Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Why can't younger fans accept the word of older guys that saw both guys play

You never saw Jordan, so you don't realize how great he was, while we saw both Jordan and Lebron, so we can gauge who was better - anyone who saw both think Jordan was easily better.. And it isn't just based on superior winning or superior individual dominance/production rate... it's just the fact that Jordan was bigger world-wide - Lebron is pretty big and famous but nothing like Jordan, who is like Babe Ruth or Ali.

Default Re: Why can't younger fans accept the word of older guys that saw both guys play

Same reason you couldn't accept the words of the generation before you. On another note why cant you be more than an idiot jockstrap of a fan?

Good High School Starter

Default Re: Why can't younger fans accept the word of older guys that saw both guys play

You have repeatedly and I do mean repeatedly claimed that you do not watch today's game. Why would anyone accept yours?

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post
    You have repeatedly and I do mean repeatedly claimed that you do not watch today's game. Why would anyone accept yours?

I watched lebron until 2011, so I saw him average 22 on 35% vs Spurs

Then I saw him average 26 on 35% vs 08' Celtics

Then I saw him meltdown against 10' Celtics as massive favorite (21 on 34% for last 3 games to lose as massive favorite: with 7th year organic juggernaut)

Then I saw him choke vs Dwight as massive favorite (7 TO in 4th quarter of game 4 that swung series... horrific clutch efficiency and turnovers that lost 3 fourth quarter leads... and guarding Courtney Lee instead of his own position (hedo)

Then I saw him have goat choke in 2011

All of this is disqualifying

Who cares what he did after putting the top 3 players in the conference on 1 team - and he still mostly lost every year.. He never mostly won for a stretch with any lineup.. 21 years confirms that he isn't capable of having dynasty or 3-peat with any lineup - he mostly loses everywhere he goes and cannot mostly win regardless of cast

It is mostly due to nostalgia that distorts memories of the past that disqualifies most old school fans.

I think it's when we were 15 to 25, that our brains and tastes freeze. Movies, music, sports figures, etc., all happen to peak at those years of our lives.

Because I watched Jordan play back then, it's easy to say he's the greatest ever without any argument.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    I watched lebron until 2011
    Well isn't that convenient

Why is OP so obsessed about what younger people think?

Jokic Stan

No joke, OP needs mental therapy BADLY.

At this rate, he will be in hospice still uttering non-sense about Lebron.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post

Lebron's 2007 run through the East was invalidated when we found out a 22 on 35% bum achieved it - the Spurs showed us Lebron's true caliber... Lebron repeated this against the 08' Celtics, 10' Celtics and 11' Mavs, so he clearly wasn't capable of performing against championship comp at that time.. What more does one need to see?... MJ was so far above that obviously.... 23-year old Jordan had the worst cast in playoff history (30-win team) but nearly beat the goat team in Game 2 of the 1st Round (63 points in double OT).. Then he made the Pistons a joke the instant he got 1 all-star, while Bird/Magic needed super-teams to barely hang with the Bad Boys.. So Jordan was always at a goat level against top comp.. So again, the gap was so clear by 2011, what more did i need to see, plus Kobe was on the downside

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    Same reason you couldn't accept the words of the generation before you. On another note why cant you be more than an idiot jockstrap of a fan?
    precisely. You should’ve seen my dumb ass talking shit about Elgin Baylor in the 80s.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    precisely. You should’ve seen my dumb ass talking shit about Elgin Baylor in the 80s.

Exactly... no one was doing that - Jerry West has always been Jordan's biggest fan and was touting Jordan's goatness in the 80's, not his teammate Baylor

I'm sure you have all those clips from the 80's where West is marveling about Jordan's goatness

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post

And also who wants to see the top producer in the league team-up with the 2nd best like Lebron did with the #2 PER, BPM, WS, VORP (Wade)??? That's like Bird and Magic teaming up... Who wants to see the top 3 players in a conference team up to manufacture a Finals streak?... Who wants to hear people say Lebron takes any team to the Finals when he literally left Cleveland in 2010 because he couldn't as a massive favorite?

Jokic Stan

And also who wants to see the top producer in the league team-up with the 2nd best like Lebron did with the #2 PER, BPM, WS, VORP (Wade)??? That's like Bird and Magic teaming up... Who wants to see the top 3 players in a conference team up to manufacture a Finals streak?... Who wants to hear people say Lebron takes any team to the Finals when he literally left Cleveland in 2010 because he couldn't as a massive favorite?
    Does top producer mean best player? So you think Lebron was the best player in the NBA by the 08-09 season? Interesting.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Because we have the tape now. We can all see everything now.

The 80s and 90s were so rudimentary skill wise. I was watching the film and even Magic... who was super skilled and GOAT of his time... dude would spam right hand and if you cut him off hed shove his ass into you.

Dudes hanging 10-15 feet off everybody and nobody doing nothing about it. Free post catches all day. Today we got dudes like Maxey and Murray putting up playoff Jordan numbers and they're historically relative nobodies.

The skill cap has dramatically increased. Shooting and dribbling especially. The only things the old generation did better was flagrant foul once in a while and get away with it. And yall thought you were tough for that lmao.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Exactly... no one was doing that - Jerry West has always been Jordan's biggest fan and was touting Jordan's goatness in the 80's, not his teammate Baylor

I'm sure you have all those clips from the 80's where West is marveling about Jordan's goatness
    West is more genuine when it comes to giving other generations props. Not everyone's like that, Wilt called MJ's era soft and that he'd average 60-70 ppg.

Wilt had the EXACT criticism of the then modern NBA: guys aren't allowed to touch you etc etc