Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    The typical overrating of Kobe in this thread is nauseating. I hope he does go to another team so all of this "but but his team sucks" stuff can stop. Though when he fails to lead Chicago anywhere, you can bet these people will STILL have excuses (he was injured, the rape trial, the team isn't built around him, the dog ate my homeword, etc.)
    my dog ate my homeword too

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Bucher on ESPN: Kobe would like to be traded now if Lakers are considering it

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    ^seems to me that Buss is trying to put out the fire he started.
    actually he said that during the same interview that was first reported by the time, register and the riverside paper...it just didn't appear in the times article...

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    actually he said that during the same interview that was first reported by the time, register and the riverside paper...it just didn't appear in the times article...
    weird, so he said that during the interview? haha so what is his exact position on this then? Why tell the public that he considers trading Kobe and put the team's chemistry in jeopardy when he still believes this team can win as is. I wish there was a video of this interview or something.

shhhhhhh

Why tell the public that he considers trading Kobe when he still believes this team can win as is.
    Because Kobe demanded a trade, a demand he has yet to recant... if kobe were to come out and say i don't want to be traded, i'm not gonna walk in two years then buss never says a word..but because kobe dodged the question all summer and all he would say is "the lakers know where i stand" which is that he wants a trade...

Superstar

Because Kobe demanded a trade, a demand he has yet to recant... if kobe were to come out and say i don't want to be traded, i'm not gonna walk in two years then buss never says a word..but because kobe dodged the question all summer and all he would say is "the lakers know where i stand" which is that he wants a trade...
    Why let it out though? If he considers trading Kobe, why not behind closed doors. Isnt that what Kobe and Laker management agreed on, keeping it private? I understand him considering trading Kobe since Kobe wants out but if he really believes that this team can win as is, why bring the distractions/negative media, etc. onto it? Why not let this team play and see where they go and he can consider all trade possibilities privately. Unless of course, theres a hidden meaning behind it, like you said.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Why let it out though? If he considers trading Kobe, why not behind closed doors. Isnt that what Kobe and Laker management agreed on, keeping it private? I understand him considering trading Kobe since Kobe wants out but if he really believes that this team can win as is, why bring the distractions/negative media, etc. onto it? Why not let this team play and see where they go and he can consider all trade possibilities privately. Unless of course, theres a hidden meaning behind it, like you said.
    well the only meaning is "that i'm the boss, i pay you and your not untouchable" what sparked it? we'll maybe never know, maybe there's something going on behind the scenes maybe something has been said to buss or got back to him... who know's? lets be honest kobe is not above reproach when it comes to dealings and his agent is maybe one of the biggest worms out there...lol

and as i said earlier, buss no matter what has always, always publicly stood behind kobe 100% no matter what and he backed kobe over any other personality on the team and continued to do so even after kobe demanded the trade, so this sudden change is telling me at least something has gone down to change that opinon...

Intelligent fan

You bet your ass that if the Lakers are doing horrible, Kobe is gone by the deadline.

Not airballing my layups anymore ThePrince's Avatar

Curry Crawford Robinson and/or Lee for Kobe
    i don't care imagine what that wuld do for NY if Kobe was on the Knicks
    Marbury
    Kobe
    Richardson
    Randolph
    Who the **** ever

not too bad (still bad on defense of course, but super entertaining)

but too bad it wont happen

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    You bet your ass that if the Lakers are doing horrible, Kobe is gone by the deadline.
    Actually, I'd rather see them make a trade sooner than later. If the Lakers are doing horribly this season, which we all anticipate, the Lakers would have better trade leverage now then when they are choking the season and desperate to make a move. To get max value, I say you pull the trigger now. Put that p*ssy GM to work Mr. Buss....

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    This is funny on many levels.
    1st. Hinrich is the best player on that team.
    2nd. Deng is no where near top-10 in this league, no where near top 10 in the east...not even top-10 forward.
    Correct on ALL fronts. This man knows his basketball. Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Correct on ALL fronts. This man knows his basketball. Respect.
    He's glossed the "GM" just so you know... and he knows the game well. He'd probably do a better job than Kupchak! lol

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by BULLS
    On the same tier as Jermaine O'Neal? A legit 20/10/2.5 star?

Better than Zach Randolph? No way in hell. :
    Deng is a good player... Maybe a Glenn Robinson with alittle bit better rebounding, but I don't think he's as good as a healthy Jermaine O'Neal.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    Actually, I'd rather see them make a trade sooner than later. If the Lakers are doing horribly this season, which we all anticipate, the Lakers would have better trade leverage now then when they are choking the season and desperate to make a move. To get max value, I say you pull the trigger now. Put that p*ssy GM to work Mr. Buss....

i agree with most points but do you really think they'll do that bad? i dn't see them as setting the world on fire but i can see 50 wins if they stay healthy...

i agree with most points but do you really think they'll do that bad? i dn't see them as setting the world on fire but i can see 50 wins if they stay healthy...
    My gut is that there is enough distraction to put this team at 42-40 right now as the team currently stands... one and done in the playoffs at best. But you know me, I have been wrong before!

I have never seen so many people underrate the bulls and their players as much you guys. The Luol Deng bashing is comical. I mean why the hell do you think every single team that tries to trade with the Bulls demands Deng be involved??? Because he is a 22 year old rising all-star. I guarantee he is an all-star this year. Josh Howard was an all-star last year averaging 18.9 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.8 apg, 1.2 spg, shooting 46% from the field and 82% from the line. Compare that to Deng's 18.8 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.2 spg and 52% from the field and 78% from the line. Same stats and Luol's are actually better, Luol is 22 and Howard is 27, and Howard has Dirk playing next to him unlike Lu having a superstar to play with. Compare Rip Hamilton and Luol's stats, Luols are better and he is was an all-star too. Luol Deng will be an all-star this year for sure. The bulls will have atleast one all-star this year it will be Deng.

Trading Deng, Gordon, and Thomas is suicide for Paxson, he would never think it. Anyone who trashes Paxson blatently denies the reality of what he has done for the Bulls since coming into power in 2003. He has built this team with hard work over 4 years now weeding out the guys who don't have the team first-overachieve-winning is everything mindset. Keep hating it up on Deng, Gordon, Hinrich, ****, anyone on the Bulls. It makes the thrill of victory and success even greater for true Bulls fans who read this whole post and read about people who don't even watch the Bulls play year round or even a quarter of their games. I love how Bulls likes to talk an infinite amount of **** about Deng for atleast the last 6 months, talk mad **** about not trading Deng to Memphis for Gasol, then completely contradicting everything he has said by saying it would be stupid to trade Deng to Memphis because Deng will tearing it up at age 25 in memphis. It's all one big joke anyway. No true Bulls fan in Chicago wants Kobe on the team if meant Deng,Gordon, and Thomas. Hey go ahead and hate but Luol Deng has so much promise, work ethic, and natural ability that I wouldn't trade him to La for Kobe period. Kobe Bryant has torn the only orginization he has ever known apart on multiple occasions all maxing out this summer. The Bulls have great odds at competing for multiple chips with their team now with unselfish players who combine to be stronger than 1 dude who gives NBA superstars a bad name after how he has handled himself this summer. Paxson will do whats right and needed when the time comes. Begin the hatefest, it only makes what I'm saying ring louder, later, when it all happens and you guys are still trying to get an autographed Kobe Bryant pubic hair.

Bulls 08 EC Champs

KB24 D Riders = Fa ggits

Luol Deng 08 all-star