Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829

Thread: NFL Week 1

Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: NFL Week 1

I forgot about the FF league. Gotta see how i did. Carbine raped me in the trade.
    Don't worry about it - karma came and bit me right in the ass.

I lost by 1 point to poorlilrich. What a ****ing joke that was.

A Diamond In the Rough

On paper SD is the best...how is Indy & NE better exactly?
    SD got like what 11 pro-bowlers on their roster...only reason I think NE are better is because of their QB, head coach and experience...and I have to show respect to the defending champions. (However, I definitely don't think they're better then SD). SD lost a close game to an experienced NE team in the playoffs, the same team Indy couldn't beat until their 4th try I think. SD won 14 games last year and got a lot of young talent who are more mature, I agree with everyone who said..."anything less then a superbowl is a failure for SD"...NE upgraded their roster enough for them to be #1 on my list. I put them above SD because of their coaching staff, Tom Brady and because of their experience.

On paper SD is the best all around team though.
    Last edited by Los Angeles; 09-11-2007 at 02:07 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    SD got like what 11 pro-bowlers on their roster...only reason I think NE are better is because of their QB, head coach and experience...and I have to show respect to the defending champions. (However, I definitely don't think they're better then SD). SD lost a close game to an experienced NE team in the playoffs, the same team Indy couldn't beat until their 4th try I think. SD won 14 games last year and got a lot of young talent who are more mature, I agree with everyone who said..."anything less then a superbowl is a failure for SD"...NE upgraded their roster enough for them to be #1 on my list. I put them above SD because of their coaching staff, Tom Brady and because of their experience.

So they're basically the Suns of the NFL.

A Diamond In the Rough

So they're basically the Suns of the NFL.
    No, they have one of the best defenses in the league.

NBA Superstar

No, they have one of the best defenses in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    The same team that hasn't done anything ever.

*looks at Indy's and NE's roster*

Rivers is overrated as well.

Merriman the best in the league?
    Hasnt done anything ever? Team is coming into its own. Last year they emerged as a legit SB contender. I dont see the big deal with saying the big 3 in the AFC are Indy, NE and SD.

Merriman is a beast.

A Diamond In the Rough

Double Post
    Last edited by Los Angeles; 09-11-2007 at 02:16 PM.

A Diamond In the Rough

What? I said something that's untrue?
    Phoenix are an offensive machine, they lose in the playoffs because of their lack of defense...SD were VERY close to beating NE last year, the same team that gave the toughest challenge to the defending champions.

SD are just starting out...Merrimen, Tomlinson, Rivers, Gates...none of their leaders have been in the league more then 7 years I believe, last year was good experience for them...football isn't basketball, you can be the best team and simply lose a close game every year...SD will win a superbowl in the next 3 years, I have no doubt about it.

NBA Superstar

What? I said something that's untrue?
    Phoenix are an offensive machine, they lose in the playoffs because of their lack of defense...SD were VERY close to beating NE last year, the same team that gave the toughest challenge to the defending champions.

SD are just starting out...Merrimen, Tomlinson, Rivers, Gates...none of their leaders have been in the league more then 7 years I believe, last year was good experience for them...football isn't basketball, you can be the best team and simply lose a close game every year...SD will win a superbowl in the next 3 years, I have no doubt about it.
    You mentioned all of the stars on the team...that's why I compared them to Phoenix, not because of defense....which should have been pretty obvious.

A Diamond In the Rough

You shouldn't have really said nothing in the first place, because it's completely irrelvent.

You should have realize I was bringing the Pro-Bowl arguement in regards to being best on paper...Phoenix are the best team on paper, however comparing their lack of success in the playoffs isn't fair to SD, because SD has all the tools to win a championship, Phoenix desperatly lack defense.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Hasnt done anything ever? Team is coming into its own. Last year they emerged as a legit SB contender. I dont see the big deal with saying the big 3 in the AFC are Indy, NE and SD.

Merriman is a beast.
    I see NE with Brady. I see Indy with Manning. I see SD with Rivers.

I see three teams that have good defenses.

I see three teams that have good to great running backs.

I see Moss. I see Harrison/Wayne. I see Gates.

I see three good to great coaches.

I see Brady. I see Manning. I see Rivers.

Get my point?

A Diamond In the Rough

I see Brady. I see Manning. I see Rivers.
    You forgot to mention the best player in the game...LT!!?!

I see three teams that have good to great running backs.
    I see Tomlinson...and I see two sophmore running backs.

NBA Superstar

You shouldn't have really said nothing in the first place, because it's completely irrelvent.

You should have realize I was bringing the Pro-Bowl arguement in regards to being best on paper...Phoenix are the best team on paper, however comparing their lack of success in the playoffs isn't fair to SD, because SD has all the tools to win a championship, Phoenix desperatly lack defense.
    Phoenix has gotten farther than SD in their respective playoffs....

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

They barely lost to NE...before Moss and Adalius Thomas were added. The Pats have the chance to put out the NFL's best team on both sides of the football. Do you realize that the Pats top receiver from last season (Reche Caldwell) didn't even make the team? The Patriots definitely got better, in fact, much better. The Chargers?

As for Indy, they're the SB Champs, which makes them an automatic #1, and they brought back almost all of the teams real stars. If you can shut down the Saints you've got some d, and everyone knows about that offense.

All SD has is "on paper."

NBA Superstar

You forgot to mention the best player in the game...
    I did. I said they all have good to great running backs.