Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Quote Originally Posted by skillswithaz
    the only thing im not getting is what you just wrote.

if you take attention off of smaller teams (you mean attention as in marketing? how much money the make?) and put them in bigger leagues it would make more money. (but if you took attention away from a team wouldn't it make less money?)

And I think I'm the only one in the thread that does get what Primetime is talking about actually.

What he's trying to say is that if there were only 32 soccer professional soccer teams in the world they would be much richer than how are now the richest 32 soccer teams in the world

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by orfeomorfeo-ita
    Averages are a bad beast.
    Notwithstanding the fact that those average are generated including many countries that are just getting out from a really long period of desperation, you forget the trite joke:

If I have two chickens and you have no chicken, the average says we both have a chicken, while I'm fat and you're starving.
    (that means that researches have shown how US, while being at the same time a country with plenty of rich people, has much more poor people than europe, for example)
    that is why I included the unemployment %

the United States has a bigger middle class

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    that is why I included the unemployment %

the United States has a bigger middle class
    Uhm. I'm not following you. Apart, again, that you shouldn't take for molten gold those averages, as they include countries like Poland, Romany, Hungary, Bulgary, Turkey.. etc. etc. .. that are in deep trouble (In italy we have an unemployment rate bween 6 and 7 and we consider high in comparison with other european countries.. so I guess there's a much lower rate in east countries, that lowers the average)... what do you mean with middle class?
    I think we have less rich people, but we DO have free education and healthcare system.
    If someone is poor, here, he is entitled to education and health formally by our Constitution and pratically by laws that permit you to attend universities and receive medical treatment with statal money.
    I've never been in the US yet, but I've been told that if someone is poor, there, and not particulary endowed in his field, he won't attend University. And if he is very poor, and ill, he can die, for what the government cares.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by orfeomorfeo-ita
    Uhm. I'm not following you. Apart, again, that you shouldn't take for molten gold those averages, as they include countries like Poland, Romany, Hungary, Bulgary, Turkey.. etc. etc. .. that are in deep trouble (In italy we have an unemployment rate bween 6 and 7 and we consider high in comparison with other european countries.. so I guess there's a much lower rate in east countries, that lowers the average)... what do you mean with middle class?
    I think we have less rich people, but we DO have free education and healthcare system.
    If someone is poor, here, he is entitled to education and health formally by our Constitution and pratically by laws that permit you to attend universities and receive medical treatment with statal money.
    I've never been in the US yet, but I've been told that if someone is poor, there, and not particulary endowed in his field, he won't attend University. And if he is very poor, and ill, he can die, for what the government cares.
    it is simple...

8.8% of Europe's 710,000,000 population is unemployed.

that is 62,480,000 people

4.4% of the United States 300,000,000 population is unemployed.

that is 13,200,000 people

thus there are more poor people in Europe than in the United States....the unemployment % proves your theory that "averages are bad" wrong

If we have so much more money than them why is that they always turn their noses up at us like we are a bunch of mostly dumb, uneducated, uncultured rednecks?

Europe has a 9% unemployment rate? Wow. I thought that was just in Germany and France. Combined with that poll that someone posted the other day that has 3 to 4 times as many Americans who are happy with their lives versus the Euros, my view of Europe is really changing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

ok primetime...why dont the rich people in europe play football?

That is where your logic if flawed.

America in "has lots of money" shocker

the value of those teams are all listed in the OP

they are below most NFL teams...except for Manchester United
    Did you even read my post? Obviously not, because if you did, you would understand that I meant if you take away most of the leagues and only give those who want to watch pro football only those 32 teams or so, the amount those squads make will skyrocket.

those are the teams that play for the World Cup right?

am I supposed to include college football as well...

this is just a comparison of the NFL to World Soccer....that doesn't include the MLS or any other league....teams that play for the World Cup
    I didn't know ManU was a country, nor Inter Milan, nor AC Milan, nor Barcelona, etc. etc. etc. Is there a World Cup of Clubs, yes, but the World Cup is ONLY nations.

What does college football have to do with pro sports? Plus, those college players go into the NFL, while, a real football player in college can go to the MLS, EPL, Serie A, etc. etc. etc.

If you want to compare the NFL to world football, compare how much the World Cup made vs what the NFL makes.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    ok primetime...why dont the rich people in europe play football?

That is where your logic if flawed.
    I don't understand your question...

I just am trying to say that the NFL makes more money because it is in America....a place that has more money....get it?

people in Europe rich/poor don't play football because there is no football...

are thier schools in Europe with football teams?

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Did you even read my post? Obviously not, because if you did, you would understand that I meant if you take away most of the leagues and only give those who want to watch pro football only those 32 teams or so, the amount those squads make will skyrocket.

I didn't know ManU was a country, nor Inter Milan, nor AC Milan, nor Barcelona, etc. etc. etc. Is there a World Cup of Clubs, yes, but the World Cup is ONLY nations.

What does college football have to do with pro sports? Plus, those college players go into the NFL, while, a real football player in college can go to the MLS, EPL, Serie A, etc. etc. etc.

If you want to compare the NFL to world football, compare how much the World Cup made vs what the NFL makes.
    what league are all those teams in???

I seriously don't know....I just found that Forbes article that compares the NFL to World soccer....that is all

are those all the EPL teams?

Well, it probably indicates that, for marketing, America is better than the sum of the other countries.

Saw a basketball once

what league are all those teams in???

I seriously don't know....I just found that Forbes article that compares the NFL to World soccer....that is all

are those all the EPL teams?
    Milan or Barcelona are in England? Are you really THAT dumb?

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Pakalolo
    Milan or Barcelona are in England? Are you really THAT dumb?
    uhhh...did i say they weren't?

NBA Superstar

uhhh...did i say they weren't?
    So you're saying they are?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Out Of Shape
    If we have so much more money than them why is that they always turn their noses up at us like we are a bunch of mostly dumb, uneducated, uncultured rednecks?

Europe has a 9% unemployment rate? Wow. I thought that was just in Germany and France. Combined with that poll that someone posted the other day that has 3 to 4 times as many Americans who are happy with their lives versus the Euros, my view of Europe is really changing.
    who gives a damn ur view is changing
    you ARE the dumb, uneducated, uncultured redneck