Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    the value of those teams are all listed in the OP

they are below most NFL teams...except for Manchester United
    you arent getting it...If those were the ONLY POSSIBLE TEAMS that you could root for in the whole world of soccer then it would make more money.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    the schools are much harder in England than the US BUT the school system is better in the US b/c there is more opporunity.

you screw up bad? Go to a community college and work back up again.
    I was about to reply to you post asking me to back up how alot of Europe is poor...

what happened to it?....did you decide it was a dumb question?

-primetime-

you arent getting it...If those were the ONLY POSSIBLE TEAMS that you could root for in the whole world of soccer then it would make more money.
    those are the teams that play for the World Cup right?

am I supposed to include college football as well...

this is just a comparison of the NFL to World Soccer....that doesn't include the MLS or any other league....teams that play for the World Cup

I was about to reply to you post asking me to back up how alot of Europe is poor...

what happened to it?....did you decide it was a dumb question?
    I had a much better point and it wasnt the question it was stating how dumb of a statment that is, "a lot of Europe is poor" doenst sound very smart and someone would be dumb to believe that from somebody on the internet.

You ALWAYS make random ass statements out of ignorance or back-up.

thats why its the NFL, not american football. He's comparing the two biggest leagues for the sports.

There are other football teams. What about NCAA football, high school football, AFL, Australian football...

The NFL aren't the only teams we can vote for.

If you guys want to include all of the smaller soccer leagues, then you would need to include all of the smaller football leagues too. And that's not what he's doing. He's simply comparing the two largest leagues.

those are the teams that play for the World Cup right?

am I supposed to include college football as well...

this is just a comparison of the NFL to World Soccer....that doesn't include the MLS or any other league....teams that play for the World Cup
    I am not talking about the goddamn world cup. Club teams dont play in the World cup; Only national teams do. Do you see any national teams up there?

If you want to include World cup alone, goddamn that would be a lot of money.

What qrich is saying if you took the top 32 club teams in soccer IN THE WHOLE WORLD and made it into one league and ONLY one league then it would make more money then the NFL.

What I am saying is the value of each of those teams would skyrocket and surpass the NFL teams.

And about NCAA football, those players FEED into NFL football.

those teams would have youth teams.
    Last edited by Hawker; 08-25-2007 at 06:02 PM.

I usually hit open layups

plus team values

this interesting, but you're forgetting an important thing. 32 football teams represent the whole NFL, and almost the whole worldly played american football.

The first 20 football teams in the world are far from being even a slight part of "all the soccer in the world", obviously from the popularity point of view, but als the economical.
    To explain what I'm talkin about, I'll tell you how big is the soccer world in Italy only. You can compare it to US. Football.
    Each team has an average of 22 players (to help you make the comparison)

Serie A (the first division) is a 20 teams division
    Serie B counts 24 teams
    Serie C is divided in 5 groups, each of 20 teams
    Serie D is divided in.. I think something like 10 groups, each of about 20 teams

These are the national leagues
    Each player of each team in each of this groups can live with what he earns from his play. That's almost 8000 players, in Italy.

Then there's the "half-amateurs".
    That's to say, in every region (Italy is divided in 20 regions) has:
    Eccellenza (10 groups or something)
    Promozione (idem)
    1st, 2nd, and 3rd categories, eache of some groups.
    The teams in this categories are from half professional to "let's catch up with the bar mates and play soccer against other people"
    Even so, even the worse of this teams, the one you could build up with your friends to have something to do 3 nights a week, has so much money to waste (something like 10'000 euros every year) that I'm embarassed to say it.

This should explain what I was meaning. US football is super-hyped, filled with money to the bone, but this is (also) because almost the whole economical and social attention of a half continent is directed towards 32 teams.

-primetime-

I had a much better point and it wasnt the question it was stating how dumb of a statment that is, "a lot of Europe is poor" doenst sound very smart and someone would be dumb to believe that from somebody on the internet.

