Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Serious playground baller ndPac's Avatar

Default Re: Lil Wayne is the best in the game

Quote Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN43
    lil wayne absolutily kills everything he spits over.. literally.. and he isnt an album rapper at all, he is a mixtape legend.. best rapper alive, dedication 1 and 2, drought 3, like father like son mixtape, the prefix, suffix, they are all insane mixtapes..

wayne kills it.. every time..

Exactly. . I think when Carter 3 comes out it will be his best real album yet. . But yea, hes definently the best there is in the mixtape game right now. out of every cd and/or mixtape of the last 5 years if i could only have two ide have Weezy - Dedicaiton 2 and Weezy - Da Drought 3. never get tired of listening to those theyre playing in my car daily.

Quote Originally Posted by ndPac
    Exactly. . I think when Carter 3 comes out it will be his best real album yet. . But yea, hes definently the best there is in the mixtape game right now. out of every cd and/or mixtape of the last 5 years if i could only have two ide have Weezy - Dedicaiton 2 and Weezy - Da Drought 3. never get tired of listening to those theyre playing in my car daily.

i guess you've never heard of mood muzik...

Good High School Starter

I don't care much for mixtapes, so maybe that is why I am missing out on him or something. To me he has some hot lines, hot verses, and hot songs, but when you put out a thousand verses a year, 20 of them are hot by default. Give me MF Doom if you are going with quantity. If you are just talking about "hot" lines and stuff give me T.I. If you are going with "quality" music give me Common.

I guess I just like rappers who put out quality over quantity. Give me a Brother Ali or KO-S album every 5 years over a Lil' Wayne mixtape every 5 months. I do like Lil' Wayne, but I don't live on the new stuff and that is why he really hasn't ever been in my current top 10 favorites except for when Tha Carter came out. I live on the stuff that is new to me. The only new stuff I listen to are by artists that I really like.

Local High School Star

jay z

I rule the local playground RobertSwift31's Avatar

Finally seeing some other Joe Budden Fans

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty
    i guess you've never heard of mood muzik...
    Of cousre i have. . Mood Muzik 2 is real good. . right now ide still take those two waynes over it though. . .Ive got like every Budden song hes got out, too bad they wont seem to release his 2nd album., I think his 1st was very under rated. . Too bad Pump It Up kind of put him in the mainstream rap category, when hes almost the complete opposite . .

He hasnt really put anything new out in awihle too he needs another mixtape at least. . But right now no one is coming close to Weezy witt consistancy and new material.

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAAH. Damn, you know rap is in a bad state when you got mothafukas saying he's the best in the game. How can you be the best in the game when he has yet to drop a album with classic status? Mixtapes and features don't make you the best in the game. Lyrically, i think he's very overrated. He has some good lines but most of them are very very corny. There is more to rap than a good punchline.

"I can say don't rhyme, and it's gon' rhyme"

Tiger! Tiger!

If this was any year prior to say... 1999 - there's no way Lil Wayne of today would be considered "the best in the game today" ... but with the current state of hip-hop, especially mainstream hip-hop, pretty safe to say Lil Wayne is right at the top of the list.

wayne is the best of the worst hip hop has to offer right now..

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    HAHAHAHAHHAHHAAH. Damn, you know rap is in a bad state when you got mothafukas saying he's the best in the game. How can you be the best in the game when he has yet to drop a album with classic status? Mixtapes and features don't make you the best in the game. Lyrically, i think he's very overrated. He has some good lines but most of them are very very corny. There is more to rap than a good punchline.

"I can say don't rhyme, and it's gon' rhyme"

Yea i know what youre saying. . I hate punchline rap like lloyd banks where thats all they do. . I kinda view Wayne different though, like hes not pure punchilines and some of his arent that good but lately hes been comin up with some real creative stuff. . and like its more about his flow, punchlines, wordplay all together why i like him over anyone else right now, and he covers all the issues, he donest always have to do punchline stuff. . and thats why i said "best in the mixtape game" . . i dont even really like real albums that much anyways tho, alot of that stuff has to get approved by publlishing and companies and stuff and they dont always get to put the best stuff out, or the stuff they really intended to. . .Best album of last year was Doctors Advocate in my oppinion, but alot of people didnt like it and it didnt sell well. . I love westcoast music the best though so i might be biasd. .

"Got that sub-zero flow, how u want me ma/ n**** get over here like Scorpion/ And when it comes down to this recordin, I must be Lebron James if hes Jordan/ No, I want range from my performance, Im more Kobe Bryant of an artist"
    - it dont sound that good in print but when he raps it it all rhymes and fits perfect. . its not that great of a line but i like the creativity and the way it sounds, hes kinda got his own style right now that no one else is doing.

oh and. . .

"U aint heard the latest?/ Weezy F the greatest, battle anybody n**** f.u.c.k. who in your favorites/ I dont really want to, but these n***** makin me/ puta mutha****a on ice like the Maple Leaves/ thats a hockey team, and i aint on no hockey team/ but im a champion, wheres the fu.ck.in Rocky theme? / Damn.. rest in peace Apollo Creed/ Ima monster, every day is Halloween/ Big balls, and they jingle like alota keys/ Even deaf bit.ches say hi to me, she tell a blind bi.tch and she say 'i gotta see' " . . .. . . .I dont know why but thats prob my favorie verse off Drought 3. . Just the way he flows it all and puts it together it sounds so dope. .

and as for something without punchlines im sure youver heard Georgia Bush.. Thats a song with meaning and i think its just as tight as his punchline stuff with no meaning. . thats why i say hes currently making the best stuff right now, cuz either way whatever hes doing a song about its coming out good. . as oppose to the Piles, t-pain, shop boyz, and all the other shi.t thats being released nowadays. .
    here it is if you havent heard it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=giJt4IBLBhc

Dylan spits hot fire!

I like Lil Wayne but he's overrated as hell

Carter 3 might be a classic
    I hope

but Lil Wayne fans are worse than Jay-Z fans in his prime
    yall act like he's god of Rap and exaggerate how good he is.