Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheists.

Default Re: Atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech
    no no hey COME ONN!!! answer the question.

here's a crazy view:

God... is a dinosaur.

he created dinosaurs, in his image, and then after a couple million years of watching them eat eachother he decided... 'eating others is a sin' but the dino's were too dumb to do anything else...

so, he wiped them out, BOOM, and started thinking why the dino's ate each other. and he had an epiphany (sp?) dino's can't make themselves food, they got no hands!

so he made a being with hands, and made them smaller than dinosaurs too... so he could fit more of them on the planet.

now... if i came up with this a 2 thousand years ago, wrote it down in a book and put 'bible' on it...

whats the difference?

where does it say in the Bible that there are no U.F.O.s and there are
    no Dinosaurs.

Never understood the Evolution debate.

You either search for the truth or you don't.

It's up to you what you think is Bull $hit or not.

You say don't throw your beliefs on me?... Well don't talk $hit about mine.

I Never talked $hit about any religous or spiritual beliefs except atheisim,
    and Satan Worship.... and Scientology if it counts.

I'll talk $hit about religous institutions all day... Because my church
    is inside of my own temple (my body).

If people want to send thier children to get raped by Father John while they
    confess everything evil in thier life, and hail the Pope like he's Jesus himself... then talk bad about that.

Leave the Bible alone for another thread... I got some problems with that too... but not willing to discuss right now.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Randy
    Wrong.

God has to be all loving otherwise said being is not God.

Fact. Sorry, Charlie.
    Who told you that? The religious people you pay no attention to?:

NBA sixth man of the year

Do they not offer Philosophy at canadian universities or what?

The fact that you are trying to argue otherwise only shows your ignorance in the god argument.

NBA Superstar

Do they not offer Philosophy at canadian universities or what?

The fact that you are trying to argue otherwise only shows your ignorance in the god argument.
    You sure do know a lot about God. I always knew you were Pat Robertson trying to give a bad name to atheism.:

Oh, and in Canada we have things called majors and minors. You'd be suprised to learn that philosophy was not my major or my minor.

Think about this guys.

Humans can understand things that animals can only dream of knowing. Animal's minds just can't comprehend some of the things that humans can understand easily... Humans believe that, because they are the most intelligent creatures on earth, they are somehow immune to the "can't comprehend" rule. We just assume that, because we are far superior in knowledge than every other creature, everything that there is to know in the world can be known by us. It's this flawed thinking that leads so many people to reject God without even considering the possibility of there being one...

I believe in God. But I also completely understand why some people have a hard time believing in his existence. I think that believing in God can only be possible though if people admit that there are things in the world that we just can't comprehend.

High School Varsity 6th Man apriorist's Avatar

Where did god come from then? Please answer throughly.
    Something can't come from nothing only within the bounds of science.

Local High School Star The Answer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mewwem22
    Think about this guys.

Humans can understand things that animals can only dream of knowing. Animal's minds just can't comprehend some of the things that humans can understand easily... Humans believe that, because they are the most intelligent creatures on earth, they are somehow immune to the "can't comprehend" rule. We just assume that, because we are far superior in knowledge than every other creature, everything that there is to know in the world can be known by us. It's this flawed thinking that leads so many people to reject God without even considering the possibility of there being one...

I believe in God. But I also completely understand why some people have a hard time believing in his existence. I think that believing in God can only be possible though if people admit that there are things in the world that we just can't comprehend.
    Why would god make his existance incomprehensible to us?

Quote Originally Posted by The Answer
    I have no problem with theists as long as they acknowledge their beliefs are based in faith. People like Superboy, however, adhere to this notion that it is a logical fact that god exists. This is simply not true.
    Not exactly. It could be a fact that God exits, but I agree that God can't be proven scientifically.

Quote Originally Posted by apriorist
    Something can't come from nothing only within the bounds of science.
    Why? If god can be infinite, why can't the universe?

Quote Originally Posted by SCY
    Why does this "something" necessarily have to be a creator, or specifically the Christian God? I'd consider myself an agnostic, but I strongly believe that there are too many contradictions in play for an omnicient, omnibenevolent, omnipotent being to exist. And if I'm wrong, it's God's fault, not mine.
    What contradictions? Maybe you mean the "unmoved mover" (i.e., "first cause") contraction. My answer is that- I believe- that God exists outside of human logic (or time, or material space, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
    Dinosaurs?

Who gives a $hit about Dinosaurs...

Does a man have a soul... yes or no?
    : Good answer, Doomsday. Now if you could just be this rational when it comes to 9/11.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    You sure do know a lot about God.

Philosophy of Religion classes will do that for ya.

I know about the concepts of God. It's impossible to know about god, if such a thing exists that is.

Oh, and in Canada we have things called majors and minors. You'd be suprised to learn that philosophy was not my major or my minor.
    Nor mine.

Quote Originally Posted by apriorist
    What contradictions? Maybe you mean the "unmoved mover" (i.e., "first cause") contraction. My answer is that- I believe- that God exists outside of human logic (or time, or material space, etc).
    A bigger contradiction is the problem of evil. It bases it's conclusion on a few premises. First, god is omnipotent (all-powerful) and omnibenevolent (perfectly good). Secondly, is that an omnibenevolent being is opposed to evil. Third, is that, as a being that that despises evil and has the power to destroy it (based on his omnipotence), evil can't exist. Obviously, evil and suffering do exist, however. This presents a contradicition. One of the premises is false. Either god doesn't exist or is not omnipotent/omnibenevolent, which is contrary to the very definition of god.
    Last edited by The Answer; 04-24-2008 at 11:49 PM.

Put yr guns up

That's possible, but I just don't believe it. And if God wants to send me to hell for creating me that way, he sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Answer
    Why? If god can be infinite, why can't the universe?
    So you're saying the blob of mass that existed before the Big Bang was just sitting there for an infinite amount of time and then exploded (for no reason) into everything that exists today? Do you honestly believe that's what happened?