Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Default A question regarding the Bible and God that nobody ever answers...

It's been asked countless times, and i'm gonna present that question here again to see if any believer in Christ wants to step forward and answer it.

These are the 10 commandments:

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
    And there are many examples of God killing in the Bible. So why does he have permission to break that commandment? Because he's God and he can kill at his own discretion? And how do we have "free will" if the bottom line is "choose me or choose death"

And.. Found this from a google search:

[QUOTE] For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of

iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

Default Re: A question regarding the Bible and God that nobody ever answers...

he's god. do rules govern over god or does god govern over rules? i'm pretty sure it's the latter. but you're right, it doesn't make sense how people could be killed for the littlest thing in the bible. for instance, while they were transporting the ark of the covenant to another temple, god told them, "don't touch the ark." so they got 2 sticks with a board to hold it up on. while walking there, the ark tipped over and when someone went to go catch it (with his bare hand) he was struck dead. so idk.

Its so funny how everyone confronts christians and makes a mockery of the religion, continually picking it apart. Thats not cool. If you are going to criticize religions, do it to them all. I am guessing that God killed them because they broke the damn commandments. Thats what I would think. Also, dont trust half the stuff you read on the internet.

NBA Superstar

You have the free will to choose God or death obviously. Just like you have the free will to jump off a 100 story building or not jump off a 100 story building. Because a decision could result in your "death" doesn't mean you didn't have free will.

the answer is simple, the bible is a lie and god doesnt exist.

Dunking on everybody in the park AtticusPigeon11's Avatar

FinishHim!, what kind of people do you interact with on a daily basis?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Its so funny how everyone confronts christians and makes a mockery of the religion, continually picking it apart. Thats not cool. If you are going to criticize religions, do it to them all. I am guessing that God killed them because they broke the damn commandments. Thats what I would think. Also, dont trust half the stuff you read on the internet.
    the only reason people pick on Christians is because that is the most popular religion they are surrounded by.

Because Christianity is the largest religion on earth, so it's the one that we the non-believers know of and have heard of the most...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FinishHim!
    Because Christianity is the largest religion on earth, so it's the one that we the non-believers know of and have heard of the most...
    So you don't know what you're talking about, but just wanna be angry at something. Am I right?

Why not Islam?Buddhism? Always beating up on Jesus. Kinda sad. If you dont believe it, you dont have to post threads questioning why it says this? I am not gay, and you never hear me ask when the parade is? I am just saying that its gets old after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
    he's god. do rules govern over god or does god govern over rules? i'm pretty sure it's the latter.
    Valid question... But if my parents are murderers and they tell me that i'm forbidden from killing people, i'm probably gonna scoff at them for not leading by example... There are actually some people who think they are justified in killing others based on God's example/instruction.

Why not Islam?Buddhism? Always beating up on Jesus. Kinda sad. If you dont believe it, you dont have to post threads questioning why it says this? I am not gay, and you never hear me ask when the parade is? I am just saying that its gets old after a while.
    Asking questions = "beating up on Jesus." That's why people aren't drawn to church, due to people like you who don't accept the doctrines being questioned. Everyone is supposed to be a trained puppet that accepts everything they hear without using their own mind and critical thinking ability. Kind of like the Catholic Church in which the Pope is pretty much like God on earth for them.

NBA Superstar

Asking questions = "beating up on Jesus." That's why people aren't drawn to church, due to people like you who don't accept the doctrines being questioned. Everyone is supposed to be a trained puppet that accepts everything they hear without using their own mind and critical thinking ability. Kind of like the Catholic Church in which the Pope is pretty much like God on earth for them.
    I'd like a stat on how many Catholics actually believe the Pope is God on earth.

First of all, I dont consider the Catholic Church an actual church. Secondly, its getting old. That's all. Wasnt there another thread on this last week?

Dunking on everybody in the park AtticusPigeon11's Avatar

Lay off the "puppet/drone" name-calling kid. There's plenty of time to utilize those skills in the practical world we live in through our human interaction. The one that's concrete and before our very eyes, that you and I value as the end all-be all.