Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can any of you that are smarter than me explain why most assets are down today?

Precious metals... down.

Crypto... down.

Stocks... down.

Meanwhile, the fed continues to print at unprecedented rates, the budget is as bad as it's ever been, we have a record level of debt and the dollar is inflating at a rate not seen for over a decade.

So break this down for me, because apparently I am stupid. Fed prints lots and lots and lots of dollars... thereby making each dollar worth less by the very basic principle of supply and demand. They continue to announcer higher than expected inflation month after month, extremely high above their self proclaimed 2% inflationary goal and the result is... all assets start to sell off.

Why? Why is that?

In what ****ing clown world do you massively increase the supply of something backed by nothing and hard assets all around it go down in value relative to it?

What am I missing? Why am I so stupid?

I understand that the belief in paper money runs extremely deep because this is what people are taught from birth but it just seems to go against common sense at this point. Is it really just that simple and that's it? They can print as much as they want... because of... belief? Why has supply and demand not overtaken belief?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Can any of you that are smarter than me explain why most assets are down today?

you know by the time the big banks decide to allow crypto become what people want it to become, we'll be back at square one right?

like the whole "cutting the cord" and replacing cable with subscriptions we came full circle and are now paying the same prices if not more for subscriptions than people were paying for cable.

anyways, to answer your question:

as long the banks puppeteer the government and the US maintains military superiority, we'll stay printing money from thin air.

Default Re: Can any of you that are smarter than me explain why most assets are down today?

Viral video shows Malaysian police destroying 1,069 bitcoin mining rigs with a steamroller

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/19/mala...ning-rigs.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    Precious metals... down.

Crypto... down.

Stocks... down.

Meanwhile, the fed continues to print at unprecedented rates, the budget is as bad as it's ever been, we have a record level of debt and the dollar is inflating at a rate not seen for over a decade.

So break this down for me, because apparently I am stupid. Fed prints lots and lots and lots of dollars... thereby making each dollar worth less by the very basic principle of supply and demand. They continue to announcer higher than expected inflation month after month, extremely high above their self proclaimed 2% inflationary goal and the result is... all assets start to sell off.

Why? Why is that?

In what ****ing clown world do you massively increase the supply of something backed by nothing and hard assets all around it go down in value relative to it?

I understand that the belief in paper money runs extremely deep because this is what people are taught from birth but it just seems to go against common sense at this point. Is it really just that simple and that's it? They can print as much as they want... because of... belief? Why has supply and demand not overtaken belief?

Thanks in advance.

PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    you know by the time the big banks decide to allow crypto become what people want it to become, we'll be back at square one right?

like the whole "cutting the cord" and replacing cable with subscriptions we came full circle and are now paying the same prices if not more for subscriptions than people were paying for cable.

anyways, to answer your question:

as long the banks puppeteer the government and the US maintains military superiority, we'll stay printing money from thin air.
    Well I fully believe that given enough time it's not going to matter. Bitcoin is hard capped and that's it. Supply and demand will not be denied given a long enough of a timeline. Even with fake and manipulated markets like we see with gold and silver due to paper gold and silver contracts, it won't be the same with Bitcoin given enough time. Even though the earth does not have an infinite amount of precious metals, more miners can spring into existence and up the rates of mining, for now. The thing with BTC is that regardless of the number of miners, the number of BTC generated is the same either way. Hash rate goes up... same amount of BTC... hash rate goes down... same amount of BTC. It's capped at 21 million and that's it. They can only manipulate this market for so long.

But even those aside... why the **** would stocks go down in an inflationary environment? Is it all really rigged that ****ing hard? Holy shit, dude.

And what you're saying is true about the military but I just can't see a path forward in which the monetary system doesn't eventually collapse. Indeed though I may just be stupid.

What does that have to do with the price of BTC, gold, silver, or the stock market? Nothing. So what's your point?

Bitcoin doesn't care. The next block is in 10 minutes. The network continues to function the same as it did before this. Get used to it.

OP, I see what you're driving at with this thread, and you needn't be coy about it. Let's cut right to the chase.

Yes, I DO still have a few Blades of Freedom left.

Make me an offer.

OP ignored everyone smarter than him (half the board)

Well I fully believe that given enough time it's not going to matter. Bitcoin is hard capped and that's it. Supply and demand will not be denied given a long enough of a timeline. Even with fake and manipulated markets like we see with gold and silver due to paper gold and silver contracts, it won't be the same with Bitcoin given enough time. Even though the earth does not have an infinite amount of precious metals, more miners can spring into existence and up the rates of mining, for now. The thing with BTC is that regardless of the number of miners, the number of BTC generated is the same either way. Hash rate goes up... same amount of BTC... hash rate goes down... same amount of BTC. It's capped at 21 million and that's it. They can only manipulate this market for so long.

But even those aside... why the **** would stocks go down in an inflationary environment? Is it all really rigged that ****ing hard? Holy shit, dude.

And what you're saying is true about the military but I just can't see a path forward in which the monetary system doesn't eventually collapse. Indeed though I may just be stupid.
    i'm sure it will, i don't know if it will happen in our lifetimes however. but there are other things at play that can accelerate that or keep it at bay. i try to not think about shit like this because all it accomplishes is making me upset about something i will never have control over. we're all just here for the ride so to speak.

all great empires come to an end, the US will be no different. the corruption and greediness of its politicians is already having an ill effect on the future of the country. human nature is undefeated.

Fear of the big, bad Covid. Delta running rampant and L.A. county reshutting down.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Maybe the military budget will pay off after all. USA and western governments will use violence if the east tries to cancel us.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I'm so behind on all this cryptocurrency. What am I watching in this video?

Precious metals... down.

Crypto... down.

Stocks... down.

Why? Why is that?

Thanks in advance.
    Because they can. US Dollar is still the global currency standard so they can get away with it. If it was any other country, they wouldn't be able to.

Before the US dollar, the global standard was always gold afaik. US knows it so they bought up the entire world's gold supply over the last century. Even if the standard were to return to gold, US still is filthy rich beyond comprehension.

And of course there is the US military to hold down the guarantees/promises for now - all of Europe & North America have depended on us since 1945. We have half of our forces in the Pacific Ocean stretching from Asia to South America, especially Japan & South Korea & Taiwan & Australia.

China is trying so hard to get into the picture, but will be couple more decades before they can. US needs to maintain ties with all those countries to ensure China has a very fierce uphill battle. Chinese are pushing hard into Africa because that is their only remaining continent that US doesn't have deep clutches in. Watch them try to push their tentacles into the Middle East once we pull out. Space is, of course, the final frontier that they are trying to push for control as well.
    Last edited by bladefd; 07-19-2021 at 06:56 PM.

People have been saying the raising covid cases in the U.S. is bringing stocks down.

If that's the case, it might be a good idea to see how high the covid #s go up too. The higher the goes, the lower the market..which means it'll be a great time to buy.

The S&P dropped down and then jumped back up 100% during the covid run. Hopefully it does it again!

December 2020 the S&P was at 3700, then the world shut down at various points, people losing their jobs and business recieved money to cope with the crisis. It should have gone down then, but instead now sits at 4200 contrary to any regular logic.
    Wouldn't be surprised if it takes another big dump as new investors cash out profits to spend when they go back to their life.