• Mavs in 4-5

6 13.64%
  • Mavs in 6-7

22 50.00%
Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1491

Default Re: 2024 NBA Finals: (1) Boston Celtics vs. (5) Dallas Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Romer View Post
    Yes well if youd been here saying that before the series was 3-0 youíd have a bit more credibility.
    Peep my posts. I even said in 6 because I figured the nba would step in plus the Mavs could get hot. Still, i could not imagine a scenario where they didnít clean up. I think wolves or denver would have been a problem. I could see arguments for them, but not dal. Luka injured, too. Ky and Luka had to go 40 40 to get a win, and real talk they might have had a chance to steal one already.

Doesnít mean kyrie is not that dude or luka isnít all nba 1, but the match up is awful. Dallas is also inexperienced.

Before ant shit, i was kinda hoping for min v bos on some old school vs new school stuff.

Straight face, the way boston is winning is slightly impressive, and dallas not getting anything so far is disappointing, but i donít think this team is as good as people say it is by their stats, etc. Good on Boston to get a ring (assuming since 3-0,) but my pov is Ďmeh.í

Definitely happy the refs havenít seemed like a huge factor.

-Smak

Crazy how Brown has snatched the tiara from Tatum in the playoffs. Conference Finals MVP and now the Finals MVP!

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Denver would be tough, Celtics would struggle vs Joker. Minnie would get beat because they're stupid. A dumb team isn't beating the Celtics in a series. I still can't believe they let Doncic take a nap in the corner on defense all game long.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

What this series showed us is that Luka will never reach LeBron's level. He could have all the skill in the world, but his athleticism holds him back, his defense has been pretty bad these last 2 games. Peak LeBron was all over the court defensively and guarding multiple positions.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post

You can see my vote in the poll lol. Before the playoffs started I would heavily favor Boston over everyone except the Nuggets and Wolves(vs them I would only slightly favor Boston). Boston's biggest weakenss is when they go up against size and simultaneously don't hit 3's.
    Thats fine, and as I said both teams had cases to be made. My point is everyone had a 50-50 chance of being right just by registering a vote. Of course everyone who picked Boston is gonna look like their reasons were right at this point. That doesnt mean the series COULDNT have gone the other way.

If it was that foregone a conclusion everyone should be rolling in cash from gambling everything they had on the Celtics.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    What this series showed us is that Luka will never reach LeBron's level. He could have all the skill in the world, but his athleticism holds him back, his defense has been pretty bad these last 2 games. Peak LeBron was all over the court defensively and guarding multiple positions.
    It really shouldnt have taken anyone this series to realize that. Ive been makin that exact point for years.

It’s not a slight on Luka. NOBODY catchin LeKang. He’s uno of uno.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Denver would be tough, Celtics would struggle vs Joker. Minnie would get beat because they're stupid. A dumb team isn't beating the Celtics in a series. I still can't believe they let Doncic take a nap in the corner on defense all game long.
    This is how i feel. Finals always gets me wanting to talk bball. Rip my thumbs cuz im writing on ipad.

First off somewhat irrelevantly, i donít know that 38 year old big al moves better than gobert, but he is so much better at cutting things off. In no galaxy down 2 would al ever let luka get a 3.

Minny has conley who is an og. If ant could do some iso stuff it could work. I think their front line would be the biggest asset, though, esp with a limited porzingis.

For a moment, i was liking minny more than denver. Even in their series i was wondering if it was minnys year. They really choked. They could have choked vs boston too, but if bos goes cold, they seem most vulnerable to a big team. To me, at least. Denver has jokic who is a series changer, but before minny lost, even with ant scrubbing vs dallas, id have given minny a tiny bit more chance than denver. I woulda encouraged people to bet minny. Would have been a big pay out.

But they need more experience just like dallas. Even if they lost, they wouldnít have gotten 3-0íd, imo.

Peace tho. Fun finals. Grats cs. We know how i feel about tatum, but he did deserve to get the fmvp for this. He really has played well in a lot of intangible ways. 12 assists for your pf is nuts. I wish he coulda shot a little better, but if brown gets it, oh well.

-Smak

There was nothing Minnesota could have done to attack him. What makes Boston different from every other team in the league is there's no one you can help off of.

Luka fouling out is a really low IQ play. I'm honestly disappointed in him. He should have been nowhere close to Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Romer View Post
    Thats fine, and as I said both teams had cases to be made. My point is everyone had a 50-50 chance of being right just by registering a vote. Of course everyone who picked Boston is gonna look like their reasons were right at this point. That doesnt mean the series COULDNT have gone the other way.

If it was that foregone a conclusion everyone should be rolling in cash from gambling everything they had on the Celtics.
    Double post but i never say something is a sure thing, but i repeat, thinking about it, i just could not conceive of a way. It was really that serious for me. Like a 95-98% chance. I even said i didn’t think porzingis mattered. Sure you can say it was 5050, but i dunno, man, if you really think about it and look at the teams, it’s hard to see how they could possibly win.

Having an iso back court vs boston just isn’t it, even if they are good passers. They needed more than that. They needed a 3rd guy when bos had like 5th and 6th guys haha

-Smak

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    There was nothing Minnesota could have done to attack him. What makes Boston different from every other team in the league is there's no one you can help off of.
    The man he's guarding is a basketball player. Even if you can't create at a high level you can cut to the basket. Set a pick and roll off of it. Just run around somewhere, do something. Everyone on Minnie just stood around and watched Edwards try and won the game by himself with KAT doing his Antoine Walker impersonation. Doncic got to go all out offensively and then catch his breath guarding a guy that stood in on me spot on the three point line allegedly spacing the floor. You let Doncic rest like that and he will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    But luka was said to have 'overtaken' jordan during the 2020 disney bubble if things were to be recalled correctly.

The man he's guarding is a basketball player. Even if you can't create at a high level you can cut to the basket. Set a pick and roll off of it. Just run around somewhere, do something. Everyone on Minnie just stood around and watched Edwards try and won the game by himself with KAT doing his Antoine Walker impersonation. Doncic got to go all out offensively and then catch his breath guarding a guy that stood in on me spot on the three point line allegedly spacing the floor. You let Doncic rest like that and he will kill you.
    That doesn’t matter when Dallas had help defense behind. Clips and okc tried that too going after Luka. All of them had non shooters to help off Boston doesn’t

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    30/8/8
    31/6/5

Lines from a couple of guys tonight, who people think aren't stars.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...ame-not-others

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I said Irving was key .. to shoot lots of 3's

I did not say Luka should foul out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!