Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Record for most assists in a game without a turnover?

Quote Originally Posted by tastystaci
    U guys serious? Why would u think a guy getting a shot blocked could be a turnover? IT'S A SHOT...THAT WAS BLOCKED. It's nothing more than a missed shot, rebound to whoever recovers it. Don't even see an argument. And Rondo's 19 assist's were not impressive at all. 18 of them were passes out to Ray for jumpshots There was a bad pass to Ray on the sideline from Rondo that should've been a t.o., they must've given that to Ray for some reason.
    LOL Rondo did not assist on every Ray shot also anytime when a PG gets in the high teens a lot of it come down to finding the hot hand
    Last edited by MMM; 05-01-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Blu Ray

So now ISH has resorted to, "yeah, but those assists weren't impressive because all he did was just pass to Ray Ray."

Really? Really ISH? Ray f*cking drops 51 for the game, is f*cking red hot the entire game, yet Rondo shouldn't pass it to him? I'll send him a text that reads: Hey mayne, make sure you do some crazy sh*t in game seven...I'm talking no look behind the back type sh*t, don't just pass the ball mayne, deliver that ball with some flava."

You guys are trying way too hard, but whatever. The hate on Rondo just means he's finally stepped it up and elevated his game to the point of pure, unadulterated hate.

Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    So now ISH has resorted to, "yeah, but those assists weren't impressive because all he did was just pass to Ray Ray."

Really? Really ISH? Ray f*cking drops 51 for the game, is f*cking red hot the entire game, yet Rondo shouldn't pass it to him? I'll send him a text that reads: Hey mayne, make sure you do some crazy sh*t in game seven...I'm talking no look behind the back type sh*t, don't just pass the ball mayne, deliver that ball with some flava."

You guys are trying way too hard, but whatever. The hate on Rondo just means he's finally stepped it up and elevated his game to the point of pure, unadulterated hate.
    I'm not blaming Rondo at all for passing to Ray-Ray when he's on fire. But I would do the same f*ckin thing. I'm not gonna gargle a guys ballz for doing the same thing I woulda/coulda done. He didn't have a good game. He missed big shots, took bad shots, flew white guys into scoreboards for no reason. The guy has a horrible game and still gets threads started slurping on him. It's a joke to me.

Blu Ray

Did you just say you could get 19 assists in an NBA game? Did I read that correctly?

Seriously, dude? Wow. I'm literally at a loss. I'm done. I quit.

ISH has officially hit rock bottom.

Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

Did you just say you could get 19 assists in an NBA game? Did I read that correctly?

You're a dope, and I promise nobody cares if you're done I could've made almost any of those assists he had last night, they were nothing but swing passes to Ray. I couldn't defend Rose, I probably would get my rock taken multiple times, but I could definitly make those passes he was making. Please watch the game and tell me he had a good f*ckin game you blind homer.

I know one thing I could do better than Rondo, and that's shoot the f*ckin rock. In fact, you talked me into it. I'm gonna call up Ainge and tell him I can make swing passes to Ray-Ray AND hit a free throw/outside shot. Thank you, this is a life altering moment, all thanks to you.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Is that really the rule? That's terrible then imo, since what makes a block that's recovered by the defense any different than a steal? Makes no sense to me.

Interesting, but I'm not sure I'm persuaded, since in one case a shot actually is made and a rebound occurs, and in one it doesn't.
    How can you be such a big NBA fan yet not know that a block shot does not equal a turnover? All of your time watching Kobe and M.J you never realized that when they got blocked, a turnover wasnt added to there stats?

National High School Star

You're being a bit dramatic huh? Try to be less emotional, there isn't some grand conspiracy here to discredit Rondo, just an honest question about whether a blocked shot is a turnover.

Anyways, for the people that aren't on the rag:

It shouldn't be a turnover for the same reason an airball shouldn't be a turnover. You intended to take a shot and you got one off. In this case it just so happens that the opposing player altered it and you missed.

Well, come to think of it, what would you call it when a guy takes a shot and the defensive player literally snatches it from the air? TO? Does the defensive player get a block or a steal... or both?

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    You're being a bit dramatic huh? Try to be less emotional, there isn't some grand conspiracy here to discredit Rondo, just an honest question about whether a blocked shot is a turnover.

Anyways, for the people that aren't on the rag:

It shouldn't be a turnover for the same reason an airball shouldn't be a turnover. You intended to take a shot and you got one off. In this case it just so happens that the opposing player altered it and you missed.

Well, come to think of it, what would you call it when a guy takes a shot and the defensive player literally snatches it from the air? TO? Does the defensive player get a block or a steal... or both?
    Yes, there is.

All of a sudden everyone's questioning whether a blocked shot is a turnover. Are you f*cking serious? Only agenda'd retards are questioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    For the 32nd time, he gets a block and a rebound

Getting blocked is not a turnover, I always knew (well maybe not knew, but that was what I thought). But what is this BS with being credited with a rebound if you gain possession of the ball. So theoretically, if you shoot the ball, a defender blocks it, and you get the ball back, does that mean you're credited with the offensive board?

Also I still think that to get a rebound "normally" you have to catch the ball before it hits the ground? This is still true right? Once it bounces it's no longer a rebound? This still HAS to hold.

You know what phuck stats. You people are way too serious about stats anyway. As far as I know, getting blocked is not a turnover and doesn't result in a rebound, and to get a rebound from a missed shot the ball's not allowed to bounce.

And for the record, I like Rondo. Whatever it was that he did, well done. I still want Bulls to win though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith
    It's going to be close when it's all said and done.
    This right here is perfect proof of how overrated players from the 00's era are.

For every missed shot there's a rebound. Even if that shot is blocked. Or if it hits the ground. Or even if it goes out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by tastystaci
    You're a dope, and I promise nobody cares if you're done I could've made almost any of those assists he had last night, they were nothing but swing passes to Ray. I couldn't defend Rose, I probably would get my rock taken multiple times, but I could definitly make those passes he was making. Please watch the game and tell me he had a good f*ckin game you blind homer.

I know one thing I could do better than Rondo, and that's shoot the f*ckin rock. In fact, you talked me into it. I'm gonna call up Ainge and tell him I can make swing passes to Ray-Ray AND hit a free throw/outside shot. Thank you, this is a life altering moment, all thanks to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    For every missed shot there's a rebound. Even if that shot is blocked. Or if it hits the ground. Or even if it goes out of bounds.
    OK that last part cannot be true. If that's the case who the phuck gets credited with the rebound?

Quote Originally Posted by Junny
    OK that last part cannot be true. If that's the case who the phuck gets credited with the rebound?
    No one. It's a team rebound.