Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Default Re: Allen Iverson's Crossover vs. Michael Jordan's Crossover

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    The AI crossover was obviously better but it is in fact the most over-hyped crossover in NBA history.

Honestly, I don't even put it in AI's top 10 all time. Only reason people talk about it is because it was Michael Jordan and it is one of the few embarrassing MJ moments that the NBA/media has no problem replaying.

You make it sound like there are tons of embarassing Jordan moments that the media somehow tries to hide.

Jordan has been owned highlight wise or even box score wise fewer than just abuot every other all time great combined....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
    Remember when Gary Payton stripped it from Jordan and then dunked in in the finals? Who cares... it's one nice play...
    What's even funnier about that play (and goes to show you how people will unwittingly twist their memories) is that Payton didn't strip Jordan, Vincent Askew did. Payton just picked up the loose ball and took it in for the dunk with Jordan trailing.

Root Of All Evil

I hated GP that series ... he was always talking and staring at Jordan. Usually as they were losing, and as Jordan was demolishing whoever.

Root Of All Evil

I hate that people act like Jordan was some super slow 34 year old. He was the best player in the league, still one of the most capable physically, and was an all first team defender. No excuses, he got broke the **** off. And it's hardly overrated. He got broke off something ugly, and it only adds to the aura that it WAS on Jordan, the best player of All-Time and probably the best permiter defender to play the game.

Root Of All Evil

And ... ummm ... No. Hardaway's crossover wasn't better than Iversons.

New generation crossover >>> the old pitter patter crossover.

3-time NBA All-Star

AI's crossover was better. But Jordan's crossover on Bird in the 63-point game was equal.
    Last edited by guy; 12-09-2007 at 02:54 PM.

The Big Bang

Are you comparing just those two screens there or you talking about overall?

Cause Iverson blows Jordan's crossover out of the ballpark.

To be honest, Jordan's crossover looked like shit, I don't care about bs like old school crossover. When something dosen't look good, it just dosen't look good. It wasn't even that effective, Russel was a old slow guy back then.

And wtf is Loki talking about in his first post? All he had to say was Iverson had the better crossover in general.

MJ was like 105 in both vids.

Catch MJ in '88 and his smokes all.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    You make it sound like there are tons of embarassing Jordan moments that the media somehow tries to hide.
    If you means tons as in the amount of clips that Greg Anthony or Shawn Bradley are the victims on someone else's highlight then no.

If by tons you mean more than the one or two the media shows, then yes.

Besides Allen Iverson, Michael has been crossed by: Damon Stoudemire, Rod Strickland, Grant Hill, and Steve Smith (not a cross just Smith's unstoppable fake spin move) off the top of my head. Pretty sure there are quite a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    Jordan has been owned highlight wise or even box score wise fewer than just abuot every other all time great combined....
    So what? Are you such a Michael Jordan fanatic that the thought of him getting shook hurts your feelings? Michael is great but he has been made to look a fool a number of times just like every one else.
    Last edited by Da KO King; 12-10-2007 at 10:39 PM.

I have always thought that if Jay Williams didn't have that tragic accident, he would have had the greatest cross over of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    - Jordan wass a better defender, no, MUCH better defender than Russell
    - Jordan penetrated and pulled back, with a light push on Russell. Iverson didn't lay a finger on Jordan and did it without running
    - Jordan was facing AI the whole time, Russell had to go side-to-side with Jordan to keep up. Jordan was running, Iverson was on the spot.

Iverson's was better. Looked better and was harder to do.

I like Allen Iverson's Crossover. That was one of AI's best highlights in his Rookie Season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEmS8ZQIhTA

Local High School Star

Iverson should get a purse to carry around the ball for him, but considering he got away with it his entire career... you gotta give the nod to Iverson.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease m y t i n's Avatar

Everybody gets crossed over, stripped or dunked on all the time. It's part of the game. Plus I'm pretty sure players don't get bitter over it. Michael could be sitting at home watching AI crossing him over and laugh about it and same with Russel... maybe...

Scal
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by m y t i n
    Everybody gets crossed over, stripped or dunked on all the time. It's part of the game. Plus I'm pretty sure players don't get bitter over it. Michael could be sitting at home watching AI crossing him over and laugh about it and same with Russel... maybe...
    I'm pretty sure Russell is sitting around in his gym shorts waiting for Jordan to call him and say 'Let's play'.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Iverson

but thats it

Jordan was more skilled

Other than ballhandling and chucking he was the perfect SG