Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: (2) Nuggets vs. (7) Lakers First Round Playoff Series Thread

LeBron with seven turnovers, Nuggets with four. And at a certain point in the third, the Lakers became thoroughly demoralized. Everyone gave up except for AD. If only the Lakers could get AD some help.

Reading this thread after watching the game was hilarious. A one or two play swing and you guys are calling the series. Denver played well and kept home court advantage. Both teams had stretches where they looked very good, and there were long patches where they looked mediocre. I think Denver will win, but this game didn’t do much to move the needle for me.

Highlight of the game for me was where LeBron lowered his shoulder to barrel through Gordon, who backed away so LeBron missed landing his customary offensive foul and lost his footing. Pure comedy.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

^Many are helpless against recency bias, and stay being prisoners of the moment. Must really suck to not be able to control one’s emotions, and to live/die on every play, being ravaged by emotional hijacks.

Sucks to suck type sh!t.

Default Re: How can the Lakers beat Denver?

61% of lakers possessions in the 2nd quarter were run through an organized offense when they ran up a 12 pt lead. In the 3rd they went rec league amateur ball. Itís baffling when the data is there to back up what works for the lakers and Ham still goes away from it. This was a bad Ham game.

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    61% of lakers possessions in the 2nd quarter were run through an organized offense when they ran up a 12 pt lead. In the 3rd they went rec league amateur ball. It’s baffling when the data is there to back up what works for the lakers and Ham still goes away from it. This was a bad Ham game.
    I really don't get it. They looked good when they slowed down the game and got the ball inside. As soon as they started chucking 3s they got killed in transition off those misses.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

3 of our 5 starters let us down: Rui, Reeves, DRuss.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Just the usual standard feel out game for LeBron

He'll win game 2,Lakers in 7

I can't fathom any remotely intelligent human being being a fan of Lebron. So it basically means Lebron fans are total retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    LeBron with seven turnovers, Nuggets with four. And at a certain point in the third, the Lakers became thoroughly demoralized. Everyone gave up except for AD. If only the Lakers could get AD some help.

Reading this thread after watching the game was hilarious. A one or two play swing and you guys are calling the series.
    All the patterns are there. DLo shit in the playoffs as always, Ham being a ****ing moron (literally said he didn't run some schemes because he wants to save them against the team that continually beats the Lakers, gambling), LeBron disgruntled after starting great then kept trying to get DLo open shots (Hmm....), the defensive collapses mainly due to Captain Swag aka DLo (re-watch it all). Reaves could have been more involved but it wasn't his fault. Rui got benched for Prince as usual (I think Prince didn't do bad but you need height, even if Rui struggles with rebounding for some reason). Ironically, Gabe should have had more minutes unless he's still injured. Hayes turning into a foul machine again. AD did well. Denver went on a couple runs and got the job done.

Darvin Ham's "adjustments" shall be "interesting"...He can't seem to counter anything Denver do.

And yes I think LeBron could have done more in the second half also...And I like Jokic.
    Last edited by SATAN; 04-21-2024 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    I can't fathom any remotely intelligent human being being a fan of Lebron. So it basically means Lebron fans are total retards.
    You're a 5'8 Kawit fan who has never played a game in his life. Nobody takes anything you say seriously lol...

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32 View Post
    3 of our 5 starters let us down: Rui, Reeves, DRuss.
    Why let us down? You can't get let down by people you didn't expect anything from. We all knew and said even last year that Denver is a much better team. The Lakers have Bron and AD and that's it, the rest is garbage come playoff time. Unless Bron plays out of his mind i don't see them even winning 1 game if Denver players don't get injured. And anyway it won't be enough since AD will sh** the bed as usual every 2 games just like in the last 100 years.

I said it before, they should have forced to lose the first play in game and play the other bracket and hope Denver would be injured till the finals, that was the only way. Boston is also much much better but they're chokers, so there would always be a small chance to win a second chip this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nb1 View Post
    I said it before, they should have forced to lose the first play in game and play the other bracket and hope Denver would be injured till the finals, that was the only way. Boston is also much much better but they're chokers, so there would always be a small chance to win a second chip this season.
    If you have to duck certain teams and hope your opponents all get injured etc, whats even the satisfaction of winning a chip? Nobody’s gonna care.

We aint tryin to pull a 2015 Warriors out here.

If Bron’s teammates cant carry their load, then it needs to be exposed and something needs to be DONE about it. Plain and simple.

I rule the local playground Nowoco's Avatar

Lots of Lakers fans saying things like "if only we had done x, y and z, we would have won that game." They were saying the same things after every game last year too. Right before they got swept.

"If Basketball things didnt happen on the Basketball court, we'd win games of Basketball."

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

The Nuggets only had 2 free throws the entire 2nd half when they opened the game up. And LA got TRIPLE the amount for the game.

How does a top team at home go to the line only 3 times in the whole game?

The calls they give AD and Lebron for running into dudes and flopping is crazy.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    The Nuggets only had 2 free throws the entire 2nd half when they opened the game up. And LA got TRIPLE the amount for the game.

Usually the answer is that the team getting the free throws attacked the paint more. But in this case, the Nuggets had a lot more points in the paint so we have to come up with a different reasoning...
    Last edited by elementally morale; 04-21-2024 at 02:16 PM.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post

Stop mischaracterizing. It’s false that they only got two free throws in the second half. They got ZERO free throws in the second half.

If you want an explanation for that, the only logical explanation is LeBron’s “they fouled and we didn’t.” Right? What else could it possibly be?