Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Hapoel Jerusalem upset Maccabi to retain the cup and Maccabi fans are already calling for Sherf's dismissal. It isn't like Maccabi is mediocre, maccabi has improved a lot during the season and are now really good. Hapoel Jerusalem struggled in the midpoint of the season but are now looking really good and to be honest all the bsl is underrated and are really good. Jamie Arnold was the mvp of the game and he will never get his chance to play in the nba again but he could. Omri Casspi looked good and if he played more he would be the best at 19 in europe and maybe more but maccabi understandably doesn't want to put their fortune with a teenager but he's going to be huge in the euroleague or in the nba.

If you want to view the game over the net here is a link
    Last edited by b.jerk; 02-08-2008 at 03:57 AM.

Banned

isreal needs to check itself. america's youth has woken up and we know about the rothschilds.

Quote Originally Posted by final.wrath
    isreal needs to check itself. america's youth has woken up and we know about the rothschilds.
    Please enlighten me

Maccabi looked really good today and better than any team in the acb now but I have to ask the question why didn't Omri Casspi play more? He may not have developed earlier in the year but he's got the too big and too good to be stopped quality to him. With him Maccabi's got the chance to get lucky and pull an upset in the big games later on.

Hapoel Jerusalem and Maccabi played today, some would call it a rivalry but until Hapoel Jerusalem wins the championship I won't consider the matchup a rivalry. Omri Casspi and Lior Eliyahu seemed to get along well and have a nice conversation with the management and coach of Hapoel Jerusalem and it would be a disaster for Maccabi if either of them left.

Hapoel Jerusalem was blew out in the fourth quarter by Besiktas Turka, Hapoel Jerusalem didn't get the calls but they still need to perform regardless. The israeli coaches need to be held accountable for their team choking and player not performing consistently.

Surprisingly, Maccabi lost again domestically.

Oded Kattash is returning as coach of Galil Elyon, I kinda of feel bad for him since he was responsible for many of the successful signings of Maccabi Tel Aviv including Terrance Morris and it wasn't his fault maccabi didn't jell as early as they should of. He wouldn't of been better off staying at Galil Elyon and leading them in the ULEB but now Galil Elyon is no longer qualified for the uleb and he has to start from scratch again. I think he'll be successful since he knows how to develop raw talent with ability and that raw talent is plentiful where he is.

Hapoel Holon upset Maccabi Tel Aviv today, I got three thoughts. Morris was great but even his best game wasn't good enough for a win and if Maccabi losses key players next year could be a disaster for maccabi. I want to compliment Maccabi's management for still believing in David Blumenthal after losing maccabi 10+ games most teams would bench him or release him but maccabi has faith in Blumenthal, his complete game and his defense. Casspi has as much talent as everyone else but he isn't ready for the nba, he only took eight shots today and someone with his natural talent should be taking at least 15. Maccabi has too much scoring potential for him to get 20 shots a game consistently but physically and skill wise he has everything but he needs to learn how to get and manage more shots for a game, the great players in the nba usually manage 30 shots a game but they can manage 35-40 shots per game and sometimes even more.

Learning to shoot layups

Not an upset. Hapoel Holon today is as good as Maccabi.
    I'm not sure who would win in a series between the two.

It's only my opinion, maccabi is the most talented team in israel because they made it to the euroleague final four and that's something Hapoel Holon couldn't do. With that said I also have the opinion that the management of maccabi incompetence has been masked because they were the only team with a real budget and stadium in israel and now that other teams are making some revenue things are going to change.

I want to congratulate maccabi's leadership and their belief in David Blumenthal, it is obvious that maccabi is in control and are free from doubt of their ability over their domestic rivals.

It looks like Hapoel Jerusalem will finally get their euroleague stadium, construction will start in two weeks and will seat 5,700 people with the option of further construction seating 10,000 people

Maccabi lost again and they are 1 out 5 for their last domestic games and maccabi was lucky to get that win. Congratulations to David Blumenthal he was his usual self in the fourth quarter 0 points in 15 minutes. What can I say Oded Kattash is the better coach.