College superstar

Default Re: Most influential player of the 21st century

1. Curry
    2. Kobe
    3. AI

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    I'm much younger than you so it actually resonated more with me being 10 years younger than Kobe. You are a bit older than Kobe.
    I probably had more understanding due to age and you were probably more deeply involved. Kobe's story touched many people for different reasons. Being a Laker fan is not the biggest one among those reasons and neither is ability to play the game. Those reasons are valid and contribute but the human aspect was a lot more important.

*refraining*

College star

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    I'm calmly stating facts.

Curry is a product of marketing hype. Nothing more. It's the biggest sham in sports history.
    What a ridiculous take. All you have to do is look and see how the game is played. Kids idolized Kobe and now Curry. They all want to play like him. Go to any playground and that's what you will see.

You're a disingenuous LeBron stan so it makes sense as to why you would go to such lengths to discredit the impact Curry has had on the game. Literally no one denies that impact.

Kawhi Leonard
    Nikola Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    What a ridiculous take. All you have to do is look and see how the game is played. Kids idolized Kobe and now Curry. They all want to play like him. Go to any playground and that's what you will see.

You're a disingenuous LeBron stan so it makes sense as to why you would go to such lengths to discredit the impact Curry has had on the game. Literally no one denies that impact.
    It should be obvious to everyone why KB and Chef would be as liked and emulated by kids as opposed to Bran. How is a kid going to go on the basketball court and pretend they're 6'8 with GOAT genetics and passing ability? Ain't no one studying Lebron's footwork or his jump shot or any of his scoring moves for that matter. You might do the tomahawk dunk on a nerf hoop but that's about it.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    *refraining*
    Understandable. These things are very subjective. Like hairstyles, preferred food or favorite music.

1. Curry - 3 pt shooting
    2. Lebron or Kobe - this is very personal/subjective
    3. Curry - for ordinary people - meaning you don't have to be an athletic/size freak

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    It should be obvious to everyone why KB and Chef would be as liked and emulated by kids as opposed to Bran. How is a kid going to go on the basketball court and pretend they're 6'8 with GOAT genetics and passing ability? Ain't no one studying Lebron's footwork or his jump shot or any of his scoring moves for that matter. You might do the tomahawk dunk on a nerf hoop but that's about it.
    I think Jokic’s game is pretty accessible. If you’re one of the taller guys out there(6’1-6’3 does it on most courts) you can take away a lot from Jokic, and people will like playing with you.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    I'm calmly stating facts.

Curry is a product of marketing hype. Nothing more. It's the biggest sham in sports history.
    you realize the reason the KD era Warriors were so good is because Steph enhances his teammates so much, right? You also can’t talk about the Warrior’s defense without talking about Steph and Bogut. Most teams can’t run Bogut and Draymond at the same time due to spacing issues, the Warriors can because it’s not about how many shooters you have, it’s how much gravity your shooters have. It’s also what allowed the Warriors to run Draymond and Looney in 22, where Draymond has become completely washed as a shooter and isn’t a good enough rebounder to play center. And if Curry’s presence doesn’t impact defense, it doesn’t make sense the warriors were 25th in drating when Curry was out and 5th the following season when Curry came back.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    Most teams can’t run Bogut and Draymond at the same time due to spacing issues, the Warriors can because it’s not about how many shooters you have, it’s how much gravity your shooters have.
    you mean the more you condense your bones and the more growth you stunt upon yourself, you're more influential

how about just give me players with healthy ligaments protecting their bones.