Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jokic Stan

Default Does anyone respect Embiid?

Yeah he is talented, but he is James Harden all over again - the center version.

This dude is such a phony in the playoffs, it's crazy. Injuries, flops, mental chokes, etc. Dude's drop off from the regular season is ridiculous.

He should've been ejected in the game last night. The fact that he scored 50 points, but actually embarrassed himself in the process, its wild. Turned what is supposed to be a legendary moment into a clown show.

By the way, Embiid has actually made more free throws in his playoff career than actual shots from the floor. Flop/free throw merchant.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: Does anyone respect Embiid?

jealous he isn't on your team again....

Joel is a great player..

He is playing with an injury, and was also told that a eye injury has blurred his vision.
    (50 points is remarkable)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Yes he is a huge bitch. I would think coming from poor area in Africa he'd be tough and stoic. Like Hakeem. Or Dikembe. But he's just a massive bitch for whatever reason.

Facts Are Misleading

Him and Luka are the two guys I enjoy watching lose.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    Him and Luka are the two guys I enjoy watching lose.
    Luka cries a lot but it's out of being overly competitive, the complete oppositive of Embiid. Luka is a much better playoff performer.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Soft AF. Cries like a bitch. Tries to game the referees to get 20+ freethrows a game.

OP absolutely right. He is the centre version of James Harden.

Nobody likes him. Shouldn't have even won the MVP last year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

He's a disgrace to the sport, can't stand him and his antics, doesn't help that he also plays for the one team I hate outside of Boston

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I can both acknowledge his incredible skill and respect the work ethic it takes to acquire it(especially after picking up the game late) and say he’s an unrepentant and contemptible ho of a basketball player. Both can be true and they very much are.

Hes as skilled and talented a ho as the game could realistically produce. I don’t think it’s likely anyone could be both so lame and so good….on a higher level. One could argue prime Harden but I’d say Embiid is better due to defense even if Harden was as much of a ho or more so.

being a hoe almost caps your total ability. But it’s a soft cap not a hard cap. He’s definitely in the luxury tax though. He’s better than a hoe ass player should be able to be, but I don’t know if it’s sustainable.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Nah, I can’t fvck with a player who tries to injure opponents on purpose. Especially coming off of a toddler tantrum caused by two botched flop attempts, you’d think a guy who’s injury prone himself would be more understanding. He’s a great talent, but I’d rather my team miss the playoffs than have this guy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I can both acknowledge his incredible skill and respect the work ethic it takes to acquire it(especially after picking up the game late) and say he’s an unrepentant and contemptible ho of a basketball player. Both can be true and they very much are.

Hes as skilled and talented a ho as the game could realistically produce. I don’t think it’s likely anyone could be both so lame and so good….on a higher level. One could argue prime Harden but I’d say Embiid is better due to defense even if Harden was as much of a ho or more so.

being a hoe almost caps your total ability. But it’s a soft cap not a hard cap. He’s definitely in the luxury tax though. He’s better than a hoe ass player should be able to be, but I don’t know if it’s sustainable.

He's out there tricking and pimping with the refs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Dude just dropped 50 with Bell's palsy.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    Nah, I can’t fvck with a player who tries to injure opponents on purpose. Especially coming off of a toddler tantrum caused by two botched flop attempts, you’d think a guy who’s injury prone himself would be more understanding. He’s a great talent, but I’d rather my team miss the playoffs than have this guy.

Too much is being made of that play. Yes it was dangerous but the intent wasnt dirty. Embiid was on the ground helpless to defend and trying to find some way to “wrap up” Robinson to prevent a basket. It was just an instinctive attempt to grab the only thing he could to stop a score. He wasnt trying to be slick or do something compromising in that instance. He was scrambling to make a spontaneous play and not thinking about how dangerous it could be. He was just trying to show some kind of resistance besides just sitting on the ground while a guy scores.

In hindsight it was dangerous but in the moment it wasnt malicious.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Too much is being made of that play. Yes it was dangerous but the intent wasnt dirty. Embiid was on the ground helpless to defend and trying to find some way to “wrap up” Robinson to prevent a basket. It was just an instinctive attempt to grab the only thing he could to stop a score. He wasnt trying to be slick or do something compromising in that instance. He was scrambling to make a spontaneous play and not thinking about how dangerous it could be. He was just trying to show some kind of resistance besides just sitting on the ground while a guy scores.

Embiid was pissed for not getting a call, then him falling angered him even more. I think it was malicious heat of the moment type of thing.

Dunking on everybody in the park

He’s not just the center version of Harden. He’s also maliciously dirty. This is not the first time he’s deliberately tried to injure someone:

https://youtu.be/FeVps9hdrFM?si=5ZIdtr-xHTpLr9qP

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post

I would agree with you but IIRC Embiid had some torque/twist/unusual motion applied to Robinson legs, it wasn’t the normal simple wrap up hand motion. There was more to it. Gonna watch it again in slo mo and full speed.

Really over this last week have lost my ability to speak positively of Embiid.

I’m gonna forever refer to him from now on as :

Joel Embellish