Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    NBA Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    13,063

    Default A 50/20/20 player would see their cast underperform & lose like Luka & Lebron's cast

    because the "heliocentric", aka "down-hill" or ball-dominant skillset freezes out teammates... so even though this guy is getting 50/20/20, teammates still have to get 50-90 points to win the game, and they simply can't against the best teams with that brand of ball

    So the 50/20/20 player would have a lottery record on the championship level just like Luka and Lebron.. And we already know that the ball-dominant brand is the only losing brand in the Finals over a meaningful sample - i.e. Lebron or his teammates are the only guys with losing Finals records over a meaningful sample (4+ Finals).. modern era only (since 1980)...

    Ball-domination is simply a massive loser on the championship level, regardless of the player's stats and regardless of cast.. this is bball101 that every hoops fan should know

  2. #2
    NBA lottery pick Overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,891

    Default Re: A 50/20/20 player would see their cast underperform & lose like Luka & Lebron's c

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    because the "heliocentric", aka "down-hill" or ball-dominant skillset freezes out teammates... so even though this guy is getting 50/20/20, teammates still have to get 50-90 points to win the game, and they simply can't against the best teams with that brand of ball

    So the 50/20/20 player would have a lottery record on the championship level just like Luka and Lebron.. And we already know that the ball-dominant brand is the only losing brand in the Finals over a meaningful sample - i.e. Lebron or his teammates are the only guys with losing Finals records over a meaningful sample (4+ Finals).. modern era only (since 1980)...

    Ball-domination is simply a massive loser on the championship level, regardless of the player's stats and regardless of cast.. this is bball101 that every hoops fan should know
    Expert jump shooters need stacked teams that can win when they underperform, see G2 Tatum or they are not there at all, see '94 Bulls.

  3. #3
    NBA Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    13,063

    Default Re: A 50/20/20 player would see their cast underperform & lose like Luka & Lebron's c

    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    Expert jump shooters need stacked teams that can win when they underperform, see G2 Tatum or they are not there at all, see '94 Bulls.

    Expert jumpshooters can develop great teams over time by fostering great chemistry that allows teammates to play well and allows the team to seamlessly add guys like Porzingas.

    Otoh, Luka's reliance on ball-dominance means that he lacks the skill to fit with Porzingas or Brunson, while Tatum developed a great chemistry that can fit ANY player into their system to eventually have the juggernaut we see today.

    Expert jumpshooters can develop great chemistry, so they can have great-performing casts, aka great teams/dynasties, while ball-dominators are the opposite - they can't develop chemistry so they must rely on talent (more help) and every loss is blamed on needing more help (talent-based winning, not chemistry-based).. the reality is that ball-dominators never learn to play EFFECTIVE BASKETBALL, aka great chemistry and fits with teammates

  4. #4
    Jokic Stan
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,760

    Default Re: A 50/20/20 player would see their cast underperform & lose like Luka & Lebron's c

    Remember folks, OP's main prediction this year was that the Suns or Denver would make the finals...

  5. #5
    Embiid > Jokic SouBeachTalents's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,478

    Default Re: A 50/20/20 player would see their cast underperform & lose like Luka & Lebron's c

    Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    Remember folks, OP's main prediction this year was that the Suns or Denver would make the finals...
    He also said the Celtics would win the Finals due to Tatum's "expert jumpshooting", when they've won the first 2 games with Tatum going 12/38.

  6. #6
    NBA Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    13,063

    Default Re: A 50/20/20 player would see their cast underperform & lose like Luka & Lebron's c

    Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    He also said the Celtics would win the Finals due to Tatum's "expert jumpshooting", when they've won the first 2 games with Tatum going 12/38.

    I never said Tatum's expert jumpshooting skill would win the series - I said his expert jumpshooting skill allowed the development of great chemistry over time, which has allowed the great team we see today

    keep up

    his skillset DOESN'T rely on ball-domination, which imposes spot-up roles and isn't 5-man basketball, so it can't develop the chemistry needed for great-performing casts, aka great teams/dynasties...

  7. #7
    NBA All-star GimmeThat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,866

    Default Re: A 50/20/20 player would see their cast underperform & lose like Luka & Lebron's c

    OP been disconnected from the utility system by stating that the basketball hoop is in fact a toilet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •