Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast

Default Re: The Top 100 Greatest NBA Players Of All Time According To ISH

Kobe's got 24 (jersey number) :)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    Hey stupid there was a reason he wasnt getting the min. with orlando he didnt deserve them but hey dummy before he went to Orlando he was with the bullets where he was again a below avg center just like he was with the Bulls the Cavs and the magic i see a pattern he's below avg with every team except the pistons which also didnt really lose much since Big Bum left
    Actually i'd say BBW is doing pretty good for the Cavs this year. He isn't asked to do very much, but he is their defensive anchor and shuts down the opposition PF when asked to.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Even if you are a fan of another team in the NBA. I think you should give some appreciation to Ben Wallace because he can play in any era, and he would still be a rebounding machine.

He's the closest thing to a Prime Dennis Rodman, who was regarded as one of the greatest defender in NBA History.

I dont think there is any question that Ben was a old school center but as a player he wasnt better than Bill laimbeer Bobby Jones or mark Aguirre. IF you look at Bens career none of the Pistons benifited more than him. Every other player game was on equal while they were on other teams Bens performance drops drastically when on other teams.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1
    Actually i'd say BBW is doing pretty good for the Cavs this year. He isn't asked to do very much, but he is their defensive anchor and shuts down the opposition PF when asked to.

granted he is in the twilight of his career but he's no where near playing at an all star level like he did when he was surround by players that covered up for his weakness.

Banned

granted he is in the twilight of his career but he's no where near playing at an all star level like he did when he was surround by players that covered up for his weakness.
    No I agree. He is playing good D this year though, and I think he really is enjoying that 14.5 that he is being paid. If he was on a 8 a year deal it would be worth it.

Washed up streetballer ACCBaller1403's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KB42PAH
    -Poor, unfundamental jumpshot mechanics (KB = perfect jumpshot)
    -A defensive liability (only plays 1 side of the floor, unlike KB who is 9 time defensive member)
    -Slow foot speed, quickness (no where near KB)
    -His finish ability around the rim is no where near kobe
    1. who cares what's fundamental or not when the shot goes in more than your peers. Peja's shot is ugly as hell and he's still one of the greatest shooters in the game. And Kobe's jumper is not perfect considering he fades on every shot whether it's needed or not. He can make it so its not a fault but it's not fundamental either.
    2. Bird was also on all defensive teams...AND Kobe's all D team nominations are SOOOO overrated due to media groupthink of him being an all world defender. If he was so good they wouldn't hide him on pathetic offensive players in the playoffs.
    3. You're comparing the foot speed of a 6 foot 10 guy against that of a 6 foot 6? No sh*t he's got better foot speed. By this logic, Bird's a better rebounder...disregard the fact that he's taller. Also, Bird's foot speed may not have been the greatest but he had some of the quickest hands of all time in the NBA. He covered his faults if he had any and actually turned them into strengths.
    4. You're talking out of your ass so much here. Bird was a better shooter and better finisher than Kobe. Bird created so many great finishes. Most creative player of all time (Magic and Jordan are up there as well). Seriously, look on youtube to start. Then watch some games. Get knowledgable.

-Lacked a 3 point shot and the finish ability of KB. Lacked the killer instinct, clutchness, off-hand abilites of Kobe as well.
    Jordan lacked killer instinct?! That's what made him the greatest of all time! Without that he's Vince. It what drove him to dominate everything with a heartbeat and not stop until he did. Clutchness, he's far far far better as well. Kobe, despite the media hype, is not the greatest clutch player around. Good, but not great.

-West? Please tell me thats a joke. He had no off-hand, not a great finisher around rim ( compared to KB), nowhere as good defensively.
    No joke. Where's the joke? West was clutcher and a better shooter while being no slouch on the defensive end either. And what is this finishing around the rim nonsense you keep bringing up? West didn't dunk so he's not a great finisher? Children...

-Jordan is the only one thats in same boat as kobe skill wise.

