Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: (2) Nuggets vs. (7) Lakers First Round Playoff Series Thread

Jokic averages 29/15/10 while not being spectacular. A better game should come. We need to see a 40/20/12 outing. But a 30/16/18 is something I can live with. The latter would show the Nuggets coming to life.

I'll repeat: this is not championship basketball and with a performance like this they won't be playing in June.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Game 2 is the reason why they don't. If Lakers had won game 2, we would be having a different discussion right now.
    I don’t know, man. Chances are that loss would’ve just lit a fire under Denver (as tonight’s probably will), and they’d have won the following games handily. The Nuggets looked complacent for most of this series, and it caught up to them tonight. It feels like the Lakers were only due for one token win, whether it was tonight or, say, in Game 2.

All moral-victory memes aside, the Lakers have competed better than expected. But the bottom line is they were never bound to steal more than a game or two.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    Jokic averages 29/15/10 while not being spectacular. A better game should come. We need to see a 40/20/12 outing. But a 30/16/18 is something I can live with. The latter would show the Nuggets coming to life.

I'll repeat: this is not championship basketball and with a performance like this they won't be playing in June.
    Hahaha. That's amazing man. I felt like Jokic didn't have a good game tonight yet he still had 33/14/14 on 50%.

LeBron and AD played great. Especially AD. He has been their rock for the whole series. Unlike last year, he has been scoring on Jokic consistently. Been constantly attacking.

Jamal Murray has been pretty bad shooting-wise. He has yet to finish a game with 40% on the floor. The Lakers have done a good job of getting him out of his rhythm. I feel like he is due for a good game. But if Denver advances and he continues to miss his shots against Minny, that's going to be a tough series.

And Denver as a team hasn't been playing well. Lakers have. That's the scary part. Love the Lakers fight. They gotta continue this play.

Watching the Mike Malone presser. This is strictly no homo but I have always thought this guy was hot as hell. Major daddy vibes every time he talks. I’m not normally into older men but you’re telling this guy a reigning nba champ coach who has grown sexy light skin men like AG and MJP under his thumb? No wonder these guys give their hole for Malone. If I were gay (which I’m not) and sexually abused as a child (which I wasn’t) I would let Malone creampie my ostrich nest.

Nuggets better get it together because if they play like they have this series against the Wolves, ISH is going to have to deal with xiao never shutting up

Nuggets looked like they weren't even trying in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    Watching the Mike Malone presser. This is strictly no homo but I have always thought this guy was hot as hell. Major daddy vibes every time he talks. I’m not normally into older men but you’re telling this guy a reigning nba champ coach who has grown sexy light skin men like AG and MJP under his thumb? No wonder these guys give their hole for Malone. If I were gay (which I’m not) and sexually abused as a child (which I wasn’t) I would let Malone creampie my ostrich nest.

Proc are you ready for Jokic vs toody round 2?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    It’s not you. The level of attractiveness among Laker Girl applicants sky rocketed when Lebron signed.
    They hired more asians it seems so that explains both things.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Proc are you ready for Jokic vs toody round 2?
    Jokic going to have him a feast of some French ostrich nest.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    I'm sure he will but if Murray keeps playing like a retard I think Minnesota can win ngl

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku View Post
    Hahaha. That's amazing man. I felt like Jokic didn't have a good game tonight yet he still had 33/14/14 on 50%.
    He had a very mediocre game with a few nice passes. He started both halves really lazy and the team followed. Jokic can still get his but he can't turn the team around in the 4th. His lack of energy helped the Lakers a lot. Yes, he can put up 33/14/14 in a mediocre game but he isn't winning these games alone. I hope this loss help and they finally realize they are playing for a ring. It barely showed in the last 4 games. They were lucky to have won three. The Nuggets in general play like it's February.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    I'm sure he will but if Murray keeps playing like a retard I think Minnesota can win ngl
    Yeah I'm tempted to agree. I wish it was a Minny/OKC series that would be nothing short of amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Toody probably has fine luxurious strands of hair surrounding his hole. If Jokic wants to cream it with his sweet Serbian specimen, he can. But needs to knock off AD first to get to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    He had a very mediocre game with a few nice passes. He started both halves really lazy and the team followed. Jokic can still get his but he can't turn the team around in the 4th. His lack of energy helped the Lakers a lot. Yes, he can put up 33/14/14 in a mediocre game but he isn't winning these games alone. I hope this loss help and they finally realize they are playing for a ring. It barely showed in the last 4 games. They were lucky to have won three. The Nuggets in general play like it's February.
    Game's not on Jokic. Hard to win if your second option is awful. They've been getting away with it until today but it was bound to catch up to them. And it definitely will against a better team next round if Murray doesn't step up.