Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1623242526

Thread: NFL Week 3

A Diamond In the Rough

Default Re: NFL Week 3

Damn, I'm thrilled NO's are struggling, because I'm a Carolina fan. But I'm now sweating Tampa Bay, they're looking really strong right now...I never expected that, I thought they'd be lucky to win 6 games this season. Not sure why exactly, they replaced Simms with Garcia...that's a nice upgrade, and they still have the "D-Fence".

Duece is gone for the season with a torn ACL or something, that's huge...Brees will need to have a huge season for NO's to make the playoffs. What happened to all of their receivers?

A Diamond In the Rough

By the way Glove, I forgot to reply to your post's on Sunday regarding Hall/Smith.

Here's a brief article in regards to Hall's amazing performance, that his own head coach wanted to bench him.

[I]Joey Harrington played arguably the best game of his career, tossing for 361 yards and two touchdowns on Sunday against Carolina. In the end, though, it wasn't enough, as the Panthers beat the Falcons 27-20 in Atlanta. DeAngelo Hall had a bad afternoon, being flagged for three different penalties on one drive that resulted in 67 yards. The penalties were costly, and to be blunt

Quote Originally Posted by dak121
    Brees has fallen off lately. I bet the Titans were playing a cover 2 of some sort tonight. That defensive system is the Saints kryptonite. He hasn't been the same since the NFC championship.
    They werent....Titans were just getting pressure on Brees forcing him to throw before he wanted. The timing was all off. If Brees wasnt throwing before taking a hit or throwing off his back foot he was chased out the pocket and forced to throw on the pass. Saints WRs arent exactly great...Colston is nowhere to be found and i counted atleast 2 balls he should have had.

There wasnt cover 2 on that 4th and 1 pass by Breess that was no where near the WR. Chalk it up to pressure by Titans and bad playcalling. Albert Haynesworth caused havoc up the gut and Bulluck just roamed the field taking advantage of the pressure on Brees by jumping in his lanes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCY
    Deep ball on 4th and 1 from your own territory? What the hell? Leads to a TD. Maybe DON was right, this team looks piss poor.
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]When is DON ever wrong?[/FONT]

wow DON, you were right on about the Saints.......