Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jokic Stan

Default So is Tatum an "expert jump shooter"?

Congrats to the Celtics though, I called them winning as soon as Jrue and Porz came on board.

Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: So is Tatum an "expert jump shooter"?

I think he's the most unlikeable star we have in the league. His post game interview was so weird, his commercial right after winning "now what are they gonna say?"

His Kobe stuff.... Man this dude is off.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    I think he's the most unlikeable star we have in the league. His post game interview was so weird, his commercial right after winning "now what are they gonna say?"

I wouldn't say he is unlikeable, he is just super cringe with this stuff.

He is clearly a little overrated as a player though. I have never considered him a true top ten player in the league despite his three first team all nba selections. Although now that he won a ring, he will feel less pressure going forward so maybe next year is when he becomes a real superstar.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

1st qtr of final game , wide open shoots an air ball from 3 = expert

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post

I agree with a lot of this. He comes off as a huge weirdo goofball.

Him and KAT are just goofy cuck type characters.

Honestly, everytime I see him shoot, I expect him to miss

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    Honestly, everytime I see him shoot, I expect him to miss
    I can't believe how many layups he misses, I've honestly never seen anything like that

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Kidd really ****ed up doubling him so hard to start the series. Basically allowed Jrue and White and Hauser and Zingis and Horford etc. to go nuts. He should've let Tatum get his own and stay home on those other guys. That was a stupid strategy. He was treating Tatum like he was MJ.

To be fair to Tatum I think he would be amazing if he embraced the Pippen role

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Kidd really ****ed up doubling him so hard to start the series. Basically allowed Jrue and White and Hauser and Zingis and Horford etc. to go nuts. He should've let Tatum get his own and stay home on those other guys. That was a stupid strategy. He was treating Tatum like he was MJ.

that's why tatum could've gotten FMVP - he was the focus of the Mavs defense, and he was figuring it out as the series went on - he would've easily been FMVP if the series went 6 games

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    To be fair to Tatum I think he would be amazing if he embraced the Pippen role

The pippen role is averaging 10-30 points less than the 1st option in every series and forcing the 1st option to defeat max defensive attention (carry scoring load)

so no.. Tatum was an equal-scoring partner to Brown and therefore attracted equal defensive attention... So Brown never faced the max defensive attention that he would've faced if Pippen was his sidekick.

carry on

He's been a mediocre/streaky volume 3PT shooter his whole career. A younger Tatum was actually a more diverse player but they made him abandon the mid-range instead of improving on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    The pippen role is averaging 10-30 points less than the 1st option in every series and forcing the 1st option to defeat max defensive attention (carry scoring load)

so no.. Tatum was an equal-scoring partner to Brown and therefore attracted equal defensive attention... So Brown never faced the max defensive attention that he would've faced if Pippen was his sidekick.

carry on
    You stfu, expert jump shooter my ass. If he's an expert then I feel bad for the other guys you tried to put in his lisr.

Made that high school varsity squad

In the finals, he shot 2 for 10 from midrange, and 26% from three. If that doesn’t scream “expert jump shooter” I don’t know what does.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Tatum is that rare superstar that can positively impact the game even when his shot doesn't fall. The man is getting near triple doubles, 30 point games and winning a championship in a postseason where many of you are talking about how bad he played. What are teams going to do when he's hitting shots at a high level?