Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The worst ass whippin you ever got from your parents?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    If you have to whip your kids, then fine, do it. But in my opinion, you must be a pretty ****ty parent if you can't properly discipline and raise your kids without physically hurting them.

Just my take on the matter.
    Exactly. If you can't teach your kids boundaries and what's right or wrong, then its the parents that should be beat, not the kids. Its not the kids' fault that they weren't given proper structure to encourage good behavior.

South Africa 2010

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I acted up, then something was taken away, whether it was my time, or my ability to do what I wanted, or with what I wanted to do it with.

Whether it was extra chores, or grounding, or lack of access to amenities like television, video games, or toys, misbehavior resulted in nonviolent consequences that made me not want to behave in that manner anymore.

Its all about incentives, and while a good lickin' definitely gives disincentive to misbehave, there are other means that give the same magnitude of disincentive.
    I guess it depends on how you view things. Those things didn't work with me or my brothers. We were all really hard headed and only an ass whipping would teach us. Everyone knows how to control their own child, and I don't think whipping smacking your child's rear end is considered violence.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by U got Served
    I guess it depends on how you view things. Those things didn't work with me or my brothers. We were all really hard headed and only an ass whipping would teach us. Everyone knows how to control their own child, and I don't think whipping smacking your child's rear end is considered violence.
    IMO, if you need to resort to violence to keep your kids in line, then you really don't know how to "control" your own child. And yes, hitting your kids is violence, and is teaching them that problems can and/or should be solved with violence.

I'm not going to try hitting or spanking my daughter when she gets older. Instead I'll at least try a different approach because it was effective on me...

...usually when I was a kid I would get spankings open hand then later with a paddle. But there came a time when I was too old to get them because they didn't hurt as much anymore. Hell by the age of 9 or 10 I would laugh during some spankings becuase it didn't hurt.

So what I plan to do is what my parents did to me, which was stand in the corner face it and stare at it for at least 1-2 hours straight. They had to the patients to keep me there too. If I did something wrong, I would lose a privilege. Such as Genesis, a certain toy, etc. I hated the corner so bad that sometimes they would give me a choice of a spanking or standing in the corner and I would take spanking because i hated the corner so much even though at the time the spanking would hurt like hell with the paddle.

I just have to learn to be patient more than anything with it.

To answer the topic's question my worst spanking I ever got was for messing up our Christmas tree. I got on the arm of our couch and basically jumped into it messing up one side really bad. Broke some ornaments and stuff.

South Africa 2010

IMO, if you need to resort to violence to keep your kids in line, then you really don't know how to "control" your own child. And yes, hitting your kids is violence, and is teaching them that problems can and/or should be solved with violence.
    See the thing is, I don't see myself or my brothers thinking "well, since my dad hit me I'm gonna go ahead and kick someone's ass in school."
    Plus, I knew they wished the best for me, not at the time they whipped me, later on. Also I knew what my friend's parents were like and thought to myself that I was very lucky. My dad never hit my mom, and I never ever saw my dad or mom get into a fight that made me think that violence was ok.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by U got Served
    See the thing is, I don't see myself or my brothers thinking "well, since my dad hit me I'm gonna go ahead and kick someone's ass in school."
    Plus, I knew they wished the best for me, not at the time they whipped me, later on. Also I knew what my friend's parents were like and thought to myself that I was very lucky. My dad never hit my mom, and I never ever saw my dad or mom get into a fight that made me think that violence was ok.
    Not everybody that has violence as punishment goes on to have violence and the threat of violence as acceptable means for conflict resolution, but I would say that it does affect a fair amount of impressionable kids' views at least at the subconscious level.

South Africa 2010

Not everybody that has violence as punishment goes on to have violence and the threat of violence as acceptable means for conflict resolution, but I would say that it does affect a fair amount of impressionable kids' views at least at the subconscious level.

I don't think whipping your kids affects them more than the psychological and emotional abuse. Emotional scars are the ones that are though to heal. I don't have kids so I don't know what's it like to "control" them. I guess when I grow older and see what's like to have to whip your child, maybe I'll change my mind.

Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

I've been belted a lot of times when I was young, although it got less as I grew older. I think the worst one was my mom hitting me with the belt for some stupid sh!t I don't even remember anymore, and she used the buckle and she hit me across the face. I didn't have contacts back then and she broke my glasses. Didn't even say sorry afterwards haha.

My parents beat the f*ck out of me and I thank them for it. Not once did I think I didn't deserve the a$$ kicking them handed me. I've been beaten with a shoe, a belt, one time my dad even used a closed fist but I was near the age where you stopped getting spankings. I didn't get another spanking after that.

Made that high school varsity squad Batman's Avatar

Default Re: The worst ass whippen you ever got from your parents?

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    DOnt really remember but most of my ass whippings came from talking back to my mom. My dad would then come home and I would get my ass belted. Started at around 5 belts but he would add one each time I put my hands back to block the belt.
    LOL

Made that high school varsity squad Batman's Avatar

lol great thread

Learning to shoot layups bret tha ripper's Avatar

when my grandma hit me with a switch like 40 times from rough housing. The biotch broke skin