Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Is 1 Championship enough for Luka Doncic to become the GOAT Mavericks player?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    This could be right but predicting the future is impossible. I personally expect that Pop will put the right players around Wembanyama over the next three years and then it will be over for the West. We will see.
    Maybe, but I see no reason why it will be harder to beat Wemby than it was to beat Duncan when he had great teams around him. If Dirk can beat the 06 Spurs with the cast he had, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect Luka to do something similar. Especially when he has a guy like Kyrie as his running mate and Dirk was able to do it with Jason Terry as his.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Is 1 Championship enough for Luka Doncic to become the GOAT Mavericks player?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    Maybe, but I see no reason why it will be harder to beat Wemby than it was to beat Duncan when he had great teams around him. If Dirk can beat the 06 Spurs with the cast he had, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect Luka to do something similar. Especially when he has a guy like Kyrie as his running mate and Dirk was able to do it with Jason Terry
    So again I am wandering into the unsafe territory of predicting greatness. Duncan was the best 4 ever and the foundation for a dynasty so what you're writing is valid. But Duncan was not unsolvable. He was not impossible to score around or dropping 30 on everyone every game and making it look easy. That is what I am expecting from Wembanyama. I am also making the unsafe assumption that Pop still knows how to build a team and will stop the tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    So again I am wandering into the unsafe territory of predicting greatness. Duncan was the best 4 ever and the foundation for a dynasty so what you're writing is valid. But Duncan was not unsolvable. He was not impossible to score around or dropping 30 on everyone every game and making it look easy. That is what I am expecting from Wembanyama. I am also making the unsafe assumption that Pop still knows how to build a team and will stop the tanking.
    I take your point and likely agree if Wemby turns into something that even Duncan wasn't.

We'll see. Hopefully Luka does something legendary starting tonight and for the rest of this series so he answers that question way ahead of schedule.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

depends on if you are asking who the best player is/was or counting hardware

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    depends on if you are asking who the best player is/was or counting hardware
    Looks like Luka has some work left on both for now.

Hopefully he can get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    30/8/8
    31/6/5

Stat lines from our stars that people don't think are stars.
    Who says Brown / Tatum are not stars?