on the Lakers and Laker fans will start screaming to send him down to G league or something. Rui doesn’t suck, he’s used wrong. You can’t put him out there when the other bigs are Joker and AG and expect anything. Why can’t Jaxon Hayes get some minutes? It can’t be worse than Rui’s 2 rebounds in 28 min or Prince’s 1 board in 20 min. You aren’t winning in the playoffs getting outrebounded 51-38.
    Hayes was horrendous, out-of-control, and clueless. Lakers would not be better with Hayes even though Rui was terrible. We had no answer for Jokic. In 2020, we had Dwight/McGee duo to throw at Jokic and AD when those 2 were resting.

Lakers will need to go and acquire a starting caliber C or PF who can complement AD. Hopefully using a trade around Rui/frp and perhaps Vincent's expiring contract thrown in. I want LeBron to stick to his natural SF position.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

^^Agree Jaxon Hayes needs more minutes.
    He’s not polished at all, but he is every bit as fast/athletic as Lively, and slightly stronger.

Tommorrow finna be LIT !!!!

Back to back sweep is historic sh!t.

LeBron and the Lakers have ZERO business being in the playoffs; if this was a 5 game first round, this series would be over. The play-in tournament that LeBron ridiculed is now prolonging the inevitable of his decrepit ass.

Denver needs to close this series tomorrow and stick a fork in this fucking franchise, I'm so tired of constantly hearing about the Lakers as if they're entitled to success. FUCK OFF.

Meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    I agree.
    thats just the way it goes

every championship team has a role player or two that steps up once in a while

2020 that was rondo and kcp

was hoping dlo or austin could be that guy this year. AD and lebron were the only decent players this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth View Post
    LeBron and the Lakers have ZERO business being in the playoffs; if this was a 5 game first round, this series would be over. The play-in tournament that LeBron ridiculed is now prolonging the inevitable of his decrepit ass.

Denver needs to close this series tomorrow and stick a fork in this fucking franchise, I'm so tired of constantly hearing about the Lakers as if they're entitled to success. FUCK OFF.
    Without play-in, lakers would be 8 and facing the vulnerable okc in first round, not denver.

To quote the late great NFL HC Dennis Green, "the Lakers are who we thought they were!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    To quote the late great NFL HC Dennis Green, "the Lakers are who we thought they were!"
    they were a play-in seed genius

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Hayes was horrendous, out-of-control, and clueless. Lakers would not be better with Hayes even though Rui was terrible. We had no answer for Jokic. In 2020, we had Dwight/McGee duo to throw at Jokic and AD when those 2 were resting.

Lakers will need to go and acquire a starting caliber C or PF who can complement AD. Hopefully using a trade around Rui/frp and perhaps Vincent's expiring contract thrown in. I want LeBron to stick to his natural SF position.
    What other options do the lakers have? Rui had 2 boards in 28 minutes guarding Jokic and AG(meaning he was near the basket) and was completely lost on defense. Prince had 1 board in 20 min as Rui’s backup and looked a little bit better defensively because he got to get some reps when Jokic or AG sat. I’m not saying Jaxon Hayes is the answer to all your problems, but he HAS to be better than that, I mean at some point the only way you can go is up. If Hayes offers 4 pts/ 4 boards in 15 min with avg- above avg defense he has been infinitely more impactful than those two. Every game you guys kept up with Denver in fg and 3fg, but it’s been the difference on the boards and bad defense down stretches that has been killing you guys. And D’lo is a roleplayer. You don’t just give him the ball in tight playoff games and say “here ya go, make a play”. No, you give him a few good looks where he catches the ball into his shot, and if they don’t go in bench his ass because he isn’t worth the defensive liability. Maybe bring him off the bench? Playing him and Reaves together for extended minutes is asking AD to make up for way too much defensively. Rui, Reaves and D’Lo? Sheesh. Makes Gobert’s Utah squads look like 96 Bulls defense. If Nuggets have been shooting normally and Murray hasn’t been ass these would be blowouts. Like, these are good roleplayers, but Ham needs to rotate them better.

Dunking on everybody in the park

LeBron and AD both listed as questionable for game 4. Guess those two aren’t going to get swept.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    LeBron and AD both listed as questionable for game 4. Guess those two aren’t going to get swept.
    Running away is a worse look than losing on the court.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    Running away is a worse look than losing on the court.
    Even I have a hard time believing that he will actually duck this game. Instead, it’s simply providing fodder for the inevitable excuses.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    Even I have a hard time believing that he will actually duck this game. Instead, it’s simply providing fodder for the inevitable excuses.
    I was never a LeBron fan (after his first 2-3 seasons) but I'd like to see the Lakers winning a game here. They are better than this 11-0 run from the Nuggets indicate and probably deserve a win. That is, if they do deserve it on the floor. A win would also help Denver, I think. They don't play as well as they should at this point, and should be woken up. A tough loss would help. If not that, let's see Denver winning by 25-30. I don't really want to see another close loss with the Lakers up 15 midway through the game.