Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Mitch Richmond Vs. Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Jakez On Point11
    Just look at how many more people know Reggie than Mitch. Obvious question.
    Yeah and Britney Spears is a better singer than Billie Holiday was.

National High School Star

Only 7 players in the HISTORY of the NBA ever averaged at least 21 points in their first 10 seasons in the NBA. Mitch of one of them...

Mitch was unstoppable when he the ball and posted up...just unstoppable... he wasn't just a guy who could shoot a jumper..you should hear how Micheal Jordan used to talk about Mitch...always ones of the harder guys Jordan played against and MJ's always really really thought highly of his game.

Yeah he didn't do much to win a ring in Los Angeles, but he taught Kobe a lot.... he was Kobes main partner in practice and Kobe used to talk about how much he learned from him... When the Lakers won the title that year, I loved it when Mitch got to play in the final seconds and hit a sweet 20 foot fadeaway in garbage time...then he tripped while backpedaling to go back on defense, LOL. BTW, Shaq had to beg Phil Jackson in the final timeout of that game to convince him to insert Mitch Richmond into the game. I thought that was cool because Mitch had so much respect from the best players in the game.

While Reggie had the better career and will likely get into the HOF much easier than Mitch...Mitch was without much of a doubt, the better player of the two.

A Diamond In the Rough

Good to see that people haven't forgotten about the man!!

When you play on a team where Chris Mullin plays no more than 65 games and Tim Hardaway is the only other option, your team is not going to be that great. The Kings were no different. Mitch was the better overall player, but Reggie had better teammates and was more clutch and had more team success.

The Big Bang

Mitch was better as a player but I would take Reggie over him any day.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Jimi don't applaud my comment. I didn't mean it in a complimentary way.

I think people like you who ignore the obvious solely because one guy was on a better team than another are foolish. Blatant difference in skill-set/skill level shouldn't be negated because one guy played in June while the other guy didn't.

mitch played on the kings.

the kings people. who'se biggest names were brian grant, hurley, williamson, polynice, simmons, owens and tyus edney

Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

If you say Reggie was better defender than Richmond you simply haven't seen enough games from these two to voice your opinion.

Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    mitch played on the kings.

the kings people. who'se biggest names were brian grant, hurley, williamson, polynice, simmons, owens and tyus edney
    Don't forget The Wizard.

why live??

Have Miller and Richmond swap places.

All of a sudden Miller never makes an allstar team and Richmond is thought of in the same breath as Drexler.

Mitch Richmond is a far better player than Miller. All Miller did was hit shots off multiple screens at the highest level. He couldn't guard anyone, was a dirty bastard, and didn't bring much to a team except for shooting and flopping.

Indiana always had far better constructed teams. Over the course of Miller's career he played with Detlef Schrempf, Rik Smits, Mark Jackson, Derreck McKey, Dale Davis, Antonio Davis, Chuck Person, Micheal Williams, Jalen Rose, Jermaine O'Neal, Brad Miller, Ron Artest, Al Harrington, Jamaal Tinsley and Stephen Jackson. A very nice supporting cast at all times. Good defenders and role players generally.

Richmond had what? Brian Grant for a year or too. Wayman Tisdale who couldn't guard anyone. Tim Hardaway i nhs first two years along with prime Chris Mullin (they made the playoffs the 2nd year of TMC). Then all he really had was Walt Williams, Lionel Simmons and Spud Webb. Talk about crap teams.

Made that high school varsity squad ReturnOfJimi's Avatar

Richmond had what? Brian Grant for a year or too. Wayman Tisdale who couldn't guard anyone. Tim Hardaway i nhs first two years along with prime Chris Mullin (they made the playoffs the 2nd year of TMC). Then all he really had was Walt Williams, Lionel Simmons and Spud Webb. Talk about crap teams.
    Yeah... but...

Guys like Trenton Hassell and Derek Fisher are BUMS until they play with Shaq or KG.

So, maybe if Mitch was a true superstar, he'd have made Lionel Simmons and Walt Williams look more like.... Dale Davis and... Derrick McKey (on the absolute tail end of his career) Michael Williams (hey, I had his Skybox card, too, but he was average)

Jamaal Tinsley
    C'mon Ced... Jamaal Tinsley is a bum. Not worth noting, here. I'd take the late Mahmoud Abdul Rauf that Mitch played with over him.

Quote Originally Posted by disco
    If you say Reggie was better defender than Richmond you simply haven't seen enough games from these two to voice your opinion.
    This is true, sadly enough.

Jimi don't applaud my comment. I didn't mean it in a complimentary way.
    I was applauding your comment because..

A) it's true

and

B) it's how it should be

and

C) it's how I like it

Mitch Richmond over Reggie Miller... what a joke.

I remember this one time in a playoff game when Mitch Richmond....

EDIT : I remember this one time in a regular season game when Mitch Richmond....

Last edited by ReturnOfJimi; 08-31-2007 at 05:33 PM.

Didn't Mitch Richmond get traded for fellow legendary superstar Billy Owens?

Honestly, guys... why would the Kings and Warriors both trade this guy rather than build around him?

If he's so good?

The Kings know that they're coming up on some cash soon to build their team.. some good draft picks, etc...

So, they get rid of Mitch to bring in CWebb.

I don't think...

Either guy will ever be in the HOF.

But Reggie will.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Who's the better player and why?
    For me it's Mitch Richmond...one of the most underrated NBA players of all-time.
    easily reggie miller... wtf... lmao at this thread