You ALWAYS make random ass statements out of ignorance or back-up.
    wtf??

so ALL of Europe is rich???

obviously there are poor parts of Europe...

but since you asked me to back it up alright....let us compare Europe to the Untited States

United States:

Unemployment : 4.4%
    GDP : $13.13 trillion
    GDP per capita : $44k
    population : 299,811,596

Europe:

Unemployment : 8.8%
    GDP : $12.82 trillion(US)
    GDP per capita : $29k(US)
    population : 710,000,000

In other words, Europe has more than twice as many peoiple than the United States yet we have more money....

the average American has 2x more money than the average Euro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy..._United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Europe

Quote Originally Posted by orfeomorfeo-ita
    this interesting, but you're forgetting an important thing. 32 football teams represent the whole NFL, and almost the whole worldly played american football.

The first 20 football teams in the world are far from being even a slight part of "all the soccer in the world", obviously from the popularity point of view, but als the economical.
    To explain what I'm talkin about, I'll tell you how big is the soccer world in Italy only. You can compare it to US. Football.
    Each team has an average of 22 players (to help you make the comparison)

Serie A (the first division) is a 20 teams division
    Serie B counts 24 teams
    Serie C is divided in 5 groups, each of 20 teams
    Serie D is divided in.. I think something like 10 groups, each of about 20 teams

These are the national leagues
    Each player of each team in each of this groups can live with what he earns from his play. That's almost 8000 players, in Italy.

Then there's the "half-amateurs".
    That's to say, in every region (Italy is divided in 20 regions) has:
    Eccellenza (10 groups or something)
    Promozione (idem)
    1st, 2nd, and 3rd categories, eache of some groups.
    The teams in this categories are from half professional to "let's catch up with the bar mates and play soccer against other people"
    Even so, even the worse of this teams, the one you could build up with your friends to have something to do 3 nights a week, has so much money to waste (something like 10'000 euros every year) that I'm embarassed to say it.

This should explain what I was meaning. US football is super-hyped, filled with money to the bone, but this is (also) because almost the whole economical and social attention of a half continent is directed towards 32 teams.
    He's comparing the leagues! Not every single soccer team in the world versus an extremely small portion (yet well marketed) of the world's football teams.

wtf??

but since you asked me to back it up alright....let us compare Europe to the Untited States

United States:

Europe:

In other words, Europe has more than twice as many peoiple than the United States yet we have more money....

ok...does that prove they are poor?

Quote Originally Posted by skillswithaz
    He's comparing the leagues! Not every single soccer team in the world versus an extremely small portion (yet well marketed) of the world's football teams.
    you're not getting it either. If you take attention off all those smaller teams and put them into the bigger leagues then it would make more money.

wtf??

United States:

Europe:

Averages are a bad beast.
    Notwithstanding the fact that those average are generated including many countries that are just getting out from a really long period of desperation, you forget the trite joke:

If I have two chickens and you have no chicken, the average says we both have a chicken, while I'm fat and you're starving.
    (that means that researches have shown how US, while being at the same time a country with plenty of rich people, has much more poor people than europe, for example)

you're not getting it either. If you take attention off all those smaller teams and put them into the bigger leagues then it would make more money.
    the only thing im not getting is what you just wrote.

if you take attention off of smaller teams (you mean attention as in marketing? how much money the make?) and put them in bigger leagues it would make more money. (but if you took attention away from a team wouldn't it make less money?)

And I think I'm the only one in the thread that does get what Primetime is talking about actually.

Quote Originally Posted by skillswithaz

what I was trying to say is that it's not an extremely small portion. It almost all the football that exists on the planet. With small exceptions (to which I belong) nobody gives a damn about it outside the us.
    I guess soccer is "richer", but money is far more spreaded.
    Moreover, people already told you that there's not such a league in europe
    the fact is that the concept of "sports league" outside the us doesn't exist.
    they're called leagues, or ligas, or Lega, sure, but they've nothing to do with what you think to when you hear Nba or Nfl

-primetime-

ok...does that prove they are poor?
    now this is a dumb question....it without a doubt shows that alot of them are poor....8.8% of those 710,000,000 people are unemployed

ALL OF THEM???.....no

some of them?...yes

to be honest, when I think of Europe I think of smelly, unbathed people that don't shave and have bad teeth.

I am now failing to see what you are getting at though....are you trying to claim that none of them are poor?

you said I was dumb to say that alot of Europe is poor....well prove me wrong instead of "just pulling it out of your ass".

the whole point of that statement was to show why it is that the NFL makes more money.....because we have more money