Kobe vs. Jordan (Skil wise)

Kobe: Better shooter ( Midrange, Longrange), Better Ball-handler, Better scorer, better off-hand, better killer-instinct, better passer, better playmaker

Jordan: Smarter player, better inside player, better post player, more consistent defensively.
    I don't want to hate on Kobe, he gets far more than his fair share on this site, but you are forcing people to dislike him. Jordan was a better midrange shooter, not as good long range, but developed it throughout his career and posted percentages oftentimes higher than Kobe's (in less attempts, granted). I'll give you the ball handler, but not the off hand, killer instinct, passing, playmaking and ESPECIALLY NOT scoring. Kobe scores 81 and people think he's the greatest scorer in history. Not the case. Jordan was consistently a better scorer in the regular season and in the playoffs (including the finals...Kobe...).

Banned

Hey stupid there was a reason he wasnt getting the min. with orlando he didnt deserve them but hey dummy before he went to Orlando he was with the bullets where he was again a below avg center just like he was with the Bulls the Cavs and the magic i see a pattern he's below avg with every team except the pistons which also didnt really lose much since Big Bum left

Now you are just acting immature. Since it is obvious you have understanding of a player's prime, nor athletic progression (thinking Russel could compete with today's players), there is no point arguing with you.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather

Now you are just acting immature. Since it is obvious you have understanding of a player's prime, nor athletic progression (thinking Russel could compete with today's players), there is no point arguing with you.
    This is why you cant get it . Sure like everything else players today are bigger more athletic and if russ was born in 1983 and not 1930's he would be bigger stronger and with the skills that he had would be even better. Same with Wilt But no player dominated there peers like Russ and Wilt did. Thats all you can compare how did they do against there peers.

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Russell 11 titles and 2 NCAA Titles
    Hakeem didnt win a title until Jordan was out the league
    Robinson could never lead his team to a finals until Duncan can and took over the team
    Shaq is just another version of Wilt and we all know how many times Russ lead his team over Wilt.
    Ewing patterend his game after Russ being coach by John Thompson who played with Russ.

ITs funny how you want to say Russ played with 7 HOF and even a HOF coach but he is the only player /coach that was on all 11 title teams.
    Find any news article or player or coach that has seen Russ play and show me one that has him ranked lower than a top 5 center.
    Maybe you have a problem that he did everything Barkley couldnt lead his teams to Championships.

@ Gilbert Arenas being one of the candidates as the No.101 player in NBA franchise history. He's just a team cancer who leads his team to a worse record than it could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    @ Gilbert Arenas being one of the candidates as the No.101 player in NBA franchise history. He's just a team cancer who leads his team to a worse record than it could have been.
    Of the 3,850 posts you've made, I don't think you've submitted a SINGLE post that was informative or contributed to the topic in a meaningful way. All of your posts are negative, often times absurd, criticisms about other players. Get the f*ck out of here man, seriously.

Good college starter

Being a Wizzards Fan I know this is the farthest from the truth. Our team misses Gil and his floor play. Carron Butler is a better player with Gil on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by w00terz
    Of the 3,850 posts you've made, I don't think you've submitted a SINGLE post that was informative or contributed to the topic in a meaningful way. All of your posts are negative, often times absurd, criticisms about other players. Get the f*ck out of here man, seriously.
    I'm sorry but is there anything wrong to reveal the truth?

Being a Wizzards Fan I know this is the farthest from the truth. Our team misses Gil and his floor play. Carron Butler is a better player with Gil on the floor.
    No, you're wrong. As far as I remember in the play-off series between the Wizards and Cavaliers, the Wizards won two games without Arenas, but lost all the rest of four games with him in the squad.
    Last edited by Kiddlovesnets; 12-03-2008 at 11:37 AM.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

always fun to look at the past...

kinda funny to see that this threasd was bumped just like a month ago and read all the newer comments...

some ridiculous...

I wonder how much this would change if we did it again...

I'm sorry but is there anything wrong to reveal the truth?

No, you're wrong. As far as I remember in the play-off series between the Wizards and Cavaliers, the Wizards won two games without Arenas, but lost all the rest of four games with him in the squad.