Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    you know honestly hotsizzle...

if this is what it takes to send the drama away then so be it... i'm just so tired of the BS that seems to constantly surround kobe...
    be it the shaq feud or the one with phil. the colorado deal... malone and i'm sure i forgot something else... the guy just has too much drama around him and if this is what it takes to get everyone back on track then let's go, in the words of kobe "ship his ass out of here"
    haha, i was just having a conversation about this very subject with my dad about an hour ago! i agree... and I am a Laker fan over being the fan of any one player!

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Kobe to the Bulls is a pipe dream. The absolute LAST thing John Paxson will do is part with Deng and the mere thought of him giving up his 2 best players(Deng and Gordon) for Kobe is even more laughable. Kobe is not coming to Chicago.

Also, watch out for Deng this season. He's a legit Top 10 player in the making given his incredible work ethic and the MANY improvements he made in his game this offseason.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    haha, i was just having a conversation about this very subject with my dad about an hour ago! i agree... and I am a Laker fan over being the fan of any one player!

well you know i'm a laker fan first too and as much as i'd love to have kobe be here until he retires and see his jersey next to the others someday...

but there just comes a time when as a fan you ask is this constant BS worth it? no it's not at least for me, after all, it's not like the team is winning with him, and i realize that it's not his fault entirely if at all, but if they can't make him happy and they can't win with him lets do something else eh?

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Kobe to the Bulls is a pipe dream. The absolute LAST thing John Paxson will do is part with Deng and the mere thought of him giving up his 2 best players(Deng and Gordon) for Kobe is even more laughable. Kobe is not coming to Chicago.

Also, watch out for Deng this season. He's a legit Top 10 player in the making given his incredible work ethic and the MANY improvements he made in his game this offseason.
    This is funny on many levels.
    1st. Hinrich is the best player on that team.
    2nd. Deng is no where near top-10 in this league, no where near top 10 in the east...not even top-10 forward.

Superstar

New Article:

[QUOTE]Friday, October 12, 2007
    Lakers focus on unity, winning

Jerry Buss' comments about trading Kobe Bryant caused some fireworks, but the Lakers so far aren't taking their eyes off the ball to watch them.

By KEVIN DING The Orange County Register

HONOLULU
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 10-12-2007 at 08:30 PM.

Superstar

^seems to me that Buss is trying to put out the fire he started.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    This is funny on many levels.
    1st. Hinrich is the best player on that team.
    You won't find a single Bulls fan who'll agree with you on that one. Kirk was the team's best player for a period but that all changed last season. Deng is now the undisputed best player on the team. Most will pick BG for 2nd. Skiles and Paxson also consider Deng and BG the 2 best players on the team.

I've noticed though that most non Bulls fans seem to think Kirk's the team's player. I've frankly never understood what that's based on. He doesn't have the best numbers and if it was a question of whose absence would hurt Bulls the most, nobody whose followed the team consistently will pick Kirk. He's not the MVP of the team. Not the most talented and not the most productive. What he IS is a very very solid player and a BIG part of what makes the Bulls one of East's best.

2nd. Deng is no where near top-10 in this league, no where near top 10 in the east...not even top-10 forward.
    Never said he's Top 10. But he's got the POTENTIAL to be one(he's only 22 + has a terrific work ethic). I know the Top 10 will sound silly now but Deng's added A LOT to his game during the offseason. That's why I said to watch out for him this year.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 10-12-2007 at 08:31 PM.

I pooped a hammer.

2nd. Deng is not even top-10 forward.
    Yeah he is.
    1. Duncan
    2. LeBron
    3. Garnett
    4a. Carmelo
    4b. Paul Pierce
    6. Shawn Marion

Those are the only forwards undisputedly better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingBull33
    Yeah he is.
    1. Duncan
    2. LeBron
    3. Garnett
    4a. Carmelo
    4b. Paul Pierce
    6. Shawn Marion

Those are the only forwards undisputedly better than him.
    Boozer
    Amare
    Brand
    Dirk
    Gasol
    DHoward
    Bosh
    Gerald Wallace
    TMac (he is listed as SF)

Those are all definately better. Here are others that MAY be debateable:
    Paul Pierce
    Zach
    AlJeff
    Caron Butler
    Odom
    Josh Smith
    Jermaine Oneal
    Okafor
    Rashard Lewis

and that's just off the top of my head.

I pooped a hammer.

Boozer
    Amare
    Brand
    Dirk
    Gasol
    DHoward
    Bosh
    Gerald Wallace
    TMac (he is listed as SF)

Those are all definately better. Here are others that MAY be debateable:
    Paul Pierce
    Zach
    AlJeff
    Caron Butler
    Odom
    Josh Smith
    Jermaine Oneal
    Okafor
    Rashard Lewis

and that's just off the top of my head.
    Sh*t, i can;t believe i forgot about all those people. My bad, haha. I still consider Deng better than Rashard, Zach, Caron, Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace, and on the same tier as Jermaine O'neil. I considered Okafor and Dwight Centers.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingBull33
    Sh*t, i can;t believe i forgot about all those people. My bad, haha. I still consider Deng better than Rashard, Zach, Caron, Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace, and on the same tier as Jermaine O'neil. I considered Okafor and Dwight Centers.
    well, Deng is still very young and can still evolve into a great player...otherwise, I would not be demanding that my Lakers somehow get him in the trade.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    ^seems to me that Buss is trying to put out the fire he started.

What drama happens in LA, that drama lives forever. So Buss can't put out his own fire.

If the bulls could get Kobe for Gordon/Deng/(Noah or Thomas) they'd be fools not to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Dallas offered Jason Terry and Josh Howard for him but that was rejected by Buss after a few days of thinking about it.
    Kobe to Dallas with Dirk? I would love to see that happen.

The typical overrating of Kobe in this thread is nauseating. I hope he does go to another team so all of this "but but his team sucks" stuff can stop. Though when he fails to lead Chicago anywhere, you can bet these people will STILL have excuses (he was injured, the rape trial, the team isn't built around him, the dog ate my homeword, etc.)