Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 108
  1. #76
    Eye of the tiger beasted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,280

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    You think an allstar that is averaging 23 on 50% with excellent defense that has averaged 27 efficiently just last season would make no difference for Philly (that's where I stopped reading). You don't think he's a star. The end.
    Yup, that's exactly what i said. Enjoy your memorial day weekend, folks.

  2. #77
    NBA All-star NBAGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    9,548

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    White leads them in WS, BPM & VORP in the POs. He's far more efficient than Tatum. He's shooting 8.4 threes per game and making 43.6% of them. His defense is great. He basically never turns the ball over either.

    There's definitely a case to be made. Also, if you're fine with paying Jaylen Brown 60+ Million a year, I think White is worth at least half of that figure, and the Celtics can't afford to match that offer.
    he's been by far the best celtic in playoffs by epm too and was 2nd best during regular season after tatum. Small sample but it's one of the best predictive impact stats out there. 18ppg is not 24ppg but he's more efficient and a better playmaker shooter and defender than the J's.

  3. #78
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    29,303

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    oh ik brown is more important than hauser. Just saying not having one role guy couldve cost denver a title this year. However yes I think it was presumptuous for you to assume because boston won 64 games they're set for the next few years. It just hasnt worked that way in history even as talented as boston is. If owner doesnt keep the starting 5 together for more than 2 years(end of porzingis deal) then we can really have a discussion about brown's supermax being worth but we'll see. I doubt it tbf plan seems to keep starting 5 together for jrue's whole contract and bolster bench through draft and vet mins. Possibly trade jrue at the end of his deal for another star
    Uf the Celtics don't win a championship over the next few years big change is coming regardless. They have a chance to win right now with JB. They're going for it. Whatever Hauser gets paid in a few years will be what he gets, if it's in Boston, great, if he has to go elsewhere, best of luck, oh well.

  4. #79
    NBA All-star NBAGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    9,548

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Uf the Celtics don't win a championship over the next few years big change is coming regardless. They have a chance to win right now with JB. They're going for it. Whatever Hauser gets paid in a few years will be what he gets, if it's in Boston, great, if he has to go elsewhere, best of luck, oh well.
    they could win this year and be in contention next few years. Stevens does like making changes but this starting lineup is stacked and seems hard to improve outside trading jrue when he ages

  5. #80
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    I love me some me.
    Posts
    33,139

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    You can haggle sometimes that’s the 3rd option but rmwg said it wasn’t on table. Sabonis was all nba these 2 years didn’t get the full max he was eligible for which was only a 30% max too not
    the 35% supermax. Was only a few mil but that could help kings with roster move down the line

    Sure. Getting someone to work for you for less than market value is always smart. You just can’t assume the option will be available. Even people who like going to work don’t like to see somebody they consider equal or worse than them having a bunch of extra money.

    I often see fans make the argument that once you’re rich, it doesn’t matter if you get a few million more next time but that’s just poor people trying to apply a standard these guys don’t live by. They are a lot like us. You don’t just get rich and stop being greedy. You get rich and you start having ambitions you previously never dreamed of.

    Another factor….Jaylen Brown is A vice president of the players union. He is somebody in the room for big business decisions. Union officials always want to push salaries higher. It’s not as bad as the NFL where every top guy gets pressure from the union to set a new benchmark at every opportunity because of the structured nature of nba deals…but a union guy giving a big hometeam discount also wouldn’t send the right message.

    Hes supposed to get all his money and establish that letting the benchmarks gets you all your money.

    Wrong guy to talk into taking less. He would probably see it as a greater responsibility not to establish that you hit the metrics and standards and still don’t get paid.

  6. #81
    NBA All-star NBAGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    9,548

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Sure. Getting someone to work for you for less than market value is always smart. You just can’t assume the option will be available. Even people who like going to work don’t like to see somebody they consider equal or worse than them having a bunch of extra money.

    I often see fans make the argument that once you’re rich, it doesn’t matter if you get a few million more next time but that’s just poor people trying to apply a standard these guys don’t live by. They are a lot like us. You don’t just get rich and stop being greedy. You get rich and you start having ambitions you previously never dreamed of.

    Another factor….Jaylen Brown is A vice president of the players union. He is somebody in the room for big business decisions. Union officials always want to push salaries higher. It’s not as bad as the NFL where every top guy gets pressure from the union to set a new benchmark at every opportunity because of the structured nature of nba deals…but a union guy giving a big hometeam discount also wouldn’t send the right message.

    Hes supposed to get all his money and establish that letting the benchmarks gets you all your money.

    Wrong guy to talk into taking less. He would probably see it as a greater responsibility not to establish that you hit the metrics and standards and still don’t get paid.
    yea fair point about the players union. If haggling wasnt on the table then you take option A.

  7. #82
    Top 10. hold this L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    10,143

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Question: Do you think that Michael Jordan was a good owner?
    No, I don't think anybody does. Pretty sure he stopped being friends with Chuck because of that reason

  8. #83
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    29,303

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    They've already extended Holiday and Porzingis. Any team that has collected a great core is going to have to pay out a lot of money but so long as the Celtics ownership is willing to pay the bill (and they are) its not a problem.
    Update: Derrick White is getting an extension for 4 years, 125 mil. Celtics activated the option on Hauser and they are negotiating an extension.

    So I'm sure that this will have the team wearing, like, five aprons. On the same day White's extension is announced the Celtics have anounced that the team is up for sale. So the approach of the next buyers could change things...after 2028. The following are just my thoughts:

    They bought the team for 360 mil. Team is currently valued at 4.7 billion. Who ever buys this team is going to be Ballmer-rich. I'm hoping it's not the Saudis. The purchaser hopefully buys because they want a ready-made winner. But either way the current core would be getting another 4 years. And you really can't predict any team's future past 4 years.

  9. #84
    Troll who tries to provoke you
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    No

    300 is too much of a money for a star who cannot score more than 21 ppg in finals.

    210 is fine. But he is way way overpaid. despite weakest of the weak FMVP.

  10. #85
    NBA Legend AirBonner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    15,605

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan View Post
    No

    300 is too much of a money for a star who cannot score more than 21 ppg in finals.

    210 is fine. But he is way way overpaid. despite weakest of the weak FMVP.
    Because the team is loaded? Celtics just paid their entire starting lineup. The offense is spread so not one player has to go into full on chuck mode

  11. #86
    Decent playground baller
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Posts
    359

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    What I would say is, regardless of contract size he has proven he is now worthy of playing with Lebron.


    Get it done, Rob

  12. #87
    Eye of the tiger beasted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,280

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    Because the team is loaded? Celtics just paid their entire starting lineup. The offense is spread so not one player has to go into full on chuck mode
    This was literally his highest scoring playoff run of his career.

  13. #88
    NBA Legend AirBonner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    15,605

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    This was literally his highest scoring playoff run of his career.
    Just a few years ago people were saying Boston was cheap and petty not taking care of their players. Now Boston pays everyone and people still bitch. Man stfu

  14. #89
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    29,303

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    This was literally his highest scoring playoff run of his career.
    Why is 23.9 laughable? Especially considering he's never been first option. He has four 20+ ppg postseason and a career playoff average of 19. These are solid numbers.

  15. #90
    Eye of the tiger beasted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,280

    Default Re: Would you say Jaylen Brown is now worth his contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Why is 23.9 laughable? Especially considering he's never been first option. He has four 20+ ppg postseason and a career playoff average of 19. These are solid numbers.
    I'm still awaiting an answer to a question I posed months ago and got crickets from you:

    What makes Brown worth the supermax and not the max?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •