Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your favorite scrub?

owwwww

Pape Sow, I guess. We don't really have any lovable scrubs on our team, maybe Bonner but he's gone.

Roy = my new fave.

Under the "12 minutes or fewer" rule, my favorite scrubs are Mike Wilks, Stacey Augmon, Ronald Dupree, Othella Harrington and James Thomas.

Roy = my new fave.

I guess it should be 15 minutes or fewer. Surprisingly few players average fewer than 12 minutes. If the definition is stretched to 15 minutes or fewer, then Maurice Evans is my favorite.

Local High School Star Bulls_Fan20's Avatar

It's gotta be Travis Diener. He was my favorite at Marquette even when Wade was still there.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease NBAfan32's Avatar

Ryan Bowen, Scott Padgett and Brian Cardinal.

My favorite "scrub" is Udonis Haslem. If he was on just about any other team he wouldn't start, but fits his role in Miami very well. He's not very athletic, but he works very hard for boards, and can hit the open 15 footer.

Banned

Udonis Haslem is not a scrub in any way shape or form. Name me a team in this league that couldn't find room for him in the top 8 of their rotation and then let's talk.

I like Brian Cardinal also. If I could have Cards, Ruff, and Profit as the 9-12 of my team I'd be a pretty happy man.

Banned

It's gotta be Travis Diener. He was my favorite at Marquette even when Wade was still there.
    You think he's gonna slide up to 4th guard in the rotation over in Magicland now? Or will he still be the fifth guard with the Magic still delusional that someday Dooling will turn into something? Diener is pretty much the perfect 5th guard. I agree I like him alot. Automatic from 3.

My favorite 5 are: Antonio Burks, Eddie Badsen, Jermaine Jackson(combo guards, *sigh*), D.J. Mbenga, and my favorite..Ronny Turiaf. Out of these 5, i think DJ sadly is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    Udonis Haslem is not a scrub in any way shape or form. Name me a team in this league that couldn't find room for him in the top 8 of their rotation and then let's talk.

I like Brian Cardinal also. If I could have Cards, Ruff, and Profit as the 9-12 of my team I'd be a pretty happy man.
    I'm not sayin he's a bad player, but I seriously don't think he would fit well with other teams and get the starting job. There are many more talented PF's in the game, with better jumpers, and more size. Haslem just does the dirty work Miami needs him to do, besides his toughness he is nothing special. He is undersized, not as athletic, and isn't very flashy. Some might not agree, but this is just my opinion.

Banned

randolph

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

There are many more talented PF's in the game, with better jumpers, and more size.
    Ofcourse there are...

However Udonis Haslem doesn't fit under the "scrub" label in no shape of form.

There is a diffrence between a role player (which is what Udonis is) and a "scrub".

A "scrub" is an 11/12 man, not much skill, and only sees time when mulitple injuries surface (see Micheal Doleac).

As GeeWiz eluded too, Udonis would be a top 7-8 rotational player on pretty much every team in this league.

darko, by a mile

dude is in top 99% at predraft camp in lateral quickness
    height, skills, size
    just not an ounce of confidence
    if he gets traded to the suns, he will seriously BLOW UP
    25/10/5/4 blocks on 55% shooting and 35% threes and 75% ft

3-time NBA All-Star

Fred Hoiberg, once/if he returns from heart surgery

also Luke Jackson once his back heals

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
    darko, by a mile

dude is in top 99% at predraft camp in lateral quickness
    height, skills, size
    just not an ounce of confidence
    if he gets traded to the suns, he will seriously BLOW UP
    25/10/5/4 blocks on 55% shooting and 35% threes and 75% ft
    all the Darko fans here think he's gonna block 3 or 4 shots a game when only two players (Camby and Kirilenko) blocked more than 3 (but less than 4) per game last season.

pretty comical