Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Atheists.

& got a triple-double BTrujillo's Avatar

Default Re: Atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    1. I'm not atheist

2. It's not that i DONT believe in God, it's that i don't CARE if God exists or not. I live my life the way i know I'm supposed to live my life, by helping others when they need it and doing what i can to make the world a better place. No I don't do it because i'll be rewarded with a better afterlife, i do it because it's the right thing to do. If that makes me evil in your eyes then i guess I'm evil and going to hell, but in my opinion I'm a much better person for doing good for the benefit of others as opposed you doing good for your own eternal benefit. I don't need God's motivation to be good.

But yeah you're weird...

Banned

You don't believe in God because you've been corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieCurry
    You don't believe in God because you've been corrupted.
    to each their own... I would be more inclined to say you believe in God because you have been corrupted...burden of proof is on you...and there is none... but i guess adults need imaginary things to believe in also

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BTrujillo
    to each their own... I would be more inclined to say you believe in God because you have been corrupted...burden of proof is on you...and there is none... but i guess adults need imaginary things to believe in also
    what happens to you when you flat-line in a hospital and live:

Near Death Experiences

Characteristics

The content of near death experiences may vary by culture [12]. Children, who typically do not have enough time to develop strongly towards one faith, had very limited NDEs. Examples of this include a boy simply having talked to his brother in his NDE and a daughter having a conversation with her mother.[13][14] The phenomenology of an NDE usually includes physiological, psychological and alleged transcendental aspects.[15] Typically, the experience follows a distinct progression:[10][16][17]

1. A very unpleasant sound/noise is the first sensory impression to be noticed (R. Moody: Life after Life);
    2. A sense of being dead;
    3. Pleasant emotions; calmness and serenity;
    4. An out-of-body experience; a sensation of floating above one's own body and seeing the surrounding area;
    5. Floating up a blue tunnel with a strong, bright light or garden at the end;
    6. Meeting deceased relatives or spiritual figures;
    7. Encountering a being of light, or a light (often interpreted as being the deity or deities they personally believe in);
    8. Being given a life review (the "life-flashing-before-your-eyes" phenomenon);
    9. Reaching a border or boundary;
    10. A feeling of being returned to the body, often accompanied by a reluctance.
    11. Feeling of warmth even though naked.

it isn't proof, but it is legit evidence, and with the thousands of people that have stories like this it would enough eye witness testomony for a Judge to rule that a higher power does exist...

Banned

I know for a FACT that God exists due to the supernatural experiences I've had. Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant, you will find out the truth when you die, but hopefully you find it out before you do, for your sake......
    Last edited by ReggieCurry; 05-18-2009 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    it isn't proof, but it is legit evidence, and with the thousands of people that have stories like this it would enough eye witness testomony for a Judge to rule that a higher power does exist...
    Sounds like a perfect way to say God exists without having to actually prove it with legit evidence... how do you argue with that? so then I assume you believe in aliens also... and that a "judge" would have to rule that they exist? Do encounters with aliens also count as supernatural encounters?

But whatever... if your belief in God makes you a better person... than more power to you... just recognize that the lack of belief does not negate someone from also being a good person

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

the bible is ****ing retarded. and how can you believe you can cross your hands and talk to this guy floating somewhere between the sky and space.

Sounds like a perfect way to say God exists without having to actually prove it with legit evidence... how do you argue with that? so then I assume you believe in aliens also... and that a "judge" would have to rule that they exist? Do encounters with aliens also count as supernatural encounters?

But whatever... if your belief in God makes you a better person... than more power to you... just recognize that the lack of belief does not negate someone from also being a good person
    but people who claim to see Aliens and ghosts don't have to LITERALLY DIE IN A HOSPITAL!!!

people who have NDEs flat-line...they have died and lived to talk about it

it isn't like they are just out to seek attention...

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    the bible is ****ing retarded. and how can you believe you can cross your hands and talk to this guy floating somewhere between the sky and space.
    LOL has nothing to do with sky and space. Pointing upwards or looking upwards is just a traditional thing since the days of Moses. God, spirituality is everywhere. It all comes down to faith and a firm belief that we are not just here by chance, but by choice.
    Last edited by PistolPete; 05-18-2009 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete
    LOL has nothing to do with sky and space. Pointing upwards or looking upwards is just a traditional thing since the days of Moses. God, spirituality is everywhere. It all comes down to faith and a firm believe that we are not just here by chance, but by choice.
    I believe this as well...although I am agnostic, I am an agnostist-thiest

after reading a ton of NDE stories I also believe that we have choosen our own lives here...and we created this universe/science as a school to learn and grow spiritually...

and alot of people look down when they pray, or just close their eyes...

how you pray doesn't matter I don't think, it is what/who you pray for...in fact praying itself may not matter, but rather how you feel inside.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I'm religious unaffiliated and things seem to be going pretty well. Maybe if I prayed to god I would start getting some *****.

Im converted LDS, and after a good eight years of looking for god ive decided that god doesnt care about religion as much as people want you to believe. If anything, he cares that you do your very best to be a good as you can because everybody has a personal and not a universal measuring stick. That being said, the Mormons are right... jus sayin

You dont have to believe in god... he believes in you

/FG20ReligiousPhaze

I certainly did not choose this life though. I must've scorned some S.O.B. in a previous life to give me the bad luck I have in this one.

But I continue to have faith

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete
    I certainly did not choose this life though. I must've scorned some S.O.B. in a previous life to give me the bad luck I have in this one.

But I continue to have faith
    If your sitting in front of a computer right now instead of jail bars or a hospital ER room then I wouldn't complain too much...

I have a feeling that the lives that struggle the most are the spirits that need to grow the most...or it could be the least...

If you spend your life chasing money and material things and women and constantly trying to please no one but yourself then I believe that is a life that is wasted...